Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 04:41 AM   #181
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
That and I'm kinda disappointed in her. I didn't think she was petty. I thought she was uber savvy about the governor and hurt, yes, that Andrea chose to stay. But I never thought she wanted to hurt Andrea with the revenge. I always thought her goal was to get the governor or, at least, show everyone including Andrea what a lying fraud he was. I'm kinda sad she's just human.
Just human? Did you see how she was doing those push-ups?

I can see her point. Michonne hung around to take care of her when it would have been a lot safer to to walk away and leave Andrea to her fate. I don't think Michonne is being unreasonable about the situation.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #182
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
I can see her point. Michonne hung around to take care of her when it would have been a lot safer to to walk away and leave Andrea to her fate. I don't think Michonne is being unreasonable about the situation.
Oh, I don't think she's unreasonable at all. I would have been all over hurting Andrea for what she did. But I didn't think Michonne was doing it for the purpose of making sure Andrea got hurt. Like I said, I thought her intention was just to get back at the gov and make Andrea see the light. Saying she wanted Andrea to hurt seemed like a petty reason coming from her mouth.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #183
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Oh, I don't think she's unreasonable at all. I would have been all over hurting Andrea for what she did. But I didn't think Michonne was doing it for the purpose of making sure Andrea got hurt. Like I said, I thought her intention was just to get back at the gov and make Andrea see the light. Saying she wanted Andrea to hurt seemed like a petty reason coming from her mouth.
Oh, I get it now. Well, tbh, I always thought Michonne wanted to be more than just fellow zombie apocalypse survivors with Andrea. So, I guess maybe the thing that makes her human is jealousy?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #184
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Oh, I get it now. Well, tbh, I always thought Michonne wanted to be more than just fellow zombie apocalypse survivors with Andrea. So, I guess maybe the thing that makes her human is jealousy?
It certainly put a new light on their relationship. So, yes, I agree that after her statement it seems she was in it for a lot more than I thought.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #185
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
It certainly put a new light on their relationship. So, yes, I agree that after her statement it seems she was in it for a lot more than I thought.
"I used to talk to my dead boyfriend."

So maybe it isn't that. But Michonne acted more human in the last (great) episode than Rick has been lately, so maybe she's just loosening up? I hope not, 'cause that's when death usually strikes.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #186
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

So out of curiosity do people here hate Andrea too? I can't be the only person that does not view here as more horrible than Merle, right? (TWOP and even some people on my FB view her as the most horrible person even...which I don't get).

This was the best example of Michonne we've been given, we had brief hints, right before the winter break (before she realized zombie penny was in fact a zombie) and then in last week's episode with her talk with Andrea.

Michonne is growing on me, Rick..not so much. All I can gather is Team Prison Gang...rode the short bus into the apocalypse. Morgan (on his own) built a safe zone filled with human and walker traps. Psycho Governor has built a town with electricity, entertainment and BBQs.

The Prison peeps haven't even managed to fully secure the Prison and spent 8 months not preparing for Lil Asskicker's arrival.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #187
DamnSkippy

I don't hate Andrea. I think she maybe wants to be in love a little too much. Or maybe she equates a man's love with safety. I don't blame her for wanting to stay in Mayberry (or whatever it's called), because who the hell wouldn't? I only wish she had given Michonne's bad vibes more credance and not hooked up with the governor. The fact that she couldn't kill him doesn't make her a bad person IMO. She's still blind (apparently) to his true evil.

As for the prison gang, ITA. They really should be doing something more proactive to protect themselves. It seems all they do is look outside the gate at walkers. I get that they need to scavenge for supplies, but what happened to making a garden? They seem to be helpless without crazy Rick but even when Rick wasn't as crazy they still didn't seem to accomplish much.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #188
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
She's still blind (apparently) to his true evil.
Do you think she's still blind because she didn't kill him or based on something else? I thought she realized he was evil but either couldn't do it or chose not to because she believes they can come to a peaceful resolution.

Personally I think she's naive and I wonder if this is her Sophia? I always felt that Rick was too naive last season and it took Zombie Sophia to wake him up to reality.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #189
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

First, nothing is more horrible than Merle. A roving pack of unrekillable walkers is better than Merle.

I don't hate Andrea. I think her own particular brand of despair is causing her to make some pretty bad decisions, like trusting a guy who she knows is a killer. I am kind of sorry she didn't cut the governor's throat, but cold-blooded murder, even of a creep, isn't easy either. She's someone coping better than Morgan, not as well as Michonne.

As for Rick and company, given their small number, I think they're okay. Rick needs to listen to Carl and let someone else take over though.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #190
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Do you think she's still blind because she didn't kill him or based on something else? I thought she realized he was evil but either couldn't do it or chose not to because she believes they can come to a peaceful resolution.

Personally I think she's naive and I wonder if this is her Sophia?
I don't think he is her Sophia. I don't think she's so in lurve that she's denying the truth. IA, part of it is probably that she hopes no one else has to die and a peaceful solution is possible. But my belief that she's still blind to his true evil is just based on her disbelief of what the prison gang told her. At this point, I don't think she knows who to believe. I'm sure she mistrusts the governor, but I don't think she's convinced he was the instigator of the all the mess either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm
As for Rick and company, given their small number, I think they're okay.
Even given their small numbers, I think they should be doing something other than scavenging to improve their lifes or at least build up their defenses a la Morgan. If you've ever watched Survivor, I'd be one of those people who'd tell all the young, care-free loafers who wanted to sit on the beach all day to get off their asses and start building a hut. Of course, I'd be the first one voted off the island, but I'd feel good about it.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #191
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
But my belief that she's still blind to his true evil is just based on her disbelief of what the prison gang told her. At this point, I don't think she knows who to believe. I'm sure she mistrusts the governor, but I don't think she's convinced he was the instigator of the all the mess either.
That's a good point, she might have been willing to do what Carol said b/c she believed they felt it was the only way but not because she's convinced Phillip is a monster. Hopefully, the Woodbury plot will move forward this week and we'll see lines drawn. I have a feeling that Andrea's going to be the one to kill The Gov in the end.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #192
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Even given their small numbers, I think they should be doing something other than scavenging to improve their lifes or at least build up their defenses a la Morgan. If you've ever watched Survivor, I'd be one of those people who'd tell all the young, care-free loafers who wanted to sit on the beach all day to get off their asses and start building a hut. Of course, I'd be the first one voted off the island, but I'd feel good about it.
I think that plan falls apart when you've seen the mass zombie swarm the group experienced at the end of season two. Let them tell us Woodbury (or Morgan) survived one of those, and maybe there's hope to reestablish a non-nomadic society. Until then, keeping yourself mobile seems like a good idea.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #193
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
I think that plan falls apart when you've seen the mass zombie swarm the group experienced at the end of season two. Let them tell us Woodbury (or Morgan) survived one of those, and maybe there's hope to reestablish a non-nomadic society. Until then, keeping yourself mobile seems like a good idea.
Problem is the idea from the first episode of S3 was to make the prison their home. They just haven't really done much to secure it, they know there's breaches because walkers are getting in to areas they thought were secure. Not to mention Tyreese just wandering in through the big hole in the wall.

Also, let's face it, in the season opener, living the nomadic life wasn't exactly working either, they were so desperate for food, Carl was happy to eat dog food and Daryl probably ate that owl raw (although for Daryl probably not that big of a deal).

I think the other problem and it's the same from S2, the In Show timeline is very short. This entire season maybe less than a month inside the show. I hope they change that for S4.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #194
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Problem is the idea from the first episode of S3 was to make the prison their home. They just haven't really done much to secure it, they know there's breaches because walkers are getting in to areas they thought were secure. Not to mention Tyreese just wandering in through the big hole in the wall.

Also, let's face it, in the season opener, living the nomadic life wasn't exactly working either, they were so desperate for food, Carl was happy to eat dog food and Daryl probably ate that owl raw (although for Daryl probably not that big of a deal).

I think the other problem and it's the same from S2, the In Show timeline is very short. This entire season maybe less than a month inside the show. I hope they change that for S4.
There you go. Staying in one place is dangerous, moving around is hard. Both choices are bad, but until they find the zombie-free island, it's all they have.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #195
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
There you go. Staying in one place is dangerous, moving around is hard. Both choices are bad, but until they find the zombie-free island, it's all they have.
I think they need to start making a safe haven, especially with a baby in the group, the prison has the potential, problem is they haven't actually done any work to make it secure.

I'll be very disappointed if the show continues to follow this pattern. Run away, oh look safety, let's settle down and do nothing to secure our new home, oh no run away again.

Last edited by Morrigan; 03-08-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote