Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #106
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

That was gross, seriously gross but I did love T-Dawg and Shane diving for the rope to save Glenn.

Also I'm not a fan of this baby storyline...just no and they really need to find Sophia soon b/c I'm losing interest. Other than that, Daryl once again had the best lines and NR is just Skanky Sexy
Old 11-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #107
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

It was truly one of the most nausea inducing things they've done, and that's saying a lot for TWD. Glad they stopped Glenn from falling, but that must have been the world's deepest wells.

Daryl is growing on me. I find it oddly touching he knew the backstory of the Cherokee Rose too. And Shane... Well, a more perceptive group of people would have caught on to what he did. He needs to either let it go or confess and leave himself open to other's judgement.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #108
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I thought Andrea was going to catch on during his little speech but the smile at the end made it clear that she didn't pick up on his issues.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #109
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Daryl once again had the best lines and NR is just Skanky Sexy
I am all caught up on the show! I am reading a lot of complaints on-line, but I'm enjoying the season so far. I really like Rick, which I suspect is a factor in whether or not someone is enjoying the show, and even Lori is growing on me. In fact, although they occasionally make some idiotic choices, I quite like all of the characters - I think I'm a lot more forgiving than your average TWOP poster regarding the quality and intelligence of decisions/actions that are likely to be taken by a group of desperate survivors living in a nightmare apocalyptic world. (I see people without those pressures making stupid decisions every day, so...)

Daryl is turning into my favorite though - but I do wonder why he's so much... dirtier (literal filth and grime, not sexy-dirty) than some of the others. I just want to dunk him in a bath or even a lake, and then perhaps I could find him sexy.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #110
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
I am reading a lot of complaints on-line, but I'm enjoying the season so far.
Really? Complaining about what? (If it's just TWoP, then never mind. TWoP complains just to complain.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Daryl is turning into my favorite though - but I do wonder why he's so much... dirtier (literal filth and grime, not sexy-dirty) than some of the others. I just want to dunk him in a bath or even a lake, and then perhaps I could find him sexy.
Nit pick, I find it hard to believe that Rick's uniform isn't tatters by now. Unless the zombie apocalypse comes with outstanding dry cleaning.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #111
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Really? Complaining about what? (If it's just TWoP, then never mind. TWoP complains just to complain.)
Yeah TWOP is pretty bad on this show i have to take a step back b/c it's starting to ruin my enjoyment of the show.

I like TWD, it's one of the few shows that's actually Must See TV for me. Some of the characters annoy me (Lori) but every once in a while she does something that I like.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #112
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

While I respect the idea of being sure of your target, Andrea just learned to fire a gun a couple of days ago, and she grazes Daryl's head from 300 yards? Girl missed her calling. And Daryl appears to be indestructible.

Also, a pox on TWoP.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #113
Childe of Blade

Man, tempers are flying!

Shane is getting more and more insane as time passes. I suspect we may be seeing him shot by next season.
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #114
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Loved it! Great mid-season finale, I figured Sophia was dead or a Walker for a while now but it was still sad to have the fact confirmed. I guess this is what it takes for Rick to emerge as the group's leader.

I really can't stand Dale...he's just so annoying...quick lets hide all the weapons except for mine while there's a barn full of walkers right next door.

I also can't seem to hate Shane, I know people think he's a sociopath/psychopath but I just sit here going dude was right. He was right about Sophia, he was right about killing the walkers. He wanted them to leave, they wouldn't leave, so he took the necessary actions to protect the group.

Besides if Shane was as bad as some people claim he would have dropped Dale on the spot and been justified, Dale had a gun on him...that's self defense
Old 11-28-2011, 01:07 AM   #115
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

What Morrigan said (tm) =)

Also, I am still perplexed as to why Lori is still living.

Very glad it was Rick that shot Sophia. There would have been too much backlash if it had been Shane.

Now I shall wait very impatiently until Feb. 12th =)

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #116
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I said this over at TWOP but I felt it had to be Rick, the whole episode was leading up to an evolution of the character. Rick like Hershel was living in a world of denial, still trying to cling to pre-ZA rules. To me Zombie Sophia was his wake up call the world isn't all rainbow and kittens and beautiful deer.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #117
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I also can't seem to hate Shane, I know people think he's a sociopath/psychopath but I just sit here going dude was right. He was right about Sophia, he was right about killing the walkers. He wanted them to leave, they wouldn't leave, so he took the necessary actions to protect the group.
I know that it turned out that Shane was right about Sophia, but there's still a fundamental difference in leadership style between Shane and Rick, because they didn't know that Sophia was dead until that moment. And the question remains - if another child goes missing, do you abandon the search until you know one way or another, or do you abandon it sooner based on the "odds"?

Which is worse? Rick's way, which had them looking for her to no avail? Or Shane's way, if Rick had been right? If she was still out there, but he called off the search after 48 hours? Which is the moral solution?

I don't think it's an easy question to answer.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #118
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I don't think it's an easy question either which is what I think makes it so interesting.

Do I think they should have abandoned the search right away? No. But what if the search had cost them Daryl's life?

The thing that I keep coming back to is that Rick's motives for continuing the search were as selfish as Shane's motives for abandoning it. Shane wanted to give up because they were wasting resources, time and risking lives.

Conversely, Rick's reasons for continuing the search were (by his own admission) b/c he couldn't deal with the guilt and knowledge that he had failed.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #119
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Took me forever to finally watch this, but I have to agree, it was a great way to enter a break, if we must enter a break.

I do see Rick as being in the middle line between Hershel's plan to ignore it and hope it goes away, and Shane's scorched earth philosophy. Maybe more towards the Hershel end of the spectrum. Still, Shane may have been right, but he's still losing it.

Daryl though, wanting to continue the search for Sophie because he knew what it's like to be left out on your own, no one caring enough to look for you when your missing. Daryl has become a really interesting character, turning that stereotype all kinds of upside-down.

Although it is a shame the actress who played Sophie is out of a job.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #120
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Random bit of info apparently the Zombie Solider in the Tank (S1) was Sam Witwer...Aiden from Being Human (US), Davis/Doomsday from Smellville...for the gamers amongst us that would also be Starkiller from Force Unleashed

Had no clue and still don't see it. They were supposed to build a web series about the fall of Atlanta and his zombiefication but that fell through when Darabont was fired from TWD.