Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #211
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I watch TTD and they said something last week that had me scratching my head. Is it only a bite that will cause you to turn into a walker (other than dying)? Scratching won't do it?
Well, I remember Glenn searching Maggie for scratches when they first took over the prison. Maybe in the comics they make that distinction. Or perhaps Milton has discovered that in his experiments.

I really like TTD. There's always some extra nugget of info that sometimes you just don't get on the show. For instance, when Laurie Holden (Andrea) was on the show she talked about dialogue that was cut between her and Daryl (and maybe Hershel?) that put her decision to leave with The Governor in a bit more context.

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #212
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Yeah, she said there was a Daryl/Andrea scene and more to the Andrea/Hershel scene that put Andrea's decision to go back with The Gov in perspective.

They haven't really given any indication that you can turn from a scratch. It's been mentioned but they don't seem to stick to it. I wonder if its because it's live action? Probably hard to coordinate the action sequences if you have to avoid bites and scratches.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #213
DamnSkippy

Re scratching, I didn't know if it had been established in canon that only a bite would do it. I had the impression for whatever reason (dialogue or action), that being scratched was deadly, too. But I guess it was just my assumption.

I really wanted to see WTH was happening to Andrea this week. I kinda don't like switching from the prison one week to Woodbury the next with no "Meanwhile, at..." scenes in the same show. Don't they know we have needs??!!
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #214
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Re scratching, I didn't know if it had been established in canon that only a bite would do it. I had the impression for whatever reason (dialogue or action), that being scratched was deadly, too. But I guess it was just my assumption.
I remember from the first season they used to dress up in hazmat-like dress to go out and kill'em some walkers. Now they don't even shower after wading through a mass of them in hand-to-hand combat. I guess it all went away when they found out everyone was infected.

Quote:
I really wanted to see WTH was happening to Andrea this week. I kinda don't like switching from the prison one week to Woodbury the next with no "Meanwhile, at..." scenes in the same show. Don't they know we have needs??!!
I didn't even miss what else wasn't going on because I was so riveted to the whole Merle/Michonne dynamic. Seriously, they made up for underusing Danai Gurira all season in this episode. The way she crawled up in Merle's head, already loosened by Carole's casual 'maybe you're a late bloomer too' comment, and played him like a cheap harmonica was awesome. Methinks Michonne knows some stuff about being the bad guy in a group, you know?

I even forgive Daryl's lightning speed in catching up to Michonne despite his being on foot and Michonne having been in a car, only to be the next in line to have to kill a friend or family member. (I fear for Glenn and Maggie's future.) Norman Reedus can work it too.

And though I'm glad to see him go, Micheal Rooker almost made me sorry Merle's dead. Almost. Excellent episode. And next week, Andrea learns why you kill the bad guy when you have a chance to.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #215
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I thought this was a good, exciting episode and Norman Reedus killed it at the end.

However, I had two major issues with the episode. The first is that they telegraphed Merle's death a mile away. I knew from the Rick/Merle conversation in the jail cell that Merle was toast. I also knew how it was going to end, they were setting him up for a redemption storyline that would ultimately end up with Daryl having to kill Zombie Merle.

Rick/Merle, Carol/Merle, Daryl/Glenn and then finally Merle/Daryl conversations all pointed to one very specific ending, IMO.

The other issue, which didn't occur to me while watching but, has grown on me the more I've thought/talked about the episode. There was actually no need for Merle to die, in this episode. More importantly there was no need for Merle to die and The Gov to live.

When I look back it's like someone walked into the writer's room and said, OK this is the episode where Merle gets redeemed then dies....Go!

All that being said, I did enjoy the episode, Michael Rooker was fantastic as always and Norman Reedus was amazing in all his scenes with Merle, especially the final scene.

ETA: I agree with Skippy, I didn't like the fact that they didn't address the Andrea situation at all. It kind of killed the suspense of the previous episode's ending.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #216
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Well, I mean, who didn't know Merle was a dead man walking since his initial reappearance? That's just how these things work.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #217
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Well, I mean, who didn't know Merle was a dead man walking since his initial reappearance? That's just how these things work.
I didn't expect that he'd die from his initial appearance. I did expect that he'd die or leave the group/Daryl behind after the Glenn/Maggie kidnapping. However, even if I figured he'd die eventually (and lets face it, Rick is probably the only truly safe character on the show). That doesn't mean they have to telegraph the death the way they did. My head still hurts from all the anvils

If Hershel dies next week that would be another one that was telegraphed in this episode...although my money is actually on the Red Shirt...I mean Beth to bite it next week.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #218
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I didn't expect that he'd die from his initial appearance. I did expect that he'd die or leave the group/Daryl behind after the Glenn/Maggie kidnapping. However, even if I figured he'd die eventually (and lets face it, Rick is probably the only truly safe character on the show). That doesn't mean they have to telegraph the death the way they did. My head still hurts from all the anvils

If Hershel dies next week that would be another one that was telegraphed in this episode...although my money is actually on the Red Shirt...I mean Beth to bite it next week.
I've read that due to fandom threats, they'd kill off Rick before Daryl. I guess that'd mean Daryl will be the last man standing.

I dunno; I never thought Merle would last past the season, and I expected he'd go out in some blaze of glory, and I really liked the Michonne of it all. I didn't consider Daryl's role, but it made sense. (I expect Milton will go out in much the same way, probably without the zombiefying. He wasn't that bad.)

And yeah, Beth, Hershel, the whining guy from Tyrese's party, probably Daryl's in-town buddy along with Milton. I just can't figure out who gets to kill the Governor. After all, so many people have a valid claim to the honor. Or maybe he's so bad, he doesn't die.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #219
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

You know I can totally believe the thing about death threats...every female I know says the same thing, if Daryl dies they're done. I'll probably join them unless it's the planned final season. I stuck through Dee and Gaeta's deaths on BSG only because I knew it was ending.

I heard on TWOP that Laurie Holden received death threats after Andrea accidentally Shot Daryl in S2.

I'd be very disappointed if The Gov lives past this season. As for who gets to kill him, I think I'd be satisfied with Andrea, Michonne or Milton ganking him. I think Daryl should get Martinez.

I think Hershel or Beth (both?) might die in the finale. Not sure about Judith, I don't want a baby to die but I have no idea how they can keep that storyline up.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #220
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
You know I can totally believe the thing about death threats...every female I know says the same thing, if Daryl dies they're done. I'll probably join them unless it's the planned final season. I stuck through Dee and Gaeta's deaths on BSG only because I knew it was ending.

I heard on TWOP that Laurie Holden received death threats after Andrea accidentally Shot Daryl in S2.
Fandoms go nuts sometimes. That's way way beyond crossing a line.

Quote:
I'd be very disappointed if The Gov lives past this season. As for who gets to kill him, I think I'd be satisfied with Andrea, Michonne or Milton ganking him.
I tried to find out if the Governor survives for long in the graphic novels, but I started running into spoilers for the TV show, so I quit. Most likely he's a goner, but there'd be some justice in leaving the town to his tender mercies too.

Quote:
I think Daryl should get Martinez.
I liked him, but his fate was sealed when he got all gung-ho about rounding up biters to use against Rick and company.

Quote:
I think Hershel or Beth (both?) might die in the finale. Not sure about Judith, I don't want a baby to die but I have no idea how they can keep that storyline up.
Oh, right, forgot about Judith. I guess her becoming a baby zombie would take care of the problem of what to do with her if Beth dies.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #221
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I'm sad, I didn't like the way that episode went down.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #222
DamnSkippy

Yeah, I'm a bit sad and pissed, too.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #223
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

That episode was not at all satisfying. Also, we have to deal with that crazy for another season?

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #224
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Melange View Post
That episode was not at all satisfying. Also, we have to deal with that crazy for another season?
I hope not! The whole episode made so little sense. No one draws down on the gov while he's, shooting the others? Andrea/Milton spend hours chatting instead of trying to escape the cuffs and she's actually free but can't stop Milton from biting her. Which doesn't make that Much sense because she was killing walkers with no issue 3 episodes back. Not to mention that Daryl was pretty much shoving walker Merle around last week.

Finally the freaking gov just drives off into the sunset.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #225
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

What an anticlimactic end to an otherwise excellent season. There were some things to like in this episode, but they were way overshadowed by the stupidity of no one shooting the Governor and Andrea stopping her escape attempts to wax poetic with a dying Milton, much as I did appreciate hearing her reasons for what she'd done. (But I didn't need to hear it twice, so...)

And yes, David Morrissey is signed up for the next season.