Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #61
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
I think this clears up one thing Whedon screwed her and we'll always hate him for it but I think the most important thing coming out of all this is that Charisma Carpenter has never been a Angel/Cordy shipper and has always been a Cordy/Xander shipper more then anything else but that's just me speculating.

Though that maybe due to Charisma's long standing friendship with Nicholas Brendan but I doubt it.
She didn't say she was a Cordy/Xander shipper. She just said she liked kissing Nicholas the best. I'm pretty sure she's said in past interviews that she thought C/A was really sweet and wished it had gotten to go further.

But I doubt she really cares one way or the other who her character is shipped with except, obviously, with Connor.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #62
Livvie
nutcase

Well, also, at that other convention, Emma Caufield said that Nicholas Brenden used to eat onions and stuff before she kissed him, kind of playfully ragging on him, and Charisma was there. Plus, Julie Benz ALWAYS says David Boreanaz was her best kiss. To me, being the nice person she is, I bet dollars to donuts that CC said that about NB because she is nice and maybe because nobody ever says he was the best kisser.

She's said a ton about C/A in interviews. But I agree with Debs, now that the show is over, she probably doesn't give two flips about shipping, as long as it's not Connor. LOL
Old 09-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #63
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Can't say I blame her. LOL

Were Joss and Tim on crack when they came up with the Connor/Cordy storyline?

Last edited by LordKain; 09-10-2009 at 03:59 PM.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #64
nodakskip

Thinking that maybe she sees them differently.

Xander and Cordy were more physical and making out. Angel and Cordy were a little more small moments friendship thing. It depends on how you define shipping I think.

As for just saying Nicholas was a better kisser because no one had mentioned him, I dont think thats it. Way back in Buffy season 2 there was a bunch of "Backstage Lot" promos for WB shows. And CC says she was very fond of Nicholas because of the way he helped her with the onscreen kisses. It even showed a blooper of them.

Plus I think there should a mention of the actors lives outside of work. If I recall right SMG and David B. didn't hang out much after work. They kept their work and private lives apart... so CC would just have more experience with Nicholas then David.

And I would think CC wanting to have Angel/Cordy go more would be not because she was or was not fan of the ship it was because she got would get more screen time and things to do.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #65
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip View Post
Xander and Cordy were more physical and making out. Angel and Cordy were a little more small moments friendship thing.
I really don't know which show you were watching, but I saw SEX on my screen. Granted, it was either dream sex or possessed sex, but it was their bodies having it. LOL! And I heard Cordy say she loved Angel, so for me (and I'm guessing more than a few more of us here) Angel and Cordy were a LOT more than a small friendship thing.

I understand you're a big time X/C shipper, but...really..."small friendship thing"? On *this* board?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #66
nodakskip

Sorry what I meant was that XC was right away. Any Angel/Cordy started as a friendship thing that slowly grew from that. Yes they did do small things like looks or a "I need you." type thing. But they never did any of it outside of a spell or something.

Course I could be wrong but from what I recall the two times Angel/Cordy did make out or anything else was...

1. Because of the ghosts in the dressing rooms.
2. When Angel had the fake magic dream about sex with Cordy to lose his soul to get Angelus back out.

Both times were not them it was something else. Cordy had more of a dating relationship with Xander and Groo then Angel. Angel and Cordy could have gone on to be something yes. But now matter what ship you like it wont last long on a Joss show. Nick B knew this when asked if Xander and Anya would follow through with the wedding. He knew that Joss never liked his characters to be happy.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #67
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip View Post
Sorry what I meant was that XC was right away. Any Angel/Cordy started as a friendship thing that slowly grew from that. Yes they did do small things like looks or a "I need you." type thing. But they never did any of it outside of a spell or something.

Course I could be wrong but from what I recall the two times Angel/Cordy did make out or anything else was...

1. Because of the ghosts in the dressing rooms.
2. When Angel had the fake magic dream about sex with Cordy to lose his soul to get Angelus back out.

Both times were not them it was something else. Cordy had more of a dating relationship with Xander and Groo then Angel. Angel and Cordy could have gone on to be something yes. But now matter what ship you like it wont last long on a Joss show. Nick B knew this when asked if Xander and Anya would follow through with the wedding. He knew that Joss never liked his characters to be happy.
That why I think Joss is nothing more then a one trick pony and I think both shows looking back now are/were highly overrated by us in my opinion.

As for Angel and Cordy I think they could of been something special had the rest of the characters on the show stopped telling both of them that they were in love with each other all through season 3 like they did especially Fred who I just wanted to shut the hell most of the time.

Last edited by LordKain; 09-12-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #68
Emmangel
Administrator

Hey guys, I've uploaded some photos from the con (Friday) to my LJ, and can be found here: http://abby-i.livejournal.com/510375.html
Old 09-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #69
samsmom

thank you Emmanuel!

Awww, Julie and Charisma are BFFs. I loved seeing their heads together like that! So sweet.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #70
DamnSkippy

Those are some gorgeous pics, Em! It sounds like it would have been impossible to choose which panels to go to. And the lines? OMG, I would have stayed in my room and watched what I could catch on DCTV I think.

Thanks for posting them!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #71
LordKain
Devil Hunter

nice pictures Emmanuel thanks for posting these.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:59 AM   #72
Bryan

Thumbs up

Thanks for the pics "Emmangel"
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #73
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
It sounds like it would have been impossible to choose which panels to go to. And the lines? OMG, I would have stayed in my room and watched what I could catch on DCTV I think.
It's hard, but that's where planning comes in. I spend the weekend before going through the pocket program, and the spreesheet they put online, and work everything out.

Most guests do a panel each day, so it's just a case of planning and figuring out when you need to get there early, and when you can do panels back to back. The bonus is the more years you go, the more you can cut tracks out (I didn't do any Stargate this year for example). I did watch a Torchwood panel in my room, so DCTV does come in handy!

I've also found a book of Sudoku passes the time much quicker than a book, as it takes more of your concentration. Top tip for 2010. LOL!

This was my schedule for this year: http://abby-i.net/ljmisc/dragoncon09.html I decided to skip two panels due to lazyness, but otherwise it worked out fine and I mananged to see everything I wanted too. (these bolded are what I decided to attend, the others are conflicting talks)

Saying all that though, as the con can't expand it terms space anymore (there are no more hotels to expand into close by, and they don't want to use a convention centre), I really hope they consider expanding the con to include Thursday. I think it'd improve things a great deal.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #74
DamnSkippy

Thanks, Em, for that background info. It sounds like a very hectic 3 days. A fourth day would be a great idea.

Oh, I see there was another Buffy panel on Sunday? I haven't seen any videos or reports of that one come out. I hope someone went!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #75
Emmangel
Administrator

There was a panel on Sunday, and one on Monday (though CC wasn't on that one). I haven't seen anything from that either, but there is a D*C flickr group which might be worth a look, as they may have some pictures.