Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #16
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Apparently AMC can read the writing on the wall. They already renewed TWD for a second season.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #17
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
Yeah, I have a feeling that Rick and Andrea are going to at least have some sort of blossoming relationship. I don't know if it'll be immediate, but eventually something is going to happen there. I was afraid something would happen to Glenn when he was luring them away with the Mustang. Glad he got away.
I was yelling at the screen, roll your window up idiot...then i remember he couldn't, it was broken; which of course led to massive anxiety over one of the Walkers attacking him through the window.

The final scene of him riding down the highway in the Mustang was also unsettling, I kept waiting for something to happen, kind of missed the fun/joy of the moment

Besides the interesting characters and dramatic storylines unfolding, this show certainly keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm
Apparently AMC can read the writing on the wall. They already renewed TWD for a second season.
Not surprised, it opened really well and week 2 held strong as well.

10pm airing – 3.1 HH rating with over 4.7 million viewers;
Adults 18-49 – 3.3 million viewers;
Adults 25-54 – 2.8 million viewers;
Men 18-49 – 2.1 million viewers.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #18
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

Love this show!

That was a Dodge Challenger not a Mustang. I only know this because that is my car of the moment and it was in my color.

Anyway, love that they went there with the guts. Can't wait to see Norman Reedus. I find him attractive for some strange reason (he's not my normal type).

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #19
Syn
insane clown girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Melange View Post
Love this show!

That was a Dodge Challenger not a Mustang. I only know this because that is my car of the moment and it was in my color.
Ahhh... Cool. I can usually tell the classic muscle cars apart, mostly, but these new versions tend to look exactly alike to me. I actually have a whole rant about how ugly the new Charger is...but I won't bore you with it. LOL

AMC just made my week by going ahead and giving this show a season two greenlight. Yay!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #20
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I'm going to just assume that radio they had was a scavenged military radio and not a CB, 'cause really, tanks do not have CB radios in them. Other than that, another really good entry. They keep this up, they might just have something here.

Last edited by SamIAm; 11-09-2010 at 07:13 AM.
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #21
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

This made me laugh. FWIW.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #22
Syn
insane clown girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
This made me laugh. FWIW.
BWAHAHAAHA! So funny!
Old 11-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #23
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I really like this one as well, pretty funny although not specific to The Walking Dead

A Zombie Speaks
Old 11-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #24
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

I absolutely LOVE this show. The scene where Rick has to shoot the zombie crawling around, in the very first ep was very heartbreaking. I actually felt sadness emitting from the zombie.

I have only freaked out once during the show; the one in which Rick comes across the gang of Zombies as he's following the helicopter. I did cringe slightly, when Rick was chopping up the zombie. Poor Glenn. lol! Everything else I've been able to deal with.

I've just started reading the Comics. I'm done with Volume, 1-3 and am currently on Vol. 4.

Can't wait to see today's ep. From the previews it look's like Rick will be reunited with his wife and son and the rest of the camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Eeee! I'm so Happy!!

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #25
Syn
insane clown girl

Hmmm....I don't know what to think about the new developments.

I feel awful for Rick, because he has no idea that Shane and Lori were having an affair. I'm still not liking Lori much, though now that we know that it was SHANE who told her that Rick was dead, I can cut her some slack. She really did think her husband was dead, and in her grief she turned to her protector. Not cool, Shane. Not cool AT ALL. I'm still not liking Lori much because she slept with Rick without coming clean to him. Yes, I think she should have come clean with him. Sure, he went through hell to get back to her, but he deserves to know. I'm kind of protective of Rick though.

As far as Shane beating the crap out of that wifebeater? I got me some Shane issues at the moment, but I really don't think he went too far there. That guy deserved a heck of a lot more than a simple pounding, but I have black and white views on wifebeaters and what they deserve.

I felt bad for Glenn. He loved that car.

I had a feeling that Merle was going to hack his own hand off, because there was no way he'd ever be able to get through the cuffs with the saw. Still...what a choice! I hope it wasn't his favorite hand. *snerk*
Old 11-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #26
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Not cool, Shane. Not cool AT ALL. I'm still not liking Lori much because she slept with Rick without coming clean to him. Yes, I think she should have come clean with him. Sure, he went through hell to get back to her, but he deserves to know. I'm kind of protective of Rick though.
I'm cutting Shane some slack b/c what exactly was he supposed to do? Rick was in a coma. Taking Rick out of the hospital would have most likely killed him since I doubt they knew how to run an IV and keep him hydrated or safe. Plus, lugging around a guy in a coma would slow them down and make them Walker food.

I'm betting Shane thought about the risks/consequences and decided it was better/safer to leave Rick to die in the hospital than for all 3 of them to stay in town and "wait" to see/hope that Rick would somehow wake up. I'm also betting that he told Lori Rick died rather than saying hey we have to leave him to be Walker food it's better this way.

I don't hate Shane I think he's morally questionable, all of his actions indicate that he's in full blown survival mode and honor goes out the window. He was willing to let the supply group live/die on their own rather than leave the camp undefended. He was willing to let strangers ride to their deaths going into Atlanta rather than take time away from sustaining the camp to put up signs. IMO he's not a bad guy but he's not a hero either.

Quote:
As far as Shane beating the crap out of that wifebeater? I got me some Shane issues at the moment, but I really don't think he went too far there. That guy deserved a heck of a lot more than a simple pounding, but I have black and white views on wifebeaters and what they deserve.
Yep, totally agree with you there. I can't stand men who beat on their wives so I was kind of sitting there hoping Shane would beat Ed to death (cruel, I know). Given Shane's interaction the with ladies the night before, I'm guessing that while he went overboard on the beat down b/c of his Lori issues he would have taken the guy down anyway.

Loved the introduction of Daryl, he seems like a cool character like him a heck of a lot more than his brother Merle. Really starting to love Dale, such a great guy, I hope nothing happens to him. Glenn is still my man . Andrea is totally growing on me, really liked her last night but I can't stand her sister (Lisa?).

The reunion between Rick/Carl was wonderful and really elevated the Rick character for me (from like to love). I'm still uncertain on Lori, need more time to figure out if I like/hate her. I was a bit squicked out by the husband/wife "reunion" while Carl was sleeping 3 feet away but I don't have kids so maybe it's normal for parents?

Last edited by Morrigan; 11-15-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #27
Syn
insane clown girl

Morrigan, I don't hate Shane, I just don't like that he lied to Lori about Rick-in-a-coma, even though I did understand the reasons behind why he did it. She didn't have all the facts before she hooked up with him, and that feels incredibly dishonest to me. I'm mad at Shane for the same reason I'm mad at Lori for sleeping with Rick. I like the way Shane is with Carl; you can tell he's over the moon about him, and that love makes me want to forgive him.

And I totally agree about having sex with your kid three feet away. It's just...squicky.

I'm not sure what to think of Darryl yet. He seems like the same sort of trouble as his brother, and I absolutely hate people like that... Still, maybe he'll surprise me?
Old 11-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #28
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Morrigan, I don't hate Shane, I just don't like that he lied to Lori about Rick-in-a-coma, even though I did understand the reasons behind why he did it. She didn't have all the facts before she hooked up with him, and that feels incredibly dishonest to me. I'm mad at Shane for the same reason I'm mad at Lori for sleeping with Rick. I like the way Shane is with Carl; you can tell he's over the moon about him, and that love makes me want to forgive him.
I didn't think you did, I was just explaining why I don't have that big of an issue with what Shane did. For me it'll ultimately comes down to why he lied. If he lied b/c he just wanted to get her in the sack, then yeah he's a shit.

If Shane lied to spare her the reality of the situation...told her Rick died rather than the truth, that they left him to get eaten then I don't have a problem with what he did. Also, if Shane lied to get Lori/Carl to safety than I don't have that much of a problem with it either.

I just wish we got to hear his side of it b/c from what Lori said it makes it sound like he only did it because he wanted her, which I'm sure is what she thinks.

Quote:
I'm not sure what to think of Darryl yet. He seems like the same sort of trouble as his brother, and I absolutely hate people like that... Still, maybe he'll surprise me?
To me, Daryl doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as Merle but I could have read the scene wrong. Seemed to me that he was out hunting for the whole campsite (seeing as how they couldn't freeze the deer meat). He also didn't get all violent when Shane called his brother a douchebag and even with T-Dog, he didn't really go on a racial slant.

Maybe he is a racist and hides it better than Merle but he just didn't really seem like a bad guy to me. However, that was 1 episode, he could turn out to be a total dick next week.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #29
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Wow, plans to wait for next October for the new season? Dude...
Old 11-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #30
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

Was already planning on waiting until October. Didn't know this season was only six episodes though. That blows

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote