Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #61
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
Speaking of ER, I like her acting in Big Shots, She's not as wooden in this roll
She's honestly not terrible. Which is kind of a shame, because Michael Vartan is terrible. And Nia Long isn't helping much, since she now seems to be trying to act enough for both of them. That way lies madness, dude.

Meanwhile, Brody's father-in-law is a terrible little man. Kudos to the actor who played him for not trying to "seem likeable" while uttering some truly despicable stuff. Plus hey, storyline for Brody! It will be interesting to see where they take the "I own you now" situation; plainly, we see a pattern developing in which Brody is constantly hiding things from Janelle, apparently out of fear. Will she find out about any of it? And then what? The show may or may not have enough time left to explore that, but still.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #62
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

zap2it.com

Quote:
The final few minutes of "Grey's" and "Big Shots" averaged 5.9/10 for ABC, just beating "ER," 5.8/10, on NBC.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #63
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

From here:

Quote:
ABC's Big Shots is wrapping. I understand production was told today they would not be coming back after the strike. Not surprising because it was stillborn ratings-wise.

Last edited by SamIAm; 11-09-2007 at 06:51 PM.
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #64
DamnSkippy

My, God, can this woman not catch a break? I hope they at least finished filming episode 9 and we'll get to see her one time! *grumblespitcurse*
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #65
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Per Ausiello's column, which Tojoson linked, I expect they will produce the remaining episodes of the 13-episode commitment - if for no other reason than that all the scripts have been turned in, and fresh meat is fresh meat.

I don't have much reason to doubt Nikki Finke, but it also may pay to remember that this is a very unofficial statement. We'll probably hear from ABC soon enough.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #66
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

It's not unexpected but hopefully CC will get on air. At the very least hopefully she'll have made some good connections that will benefit her career next time around.

I still think CC would have been better in Samantha Who? than Christina Applegate.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #67
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

It is true that not coming back after the strike isn't the same as not going to finish filming the existing episodes, so there's some slim hope there. Also, as pointed out, it's not official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I still think CC would have been better in Samantha Who? than Christina Applegate.
I kinda like CA as Samantha, but I agree, CC would have kicked ass in the role too.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #68
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Meanwhile, a piece of an exchange from Marc Berman's Programming Insider site:

Quote:
Originally posted by TravisYanan:
...Big Shots is finishing filming on the scripts it has remaining, just like everything else.

But, like all new marginal/bubble series this season, I suspect the plug will be pulled when the when the show is finished producing. And to me that seems like just about every new series outside of Private Practice, Samantha Who, and Big Bang Theory.

The possible renewals, I think, are Pushing Daisies, Chuck (since it has become NBC's number one new series... oh, how quickly Bionic Woman tumbled), and Gossip Girl.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #69
tojoson

Oh, for crap sake

I was checking the show listings at The Futon Critic today.

For Dec. 6th at 10:02, they show a Barbara Walters special, then reruns of Big Shots for the rest of the month.

So it looks like we will have to wait till after the first of the year to see CC's episodes, if then.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #70
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
For Dec. 6th at 10:02, they show a Barbara Walters special, then reruns of Big Shots for the rest of the month.

So it looks like we will have to wait till after the first of the year to see CC's episodes, if then.
I was super-pissed about that, too. It didn't seem to make any sense, because that episode also has the denouement of the Duncan/Lisbeth/Terrence triangle. --->Lisbeth and Terrence get married.<---

It could be that ABC is hoping the show at least will go out in style and is saving that big finish --->as well as the introduction of the Notorious J<--- to lure back viewers after the holiday. No one really knows how long the strike will persist, and December is usually when series begin reruns anyway. I guess we'll see.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:09 AM   #71
Platypus
The Pointy End

For what it's worth, Ausiello said this today in this week's "Ask Ausiello":

Quote:
Question: Can you give me some news on my new favorite show, Big Shots? — Charlie
Ausiello: There are so many things wrong with that sentence I don't even know where to begin. So I'll just cut directly to the answer: Despite widespread reports, ABC has not canceled Big Shots. Not yet anyway.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:15 AM   #72
Alice
ME can kiss my ass

Video

Christopher Titus Says it himself

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iRCtc7RHJA&eurl=http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-11-15T22%3A56%3A00Z&max-results=25

"Occasionally, I'm callous and strange." - Willow, the Zeppo

Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #73
tojoson

CC's first episode is now scheduled for Dec. 13th

story here
Old 12-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #74
tojoson

Lots of screencaps from the wedding scene in ep 9.
Only one of CC and Titus

here

spoiler>> They say that someone is going to die in the episode. I gotta believe it's blackthorn, because he's going over to Cashmere Mafia<<

ETA:
According to the Futon Critic, the schedule for Jan. is,

10--The Better Man
17--Death Be Not Proud
24--Who's The Boss

Last edited by tojoson; 12-16-2007 at 11:32 AM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #75
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I am going to choose to believe the ABC suits started seeing all these critics saying how anxious they were to finally see CC on Big Shots, so they decided to move her episodes to January to make sure there was plenty of opportunity to promote her appearance. No one will dissuade me from this belief either.