Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #256
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Melange View Post
Spoilers: Carol in the comics was needier and did not adapt well to the apocalypse. Although she did last about the same amount of time as in the t.v. series, she committed suicide by zombie.
I probably would have been happy with that if she was as needy as you say. So anything can happen now I guess.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #257
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Rick was never one of my favorite characters I think he is a horrible leader right now I hate him for what he did to Carol I hope she comes back later as the leader of the new group and kicks his ass.

Personally I think the whole storyline is dumb. Carol would have known that killing them would not stop the virus spreading. I also don't buy that a cold/calculating Carol wouldn't be smart enough to say she found them dead and only stopped them turning and burmed the bodies to try and stop the sickness from spreading.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #258
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Rick was never one of my favorite characters I think he is a horrible leader right now I hate him for what he did to Carol I hope she comes back later as the leader of the new group and kicks his ass.
I gather Belle Melange is right and this is step one to setting up the Daryl/Carol led TWD spin-off, so maybe she will have her own group.

I thought it refreshing that Carol owned what she did. Though I also think the part with her dragging people down hallways and leaving infected blood stains everywhere was pretty dumb. Not to mention unhygienic. That's no way to stop the Black Plague.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #259
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Apparently people think this storyline was done to kill Daryl/Carol and set up Daryl/Michonne.

I don't agree with what Carol did mostly because I don't think she'd actually be stupid enough to do it. I'm pretty sure that Carol is capable of murdering someone to protect the group...if she had been in Andrea's shoes The Governor would have been dead. I just can'tget behind the, I killed them because they were a threat.

For whatever reason the writers have locked onto this story, I just hope it goes better than Andrea's story and that they aren't doing this to kill Carol off.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #260
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Apparently people think this storyline was done to kill Daryl/Carol and set up Daryl/Michonne.
Sounds like bitter shipper theory 101. I really doubt the writers would take such a major step to kill a not-even-there romance in order to start a new one. If they did, then I'm very disappointed in their ability to handle story obstacles.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #261
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

So much for my Carol returns theory.

Excellent episode Sunday; lots of nice claustrophobic horror. I'd hoped we were saving the Rick-Daryl meeting for a separate episode of its own, so well done there, TWD. And here's hoping that's as close as we ever get to losing Glenn.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #262
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Excellent episode Sunday; lots of nice claustrophobic horror.
I was mostly meh about this one. I'm not a fan of, what I feel is, director contrived suspense and this episode was full of it. So I fast forwarded alot.

I'm beginning to think that the fan theory that Carol is only covering up for Lizzie might have some merit. Little Lizzie Borden...er...Lizzie is a full on creepster for sure. That toe swirling in the blood and the way she feels about zombies makes me think she's fully capable of offing those two. Carol finds out or Lizzie tells her what she did, and Carol covers it up with burning the bodies to protect her. At least I'm hoping that's what really happened.

I cannot wait for Rick to tell Daryl!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #263
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I was mostly meh about this one. I'm not a fan of, what I feel is, director contrived suspense and this episode was full of it. So I fast forwarded alot.
Yeah, apparently a not uncommon position regarding this episode. I dunno; I like it when we're reminded that this is a show where zombies are supposed to be the bad guys after spending as much time as we do on living people being such shits to one another.

Quote:
I'm beginning to think that the fan theory that Carol is only covering up for Lizzie might have some merit. Little Lizzie Borden...er...Lizzie is a full on creepster for sure. That toe swirling in the blood and the way she feels about zombies makes me think she's fully capable of offing those two. Carol finds out or Lizzie tells her what she did, and Carol covers it up with burning the bodies to protect her. At least I'm hoping that's what really happened.
I have enough trouble believing Carol was strong enough to drag two dead bodies out to the courtyard to burn them. I can't believe Lizzie did it. Now, Carl covering for Daryl, maybe. But then, I also think Daryl would own it if he did it.

Quote:
I cannot wait for Rick to tell Daryl!
It should be interesting no matter how it goes.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #264
DamnSkippy

Quote:
I have enough trouble believing Carol was strong enough to drag two dead bodies out to the courtyard to burn them. I can't believe Lizzie did it.
I don't think Lizzie did the dragging and burning. I doubt she would have thought about that. That would have been Carol's idea to try to hide what Lizzie had done. But it's all just hopeful theory.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #265
DamnSkippy

I'm not sure what I think about the Gov eppie. I don't believe he's redeemable because he "snapped" and shot those people. That may have been why he mowed them down, but he was diabolically plotting to destroy the prison group for weeks or months, had a torture chamber, killed Milton and, thereby, killed Andrea and who knows what other crap he did before we first saw him. This guy, IMO, is mostly evil so I think all this trying to help stuff won't last a long time. If it does, I'm not going to be happy. Why bring him back if he's just going to be another Rick?

I'm fairly pissed it was an entire eppie about the Gov. I WANT TO SEE RICK TELL DARYL ABOUT CAROL DAMMIT!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #266
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Why bring him back if he's just going to be another Rick?
If Michonne doesn't get to kill him in the fullness of time, the whole thing will be a waste.

Quote:
I'm fairly pissed it was an entire eppie about the Gov.
I am ambivalent, but willing to see where they go with this. That said...

Quote:
I WANT TO SEE RICK TELL DARYL ABOUT CAROL DAMMIT!
... me too.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #267
DamnSkippy

Well...another week with no Rick/Daryl talk. And now it looks like an attack will happen and there'll be no time for it. Seems to me it's a way for the writers to avoid that scene and, now, it will probably be avoided for months if it ever happens. I am so disappointed.

Re the ep last night, color me unsurprised that the Gov is still evil as all hell. I wonder who attacked that camp and killed all those people. Perhaps a 3rd group who may help save the prison?
Old 11-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #268
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Well...another week with no Rick/Daryl talk. And now it looks like an attack will happen and there'll be no time for it. Seems to me it's a way for the writers to avoid that scene and, now, it will probably be avoided for months if it ever happens. I am so disappointed.
As soon as I saw it was the mid-season finale (or whatever they call it), I knew we'd not be getting any satisfaction on the Daryl score. In the end, it'll probably end up being like how Willow finally found out what Xander told Buffy she said in "Becoming".

(Didn't we do the 'attack the prison' thing already?)

Quote:
Re the ep last night, color me unsurprised that the Gov is still evil as all hell.
I don't get the whole thing with Martinez, but yeah. it's pretty much human nature to revert to norm under threat. I'm not swayed by the knowledge his father was an abusive freak though. Michonne still needs to decapitate this clown.

Quote:
I wonder who attacked that camp and killed all those people. Perhaps a 3rd group who may help save the prison?
I kept waiting to see the stuff in Brian's possession, but alas. I don't think a group that cold-hearted is interested in helping to save the prison unless it's step one in taking the prison for themselves.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #269
DamnSkippy

Quote:
In the end, it'll probably end up being like how Willow finally found out what Xander told Buffy she said in "Becoming".
Well, he's gotta know Carol's missing, so it will more likely be an obvious "tension" between Rick and Daryl and occasional snarky remarks by Daryl whenever Rick makes a decision for all of them without discussing it. So we'll be able to see Daryl's contempt but that's about it.

Quote:
(Didn't we do the 'attack the prison' thing already?)
If you count zombie attacks, several of them. If I were Rick, I'd be tired of having to defend that drab place and just move on down the road. Maybe find a nice Army base or missile silo.

Quote:
I don't get the whole thing with Martinez, but yeah. it's pretty much human nature to revert to norm under threat. I'm not swayed by the knowledge his father was an abusive freak though. Michonne still needs to decapitate this clown.
I think Martinez was a loose lip kind of situation. He doesn't want anyone to know what he did, especially his new "family." But I'm praying when they do their confrontation at the prison, that Rick or someone will mention his past in front of his new crew.

Quote:
I kept waiting to see the stuff in Brian's possession, but alas. I don't think a group that cold-hearted is interested in helping to save the prison unless it's step one in taking the prison for themselves.
I can see the prison clan making a deal with a new group to guarantee a victory against the Gov not knowing that they're as bad or worse than the Gov. But do we know if that camp was defenseless? Did they bring that up? Just wondering if it could have been a fair fight kinda thing and they just lost so with the victor goes the spoils.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #270
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
If you count zombie attacks, several of them.
No, I thought the Governor and his merry band of psychopaths had stormed the gates before. Maybe not an all-out attack?

Quote:
If I were Rick, I'd be tired of having to defend that drab place and just move on down the road. Maybe find a nice Army base or missile silo.
Well, if the show were interested in showing the process, having the prison as the base for a return of "civilization" would be a workable plan. You'd have to secure it of course, and get to work making it sustainable. Then recruit more "citizens" and expand in population and area, gradually creating more and larger walled off zombie-free zones. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Clearly that is not the story TWD wants to tell though.

Quote:
I think Martinez was a loose lip kind of situation. He doesn't want anyone to know what he did, especially his new "family."
What was "I don't want it! I don't want it!" about though? He doesn't want leadership, then he does because he saw some zombies trapped in whatever they were trapped in?

Quote:
But do we know if that camp was defenseless? Did they bring that up? Just wondering if it could have been a fair fight kinda thing and they just lost so with the victor goes the spoils.
Not really. They had some barbed wire surrounding the camp, but that was all I saw. Not even any weapons, though I can't see how they would have survived long without them. They looked like they'd been abused to me; lots of cut throats and all.