Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2004, 01:00 PM   #31
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Well that's a rather bitter anti-pheobe recap. I'd have to say that the show doesn't center only around Alyssa Milano, in fact most of this last season has been all about Chris/Wyatt and Piper/Leo. Maybe they didn't have as much screen time but they were the driving force behind the season long storyarc. Piper/HMC also had to cut down on screen time b/c she was pregnant in real life.

Chris is also Piper and Leo's kid, as far as I know, it wasn't an immaculate conception but it wasn't really shown that they did anything. You knew they were on the run together while Chris was fading away (ala Back to the Future) and then poof Chris is back and so is Leo/Piper so the assumption is made that whatever they were doing while they were together resulted in Chris.

I do agree on the sheer amount of Pheobe's love interests. She has never been without an boyfriend. At the same time, Piper/Leo are the relationship mainstay on the show and Paige has had her own share of boyfriends. In fact the only character that didn't have an active love life was Prue (after Andy? died).
Old 08-14-2004, 01:34 PM   #32
September

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne
So it's true, huh? Chrissy's confirmed it and everything?

*sigh*

I guess I'll be watching a few episodes of "Charmed" this season. I hope we continue to keep this thread going until then, because I know I'll totally forget about it if we don't. That show is so far off of my radar that I couldn't even tell you what night it's on.
I feel your pain. The agony when actors you like are on shows you don't enjoy. Not that I hate Charmed, it's more that I never could get into the show.

But having endured Tarzan for a chance to see Lucy Lawless and Mitch Pileggi, at least I know this will be relatively painless compared to that. And Charmed struck me as a show that at least had a lot of fun with its own silliness which goes a long way with me towards redeeming it.

livejournally thingy
September is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:46 PM   #33
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Well, I've never watched a single episode of Charmed -- and if you want to talk about irrational prejudices, it was that soulless, clueless "rendition" of "How Soon Is Now?" that made me change the channel during the freakin' opening credits the one time I even tried -- but if CC's there, it's all good. I'll watch whether I know or care what else is going on.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:36 PM   #34
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I actually like the theme song. I like the singer's voice and the song itself is pretty cool.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:40 PM   #35
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I actually like the theme song.
I liked it when the Smiths did it.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:57 PM   #36
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Heh. That's the way of every Smith song remade, ain't it?

Don't mess with perfection, sez I.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 03:14 PM   #37
Kate

I haven't watch Charmed since Shannen Doherty left, but I will tune in for CC.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 03:25 PM   #38
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Who?
Old 08-14-2004, 03:26 PM   #39
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
Heh. That's the way of every Smith song remade, ain't it?
Personally, I'd like to start a "Stay 10,000 Maniacs The Hell Away From Other People's Classic Tunes" movement. First the Smiths, then Roxy Music. The horror. The horror....

To approximate on-topicness...Chrissy's post seems to indicate that CC is scheduled for two episodes. I'm willing to bet that they'll have the option for more if her character goes over well.

And I wonder what the WB's role, if any, in getting CC back on the network might have been.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:34 PM   #40
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Personally, I'd like to start a "Stay 10,000 Maniacs The Hell Away From Other People's Classic Tunes" movement. First the Smiths, then Roxy Music. The horror. The horror....
Oh lawd...YES.

Quote:
And I wonder what the WB's role, if any, in getting CC back on the network might have been.
See. I was gonna mention that but I realized I sounded well, snarky and meeeeaaaaaaaaaaan. And I'm trying to be a kinder and gentler Prima these days.

I'm not even pulling the whiskers off kittens for fun and profit anymore.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Old 08-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #41
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
See. I was gonna mention that but I realized I sounded well, snarky and meeeeaaaaaaaaaaan. And I'm trying to be a kinder and gentler Prima these days.
Oh hell, snarky and mean is my best look. I just go with it.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:01 PM   #42
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Oh hell, snarky and mean is my best look. I just go with it.
Hee. Have you ever seen me be successful at it for very long?

Old 08-14-2004, 04:12 PM   #43
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
I didn't watch Charmed at all last year because I got peeved at the Leo/Piper estrangement and nothing I heard from my friend when I asked about stuff made me want to tune in really...

But if CC is going to be showing up, I guess I'm watching Charmed again, and I do hope she has a lot of scenes with Leo, because I love Leo. And my friend, he's going to be thrilled because he pretty much only watches Charmed for the pretty and he loves Charisma as much as he loves the rest them. LOL.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:21 PM   #44
cordynangel
Hopeless Romantic

I'm so happy CC might be on Charmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by writingpathways
I didn't watch Charmed at all last year because I got peeved at the Leo/Piper estrangement and nothing I heard from my friend when I asked about stuff made me want to tune in really...
I think they were bringing Leo and Piper back together towards the end of the season, unless they are planning on do more damage at the beginning of this season.
cordynangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:50 PM   #45
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Thanks for the great news, justsmile!

I haven't seen an episode since S2 so I guess it's time I began catching up. Looking around at Charmed spoiler sites, it looks like they have details on the episode already. Penny, would it be best to start a new thread for discussing such information or would here (with spoiler font, of course) be fine?
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote