Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #136
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Yeah, the only place you'll find zombie cows is a Gary Larson cartoon, I expect.

As for Rick, I work under the theory that Shane backing him up on his arrival because of their previous personal and professional relationship, not to mention guilt re: leaving him behind and 'stealing' his wife, gave Rick the leadership position by default. And I'm not sure anyone else would be better. Daryl may be capable, but he's not the type to take on the job; too much of a loner. No one else is even close, in my view at least.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #137
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Was quite saddened by last night's turn of events. Hopefully this turns Rick around and he stops being such an idjit but somehow I doubt it.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #138
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I was more sad about it than I thought. Jon Bernthal did some great stuff, and Carl impressed. Finally. Next week looks like it's going to make the CDC look like Woodstock.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #139
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Man, I thought they were gonna kill Andrea.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #140
Miss Kenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Man, I thought they were gonna kill Andrea.
So did I! I was shitting myself throughout. What a great final shot to end what's been a bit of a hit-and-miss season for me though.
Miss Kenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #141
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I wasn't thrilled with the finale...mostly it was Rick that annoyed the crap out of me.

The last shot of Andrea and our mysterious Cloaked Samurai was pretty awesome. I can't wait to find out more about them...and why they have Zombie pets LOL

If anyone is interested, the finale drew in 9m viewers and a 4.7 in the 18/49 demo...highest ratings yet and pretty much crushed everything else on TV.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #142
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I wasn't thrilled with the finale...mostly it was Rick that annoyed the crap out of me.
Rick done got him some Shane craziness. Gotta say, Rick wore me out in this episode. Someone needed to tell him to shut up and sit down.

Quote:
The last shot of Andrea and our mysterious Cloaked Samurai was pretty awesome. I can't wait to find out more about them...and why they have Zombie pets LOL
Yeah, that was so cool. I know who the zombie pets are in the comic, but that doesn't mean it's who they are on the series. I'm also not clear on the why either, but I guess you have to find your hobbies where you can.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #143
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Rick done got him some Shane craziness. Gotta say, Rick wore me out in this episode. Someone needed to tell him to shut up and sit down.
The irony is that I loved Shane...so you'd think Rick turning into Shane would make me like him more but it just didn't work for me. I really wish Andrea was with the group b/c I don't think she would have taken that crap from Rick.

On the other hand Andrea with group means no Cloak Samurai so I'll take the trade.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #144
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

AMC's going to run a TWD marathon on July 7th and 8th, including a B&W version of the pilot episode. Which should be cool and all.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #145
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

There's a Comic-Con trailer for season three up at AMC's site. Gotta say, I'm really looking forward to not being at the farm, and there's the return of an old friend.

And woe unto you if you're a Dish customer, apparently.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #146
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Oh shit look at Carole being useful...you go girl. Now if only Lori could do something worthwhile. I'm really looking forward to Michonne she looks awesome it's going to be fun to see. Hopefully she helps Andrea become a true badass.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #147
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to Michonne she looks awesome it's going to be fun to see. Hopefully she helps Andrea become a true badass.
There was a clip hanging around a couple of weeks ago featurning Michonne and her badasseryishness. I truly think I have found love.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:12 AM   #148
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

So...I'm still without AMC (stupid Dish Network contract). Anything good happen tonight?

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #149
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Melange View Post
So...I'm still without AMC (stupid Dish Network contract). Anything good happen tonight?
I watched the marathon over the weekend and then the premiere so I'm all caught up.

As for what happened, I'll put it in spoilers just in case.

---->It's about 7 months later depending on how far along Lori was in her pregnancy when we last saw them. The main group (which is every not dead person except for Andrea) apparently has been driving around in circles the whole time trying to avoid large groups of walkers. Carl is a mini badass and has a huge silencer on his gun. At some point Daryl and Rick go out to hunt for food and lo and behold, over the ridge they finally see the prison that they've somehow missed while driving all over the place for 7 months in the same general area. So they go in t0 clean out the main yard which is pretty cool. Carole almost kills Rick in the process but she's mostly pretty good with the rifle now. The next day they start the process of cleaning out the inside of the prison and Hershel trips over a walker and gets bitten on the leg. They drag him into what looks like the cafeteria and Rick doesn't hesitate to chop and chop and chop at this leg until it's off. Hershel understandably passes out. There's a noise and they turn around to see live people behind a grated partition. They look like they're prisoners.

Meanwhile Lori thinks the baby might be dead and worries that it might be a walker in there and will start eating her from the inside out. LOL! I was wondering what took her so long to think of that.

Andrea and Michonne are still together even though we really don't see too much of them in this episode. Andrea appears to be pretty sick (flu?) but Michonne won't leave her even though Andrea tells her she should because the walkers just keep coming. In the end, they leave the place they were hold up in together.

I think those are the highpoints but it seems Rick is still being pretty much of an asshole off and on and everyone has just gotten better at killing walkers.
<------
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #150
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I think those are the highpoints but it seems Rick is still being pretty much of an asshole off and on and everyone has just gotten better at killing walkers.
Since Rick being an asshole isn't spoilery...

--> They've driven the gross quotient up a lot too. I mean, it was always a little nausea-inducing, but you have to marvel at the ramp-up.

I do wonder what the heck they were doing wandering around inside the bowels of the prison unprepared to take on hordes of walkers though.
<---

It was a good start to the new season, definitely a direct opposite of last season's "hang around the farm" theme. It was a real ratings winner too, from what I understand.