Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #46
Syn
insane clown girl

I'm trying to like Lori....but something keeps stopping me. I just can't. She's going to have to prove to me that she's someone I want to root for, and so far I've been back and forth on that. She seems to me like the type of person who starts fights just to be petty and blows the smallest thing into some huge, imagined insult. I find people like that extremely tiresome.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #47
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
OMG I was yelling at her the entire time. I knew she was going to be the one to pull the trigger on her sister but man she was taking her sweet damn time about it. I just love Andrea, she's so badass.
For a second there, I was sure she was gonna let Amy bite her; survivor's guilt and all, but what she did do was far more Andrea-like. Just another reason why y'all should be glad I don't write TV shows.

Quote:
Now onto Lori, what does everyone think of her? I actually started liking her at the beginning of the episode and ended up disliking her about half way through. I'm not sure if it's the actress or the character...
I have the same problem with Lori that I with Sarah Tancredi, so I'm going with it's the actress.

As for the CDC, can't help but think of the old saying, 'out of the frying pan, into the fire'.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #48
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

What in the world is this all about?
Old 12-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #49
Syn
insane clown girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
What in the world is this all about?
I don't like the sound of that.... This could end up like Heroes. I loved Heroes, but the lack of stability behind the scenes lead to some less-than-stellar plotlines that kind of went nowhere. You need a good foundation for a show or you're going to end up with a dumpster fire in progress....
Old 12-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #50
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good at all
Old 12-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #51
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

An argument for it being a good idea.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #52
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

If Darabont was going to write all the episodes himself or even split the episodes with Kirkman I wouldn't be too concerned it's the whole freelance writers thing that bothers me.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #53
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
If Darabont was going to write all the episodes himself or even split the episodes with Kirkman I wouldn't be too concerned it's the whole freelance writers thing that bothers me.
Yeah, me too. I don't see how you can build up any chemistry with freelancers like you can with staff writers, and that seems like it'd make things like continuity and consistent characterization that much more difficult.

ETA: According to TV Guide, the report that everyone was fired is premature, so there's that. It's stil under consideration though.

Last edited by SamIAm; 12-03-2010 at 03:46 PM.
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #54
Syn
insane clown girl

So the human race is officially FUBAR'd....good to know. I kind of like that they got that out of the way first thing. No sense in waiting to be rescued by science or the government from here on out. Now our survivors can move on and make their way into the world on their own terms.

I really liked the flashback at the beginning, because I really wanted to see Shane leaving Rick in the hospital. He really did think he was dead....and that made me want to forgive him. So I did. I decided that I liked Shane after all.

Yeah, that lasted about ten minutes.

When he decided to get all drunk and rapey with Lori, I was not happy. He's just made my enemies list. I'm still not sure if I like Lori or not, but he had no right to put his hands on her like that and I would have done a lot more than scratch his face up.

Still....I think Lori has feelings for Shane. The look on her face when he started shooting up the computers kind of said it all. I don't think what's between them is over. And I'm pretty sure the CDC guy saw the two of them on the monitors. I think that's what he whispered in Rick's ear before they left.

Drama!!!

Andrea and Dale's relationship is coming along nicely....though I still kind of like the idea of her with Rick. But I'm not married to the idea. I've come to really, really like Daryl; it's kind of hard not to. He's a such a straightforward kind of guy, and I appreciate that. Glenn was adorable with a hangover. I want more of Glenn being his awesome, strategic and sarcastic self.

Oh, this show. Only six episodes and I'm addicted already. Is it next October yet?
Old 12-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #55
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Walking Dead finale scores 6 Million in viewers and 3.0 in the 18-49A demo. This thing is doing outstanding in the ratings. Watching finale now, while chime in with thoughts later.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...ory-books.html

Great finale, still liking Shane and loved the flashback to see how much he went through. I also felt bad for him in that Lori/Shane scene but all that being said he was totally fraking wrong and if Lori or Rick decide to beat the crap out of him I'd totally support them.

I don't like Lori but I really did feel for her doing the rape-y scene. The actress managed to convey real fear which is probably the most I've seen out of her on the show.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure the CDC guy saw the two of them on the monitors. I think that's what he whispered in Rick's ear before they left.
I'm betting it was something about the blood results, like someone is infected but not showing and we'll find out next season.

I love Darryl, he's just awesome, even his racism seems to be dying down. He doesn't hate Dogg or Glenn but he's just so ignorant that he makes these dumbass racist remarks. Granted I'm waiting for the first official Glenn/Darryl slash-fic because you just know those two are OTP

Quote:
Andrea and Dale's relationship is coming along nicely....though I still kind of like the idea of her with Rick. But I'm not married to the idea. I've come to really, really like Daryl; it's kind of hard not to. He's a such a straightforward kind of guy, and I appreciate that. Glenn was adorable with a hangover. I want more of Glenn being his awesome, strategic and sarcastic self.
They have a great relationship but I don't get a romantic vibe off of them...then again I'm still holding out for Rick/Andrea.

Last edited by Morrigan; 12-06-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #56
Syn
insane clown girl

Hmmm...I honestly hadn't thought about what the blood test results might have shown. The reason I thought the CDC guy was telling Rick that is because read a spoiler somewhere>> that said that a "little birdie" whispers in Rick's ear at the end, and it had something to do with Lori and Shane's relationship. I just assumed the CDC guy saw them together and decided to give Rick a head's up, for whatever reason.<< Either way, pretty interesting!

Quote:
They have a great relationship but I don't get a romantic vibe off of them...then again I'm still holding out for Rick/Andrea.
Ummm....>> apparently they're going there with Andrea/Dale. They're together in the comics (which I haven't read, but will soon!) and from what I've read from interviews with Darabont and Kirkland, they don't plan on changing that. I have mixed feelings, as I too would like her with Rick.<<

I'm having problems because I still want to like Shane, but he's not exactly making it easy to do so. He's a good guy who is slowly going bad, and when he really goes bad, I think it's going to be EPIC.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #57
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I'm avoiding all spoilers so i didn't read anything you just wrote But I do thank you for using the spoiler font, much appreciated.

Last edited by Morrigan; 12-06-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #58
Dathan
Buttkicking for goodness

Ok, so I'm going to delurk again.

The show is incredible. I can't believe how pleasantly surprised I am. I think they're doing a good balancing act between human drama and zombie horror. My only hope is they can keep it up next season. Now the next step is the blu-ray and hopefully lots of great special features. ---->My assumption is the whisper was Lori is pregnant...via the blood test results<-----

RIP Gary Gygax, 1938-2008
RIP Michael Turner, 1971-2008
RIP Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
--This year sucks
Dathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #59
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

It's already been renewed, so it's not monumental news, but the finale drew the best ratings for the series ever, including the pilot.

I haven't seen it yet, what with needing to watch the Pats administer a very-much needed beatdown of the Jets. Sounds like it was a good one though.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #60
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

The new TV Guide has a little Q&A with Gale Anne Hurd that talks about some of the events of the past season. I don't see them as really spoilerish, but just in case:
---> -- None of the writers know what Jenner said to Rick before they left CDC.
-- Merle will be back in some capacity.
-- Rick will find out about Lori and Shane "in due course", and it will not be a good day to be Shane.
-- There were other things, but these were the biggies.
-- Nothing about that helicopter though.
<---