Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #226
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I liked the first half of the season, I thought the second half fell flat, only 3 good episodes that I can think of. The finale was a total let down, IMO. But I do understand that MMV.

The Gov could have been interesting but I think they flushed him down the cartoon villain toilet...I really have no interest in seeing The Gov or Martinez again.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #227
DamnSkippy

I can't imagine the reason the writers and/or actors will give for their characters not shooting the Gov. It would have made sense had they gotten out of the truck without their weapons and they were just so shocked or scared they didn't think they could get to their guns. But to stand there, 2 of them, with guns in their hands and neither of them take him out was completely bizarro. Neither Martinez or the other guy (Travis?) are the meek, flunky type who would follow the Gov no matter what he does. And I could buy that they are both just as psychopathic as the Gov if they had played off the massacre as something that needed to be done (maybe a few "whoop whoops" or "yeah, yeahs") instead of looking like "Whoa, WTH was that?"

Do you think they're going to say the Gov is Hitler and these guys are his Gestapo who never question or disobey an order? Because I'm still not buying it because the actors didn't play it that way.

ITA about Andrea wasting so much time talking and not getting the pliers. Stupid.

I'm praying the Gov only comes back next season to try another attack and gets blown away immediately.

Anyone else here creeped out by Carl? I understand his pragmatism but it feels like he's crossing into Merl territory.

Why do you think they went back to the prison and didn't take over Woodbury? The only reason I can think of is that maybe they don't have enough people to guard all the gates. I can't imagine they think of the prison as their home.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #228
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I understood Carl's reasoning although it's rather scary/sad to hear it coming from a kid. However, I really don't buy that as his reason at the time. I think he was still pissed at being left behind and wanting to prove that he was a man. I also wounder how much of it was Carl wanting to fight and how much was him wanting to kill. If they wanted to they could go really dark/disturbing with Carl.

As for Andrea and the pliers it bothered me but I figured (at the time) that it was just a ploy to ratchet up the tension. When they actually liked her off it became a major annoyance because then it was just a stupid way to kill the character.

Last edited by Morrigan; 04-02-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #229
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Honestly, I see Carl's point. The kid was told to put the gun down, and he didn't and he didn't and he didn't... I know Hershel disagreed, but I thought they were going to have the kid pull the gun back up too. And as for, 'he was only a kid', so is Carl. Him tossing the badge on the ground may be Carl signalling the end of his filial responsibilities to Rick.

There was an excellent question of whether or not that scene and the follow up with Rick demonstrated Shane had more of an affect on Carl than did Rick on The Talking Dead. No one mentioned the lack of bullets in the Governor though.

I can't see them going to Nazi territory, but maybe the Gov becomes Bin Laden? I gather from the graphic novel wiki we're in unknown territory here, as Lisa (the woman who lived through Governor's tantrum) ended up killing the Governor before Rick's group found them. Whatever they do with Phillip from here on out is all TV series stuff. <---

The producer said they came back to the prison because it was more easily defended from people than Woodbury was. He cited the two incursions by Rick's group as evidence. I can see that. Before I read it though, I thought it possible the Woodburians who stayed in Woodbury wanted to do things their way and the folks who came back with Rick was just those who disagreed with that.

Maybe with more prison people, they can secure that back wall and get rid of the walkers the Governor let in. Repairing that Hummvee and getting it working would be a good idea too.

And, other than the finale, I was pretty happy with the whole season. If only they'd stopped at 15 episodes.

Last edited by SamIAm; 04-02-2013 at 06:54 PM.
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #230
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Another thing to add to my dislike list. Tyresse, Sasha and freaking Beth were made series regulars for S4. Melissa McBride and Scott Wilson were not upgraded. If Hershel or Carol get killed off, I'm out.

http://tvline.com/2013/04/03/the-wal...ries-regulars/

ETA: Melissa McBride tweeted that she is a series regular but I've never seen an announcement form S2 or S3 about that and I have no idea why neither she nor Scott Wilson are in the main credits but only show up as "also staring"

Last edited by Morrigan; 04-04-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #231
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Another thing to add to my dislike list. Tyresse, Sasha and freaking Beth were made series regulars for S4. Melissa McBride and Scott Wilson were not upgraded. If Hershel or Carol get killed off, I'm out.

http://tvline.com/2013/04/03/the-wal...ries-regulars/
Sarah Wayne Callies in the main credits didn't keep Lori alive.

Quote:
ETA: Melissa McBride tweeted that she is a series regular but I've never seen an announcement form S2 or S3 about that and I have no idea why neither she nor Scott Wilson are in the main credits but only show up as "also staring"
How/why/where/order of appearance in the credits is all a matter of contract details. Usually it doesn't mean much except an ego massage for the actor.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #232
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Sarah Wayne Callies in the main credits didn't keep Lori alive.
Never said it would, my issues/concerns are more along the lines of the show promoting new people over Melissa McBride (yes, I know he says she's a series regular and there's legalese involved).

Back on point...it makes me concerned that TPTB don't knows what to do with the character, or worse don't really like the character. Given that Carol has already been on the chopping block twice (Hershel too) I worry that the EPs are just wasting the characters until they figure out a ways to kill them off.

Last edited by Morrigan; 04-04-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #233
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

If you need a Norman Reedus fix, he's in this movie. Not sure where it's going to play though.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #234
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

TWD's season premiere is Sunday, October 13, according to Ausiello @ ComiCon. Season will be split into two eight episode chunks. I know there was disappointment about how the last season ended, but I still am looking forward to the return.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #235
DamnSkippy

I can't wait! The finale was not what I expected, but now I'm looking forward to where they might go with it. So hells yeah! Bring it on!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #236
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Many, many, many new promo pictures at this link. Daryl/Carolers shouldn't get too excited though. According to the new guy, that's just two buddies being buds.

Also, for the record, I miss Andrea.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #237
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

If they kill Carol, I'm out.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #238
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
If they kill Carol, I'm out.
They would never. Everyone would walk.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #239
DamnSkippy

It's back this Sunday! I'm starving for it (spoiler)--(although more of the prison sounds a bit dull to me, but not enough to quit watching).--
Old 10-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #240
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

This was an OK episode, nothing great. I'm curious about this mystery eye bleeding illness and all the Daryl, Carol and Daryl/Carol scenes.

I thought the Beth stuff was interesting, I feel bad for her she's really cut herself off from feeling.