Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #241
DamnSkippy

I agree it wasn't a wow episode because it seems to be the setup for everything that's going to happen. The person feeding rats to the walkers? A disgruntled former Govenor lover maybe? Or is one of the kids thinking they're pets?

I could have done with a lot less of the creepy forest Irish woman. Other than a thematic message, I really saw no point to it.

I'm thinking the illness maybe came from the deer Daryl killed since they kinda anviled that event. So everyone who ate it could be sick I suppose.

I enjoyed the Daryl/Carol scenes but I don't think they're going to be a real couple from things I've read. I suspect there will be more flirting/teasing stuff but not much more.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #242
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I'm thinking the illness maybe came from the deer Daryl killed since they kinda anviled that event. So everyone who ate it could be sick I suppose.
Or from the fact that Daryl licked his fingers before shaking the boy's hand. That squicked me out more than zombies falling from the roof and splatting.

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly

Last edited by Belle Melange; 10-18-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #243
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I liked it well enough. Nothing earth-shattering, but a decent start to the season. The raining zombies effect was cool, but I would have thought a helicopter crashing on the roof would have taken care of the entire building.

Also liked how they put Kyle Gallner in the main cast credits then killed him off in the first episode. NO ONE IS SAFE!

Not sure about this new living zombie thing, but we'll see how it goes.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #244
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
INot sure about this new living zombie thing, but we'll see how it goes.
What do you mean "living zombie thing"? Are you talking about the infection?

Episode 2 was a bit of a disappointment. Not much happened or maybe it's all just happening too slowly for my tastes. I did like the Rick/Carl developments and the hint at Michone's past. And while I like a badass Carol, she's perhaps getting a little creepy? I dunno. Just have to wait and see on that one.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #245
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
What do you mean "living zombie thing"? Are you talking about the infection?
I guess. It's what the new producer was saying about Patrick. Maybe he just meant he still looked alive since he wasn't injured or otherwise outwardly hurt.

Quote:
Episode 2 was a bit of a disappointment. Not much happened or maybe it's all just happening too slowly for my tastes. I did like the Rick/Carl developments and the hint at Michone's past.
I love me some Michonne, so I was good with it on that basis alone. I liked the rest too though. Carl especially has gone from the person I most want to see really truly dead to a character I like.

Quote:
And while I like a badass Carol, she's perhaps getting a little creepy? I dunno. Just have to wait and see on that one.
Bit of PTSD left over from Sophia's death/zombification perhaps?

I assume the guy feeding the zombies is the new dude whose name I can't remember but played D'Angelo Barksdale on The Wire? He's the one who burned the two people who were quarantined, I imagine.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #246
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Ben.

Yeah he's probably the secret bad guy, shame I kind of like him. I thought this episode was better than the first but I had to FF through the piggy scene that was brutal.

Still not sure what's going on with Tyreese but I like Sasha, I also liked the little bit of insight we got into Michonne. The Carol stuff didn't even phase me, I think the show has warped my fragile little mind.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #247
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Damn, Carol.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #248
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Damn, Carol.
See! I told you she was creepy now. I saw it coming, but I wish we knew for sure if they were alive when she killed them or not. I know the producer on Talking Dead said something like we're supposed to think they were alive when she killed them, but I'm hoping that's just to throw us off. Even if she killed them before they died and turned, I get the logic for it. I just haven't decided if that's a valid choice in this fantasy land.

What about Tyrese's hesitancy to get out of the car? I thought he was waiting for a crowd of them to converge so he could just open up a can of whoop ass on 'em to get out all that rage he has. I really didn't see it as a suicide attempt like others seem to think.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #249
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
See! I told you she was creepy now. I saw it coming, but I wish we knew for sure if they were alive when she killed them or not. I know the producer on Talking Dead said something like we're supposed to think they were alive when she killed them, but I'm hoping that's just to throw us off. Even if she killed them before they died and turned, I get the logic for it. I just haven't decided if that's a valid choice in this fantasy land.
I though Gale Anne Hurd was saying the characters assumed Karen and David were alive, not that we or she assumed so. (I personally thought they were already dead.) I find it hard to believe Carol, who is not a big person, could have dragged two living people away then burn them if they weren't already dead. And I appreciate the notion that burning the bodies is the best way to prevent an outbreak, even though it clearly didn't work.

That said, Rick asked her if she killed them and Carol said yes, so I now assume they were alive too, at some point in the process anyway.

Quote:
What about Tyrese's hesitancy to get out of the car? I thought he was waiting for a crowd of them to converge so he could just open up a can of whoop ass on 'em to get out all that rage he has. I really didn't see it as a suicide attempt like others seem to think.
Not suicide exactly, but I don't think he was waiting to even the odds either. I thought it was more like Tyreese having to work himself up to giving a damn again, after all he's gone through. Running theme so far, I think.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #250
DamnSkippy

Gotta say I'm crushed about Carol. I hope it's only temporary. I sure don't want to see her as a walker leaning against the prison fence.

And I'm gonna be more crushed if Daryl's reaction is all meh, whatevs.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:23 AM   #251
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

Quote:
Gotta say I'm crushed about Carol. I hope it's only temporary. I sure don't want to see her as a walker leaning against the prison fence.
I'm wondering if this is a back door pilot for the spin-off. Isn't that supposed to be happening next year?

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

Old 11-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #252
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

As soon as the Rick/Carol roadtrip was announced, I suspected Rick would be coming back alone.

Quote:
I imagine you'll next see her in the company of some dude who was formerly the governor of Woodbury.

Quote:
And I'm gonna be more crushed if Daryl's reaction is all meh, whatevs.
I don't think Daryl is going to flip out about it; he's the practical sort.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #253
DamnSkippy

Quote:
I imagine you'll next see her in the company of some dude who was formerly the governor of Woodbury.
Well, that would suck. Is that something that happens in the comics?

Quote:
I don't think Daryl is going to flip out about it; he's the practical sort.
Yeah, he's practical, but he's pretty devoted to people he feel are family and I think Carol qualifies. So, I would expect some kind of discussion or argument would happen and not just a shrug of his shoulders and acceptance.

That's assuming Rick tells them the truth and not some lie about her dying.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #254
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Dunno; never read the comic. It just seems like it's the kind of thing that would happen. Could be Carol will be a prisoner too. I can't see her wanting to be an associate of the guy.

Quote:
That's assuming Rick tells them the truth and not some lie about her dying.
Well, if Rick tells everyone she's dead, you can be assured she'll show back up with the Governor.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #255
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

Re: Carol in the comics

Quote:
Spoilers: Carol in the comics was needier and did not adapt well to the apocalypse. Although she did last about the same amount of time as in the t.v. series, she committed suicide by zombie.

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10