Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > General
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #31
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne View Post
Well, slap my behind and call me Fanny. I've seen a few episodes, so guess I'll need to check that thread out.
{SMACK} Hi Fanny!

I am actually here quite a bit, lurking, but for the most part there's not a lot of discussion going on re: the shows I watch. I used to watch "Glee", but quit somewhere near the beginning of the second season because all of the stupid was making me sad.

I watched "True Blood" right up until the end of the second season, but then quit that like a bad habit as well because all of the Eric fans on the Internet made me hate him and as a consequence I hated the show as well.

But it does make me wonder what other Strangers may actually be watching the shows I am watching - perhaps it's time for a nostalgic-style poll?

As for me, I am still watching the zombies. I love the zombie show. Daryl the competent (but in need of a bath) damaged redneck is my latest tv boyfriend. And I have a new "new" vampire tv boyfriend coming back to the small screen in January in the form of Aidan on the US/Canadian version of "Being Human". I also have a fairy tale tv boyfriend in the form of the Sheriff on "Once Upon a Time". And I guess I'm cheating on all of them with my on-again, off-again "Supernatural" boyfriends, because I still watch that show too... I managed to quit "Glee", I quit "True Blood", but in spite of everything, I just can't seem to quit "Supernatural".

Of course, I will cast them all aside come April 2012 when the second season of "Game of Thrones" premieres, as I have way too many tv boyfriends on that show to be able to juggle the rest.

Edited to Add: "Happy Thanksgiving to all of the American Strangers!"

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Last edited by Platypus; 11-25-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #32
Elisha
Classic

I’m resurrecting this thread to ask a very important (or not so important) question. Am I the only one that suddenly feels like the old lady that’s been divorced like three or four times in the nursing home watching the youth of today?

Seriously. I was lurking around internet forums tonight and realized, it doesn’t matter what the show is shipper wars are still the same. Nothing has changed. There are still ducks and strangers fighting over who should and shouldn’t be together, (strangers always do it with more class) and people pulling out the ‘their like brother and sister’ line to try to debunk any comment by the other shipper that their couple should be together, and then there are TPTB sitting around going ‘it’s what they need, not what they want’.

Take for example one thing I stumbled upon on Wanda sorry Kristen’s E online page about the 100th episode of Gossip Girl, where show runner Josh Schwarts say’s ‘Plus, we really just wanted to piss off those 'Chair' fans so they don't destroy my Twitter feeds on a weekly basis…They're going to come with pitchforks! I probably will just not go online tonight. I mean, it's funny, on Friday we aired the last episode of Chuck [which Schwartz also created] and it was so nice and everyone was so lovely and now tonight will be...the opposite. They are coming for us."
Scroll down to the forum and there are the fans up in arms, making veiled threats to never watch again, and threatening the guys in their Hollywood offices to not piss off the main fan base. And suddenly in seeing this I was transported back to 2003-2004ish and ME was mocking every shipper, and we were banging our heads on our computer desks while people in Muumuu’s sharpened their knives. Honestly the only thing that has changed is now fan’s are not dragging themselves uphill in the snow without shoes, cos there is twitter and like buttons.
And I realized that I wanted to pat those poor suckers on the shoulder and tell them it’s all going to be okay. They will get over it, and they will realize it’s not the end of the world. Of course in saying that I DID stop watching after they fired Charisma, and I DID never again watch another Joss produced show (well at least not without my PJ’s, a bag of chips and a smirk as I mocked it and it’s subsequent demise) and I do still hold a grudge that he killed every part of what was good…so yeah I’m the rambling divorced old lady in the nursing home.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #33
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Not much to add, other than praise. Good post, Elisha.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #34
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Yeah Elisha, I think you hit the nail on the head. I thought I had learned my lesson and stayed the hell out of it but recently I got sucked into another fandom and shipper war. It's so easy to fall back into it and just get hurt all over again.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #35
DamnSkippy

You'd think the old B/A - C/A thing would be long over, but I still get B/A shippers commenting on my vids that Angel belongs with Buffy and C/A has no chemistry. I mostly laugh and shake my head, but it still baffles me why they feel the need to say anything.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:49 PM   #36
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

I don't follow any shows that closely anymore. C/A was my one and only ship, mainly because of the crazies I met along the way.

No one here, of course. Strangers rule.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #37
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
You'd think the old B/A - C/A thing would be long over, but I still get B/A shippers commenting on my vids that Angel belongs with Buffy and C/A has no chemistry. I mostly laugh and shake my head, but it still baffles me why they feel the need to say anything.
I think it's because new people are coming into the fandom every day. I mean a place like Buffy Confessions shows that the ship wars are alive and well. I still have to spend time telling people to quit the hate and just show some love for whatever they ship. Nobody cares, nobody is right, Whedon screwed everyone so there.

And I've stuck my toe in other fandoms and the same old ship wars rear their ugly head. In Glee fandom is Finchels vs Faberries vs Quick vs whatever Quinn/Finn shippers call themselves. Klaine vs Sam/Kurt vs Sam/Mercedes. It gets vicious.

Doctor Who gets really crazy with it. Nine/Rose, Ten/Rose, Ten/Martha, Ten/Donna, Eleven/Rose, Eleven/River, Eleven/Amy, Ten/Amy, Doctor/Master, etc etc.

Gossip Girl is the same thing. Supernatural too.

Maybe it's just that age or being passionate. I wish I had some idea. It's like here is the new boss, same as the old boss.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #38
Elisha
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
I think it's because new people are coming into the fandom every day. I mean a place like Buffy Confessions shows that the ship wars are alive and well. I still have to spend time telling people to quit the hate and just show some love for whatever they ship. Nobody cares, nobody is right, Whedon screwed everyone so there.
Seriously, people are still fighting over a show that’s had its screw you all ending?....Hmm…unless people are holding out for some sort of music swelling happily ever after in the gawd awful comic book adaption, I’m pretty sure ME killed any healthy relationship the series had…hell they even f***ed up the unhealthy ones...

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote