Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2004, 06:15 PM   #1
brownsbros3

Not Dead Yet

I was just over at www.charisma-carpenter.com, which is now up and running again. I left word for Chrissy about whether or not CC's sitcom still has a chance. According to Chrissy, she spoke to Charisma, and Charisma said that the show "Like Cats and Dogs," still has a shot at being a mid-season replacement. So keep your fingers crossed.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:18 PM   #2
Elisha
Classic

Yay! That is great to hear. Hey while they wait to be picked up for mid season, she can always go and kick butt on Alias or 24.

Thank you for sharing.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:22 PM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Not Alias as that is a mid-season show as well.

A semi regular on "24" would be cool. Thanks for the news, hopefully they have a shot at it, the pilot did test well so that's a plus.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:26 PM   #4
v120176

Two things:

1) Can we suppouse that UPN talked to the producers of the show to keep the actors/writers, etc. in reserve. Just imagine if CC ends getting a guest star role into a major show with potential for a permanent character....

2) When do we start our "pick CC's shows or you'll see" campaign I don't wish anybody's cancelation, but I want her on TV, so... do we start to use "our force"

Don't forget...after all, WE cancelled ATS I'm still laughthing about that.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:32 PM   #5
tojoson

24 is also holding up their premier till after the first of the year, but both shows will probably be filming their shows on a normal schedule, so they will probably be filming thru late summer and fall. so she could film a couple of arcs on both shows before her show even starts.

and maybe if some shows on UPN tank, her show could get picked up early.

there are many possabilities.

i would like to see her do another tv movie this summer
Old 06-01-2004, 06:33 PM   #6
rousedower
cancelled

Hm. Well there hasn't been any "official" word that the show is being considered for mid-season and I doubt CC has any contractual obligations with UPN, so she should be free to pursue other roles regardless if it gets picked up or not. It would suck to think that she missed something big because she was waiting for UPN to make their minds up about this show and then they decided to pass on it anyway.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13

Last edited by rousedower; 06-01-2004 at 07:11 PM.
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:07 AM   #7
Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Not Alias as that is a mid-season show as well.
Alias won't start airing until January, however I believe production still begins at about the same time as usual. Maybe a little bit later. The same is probably true for 24. One of the reasons Alias was pushed to mid-season is because they do a ton of location shooting, so it takes longer to film episodes. With the January start, ABC can air more episodes back to back without having to give gaps to allow filming to catch up.
If CC's show gets picked up as a mid-season replacement, I don't think they'd start shooting until much later. So I think it's totally possible that CC could appear on Alias and/or 24 and her sitcom. Of course, I could be totally wrong about all of this
Old 06-02-2004, 07:16 AM   #8
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousedower
Hm. Well there hasn't been any "official" word that the show is being considered for mid-season and I doubt CC has any contractual obligations with UPN, so she should be free to pursue other roles regardless if it gets picked up or not. It would suck to think that she missed something big because she was waiting for UPN to make their minds up about this show and then they decided to pass on it anyway.
The way it works, I believe, is that Charisma does have a contractual obligation. If the show were completely dead, the producers would release her from that obligation. I don't think that would prevent her from taking short-term work, but she couldn't really pursue something long-term as long as the option lasts (probably a few months).
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote