Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #46
Mo angel
TallGoodLookingWeirdHair

Location: in the undead heart of the California wine country..
Great question that I've asked myself many times and yet I still don't have an answer. DB definately knows the cool, brooding and sometimes viscious Angel/Angelus and played him to a stone-faced hilt. Never really over the top, he projected his emotions on his handsome face very well. Big plus, we got to know the character over 8 years, yet there was so much more to be discovered. With Seeley Booth, he's still in the development phase, so there's still much to be learned. He does seem like a pretty normal guy(and I stress the word, pretty!) who takes his job very seriously. A devout Catholic, he usually stays on the straight and narrow, but Boreanaz does occasionally play him over the top. More than just emoting with his face, DB has thrown in lots of body movement and of course is not restricted to night time hours. We know he's a former special forces sniper, with a gambling problem, a son out of wedlock that he adores and somewhat of a man-whore, but in the long run he's probably a 'deeper' character that, like I said, is still in development. So I guess at this time, I have to go with Angel as my preference, subject to change of course. David Boreanaz has grown immensely as an actor since his early BtVS days and he's put that knowledge to good use as Booth, which I'm sure over time, 'might' change my mind!

Mo
Mo angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:33 PM   #47
baba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo angel View Post
Great question that I've asked myself many times and yet I still don't have an answer. DB definately knows the cool, brooding and sometimes viscious Angel/Angelus and played him to a stone-faced hilt. Never really over the top, he projected his emotions on his handsome face very well. Big plus, we got to know the character over 8 years, yet there was so much more to be discovered. With Seeley Booth, he's still in the development phase, so there's still much to be learned. He does seem like a pretty normal guy(and I stress the word, pretty!) who takes his job very seriously. A devout Catholic, he usually stays on the straight and narrow, but Boreanaz does occasionally play him over the top. More than just emoting with his face, DB has thrown in lots of body movement and of course is not restricted to night time hours. We know he's a former special forces sniper, with a gambling problem, a son out of wedlock that he adores and somewhat of a man-whore, but in the long run he's probably a 'deeper' character that, like I said, is still in development. So I guess at this time, I have to go with Angel as my preference, subject to change of course. David Boreanaz has grown immensely as an actor since his early BtVS days and he's put that knowledge to good use as Booth, which I'm sure over time, 'might' change my mind!

Mo

I still prefer him as Angel, but he is not bad as Agent Booth either, I guess it takes getting used to! The two roles are quite different, and by quite I mean worlds apart different!
As for his partner, God, Bones can be annoying! To no end in fact!
This is the first time I experienced a strong dislike for the main female character! Well, the second time in fact, cos I can't stomach Lana Lang (Smallville) either, but that's another debate for another thread!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:00 PM   #48
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Okay, so I'm caught up. When I say I'm caught up, I mean to say that in the last two weeks I have downloaded and watched every episode.

A number of little plot bunnies for them to use popped up into my head, and I wonder which of these you think they will/would like to address

* Angela is still married, to an unknown man. She married him in Fiji, so there's no reason to assume he's American or anything else about him. I assume she's taken his surname, or goes by her mother's since her father's last name is Gibbons (in case you didn't recognize her father in the Christmas episode, he's Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top. It's very explicitly implied that her father is supposed to actually be Gibbons, and not Gibbons playing some other character.) So why is her last name Montenegro? When will her husband turn up?

* Hodgins has yet to ever pull rank on anyone, even though he essentially owns the Jeffersonian. I'm wondering under what circumstances he would.

* What happened to Dr. Goodman? His two month sabbatical seems to have taken a bit longer.

* If their November sweeps stunt was burying Brennan and Hodgins alive, will the May stunt put Booth and Angela in danger, or will they return to the mystery of Brennan's parents? Personally I prefer the former.

So...any opinions?
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:51 PM   #49
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy's Bitch View Post
Angela is still married, to an unknown man. She married him in Fiji, so there's no reason to assume he's American or anything else about him. I assume she's taken his surname, or goes by her mother's since her father's last name is Gibbons (in case you didn't recognize her father in the Christmas episode, he's Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top. It's very explicitly implied that her father is supposed to actually be Gibbons, and not Gibbons playing some other character.) So why is her last name Montenegro? When will her husband turn up?
While that would be interesting, I'm guessing it's merely something as simple as Montenegro is her mother's name and she was never married to Gibbons. Or, Angela never wanted to use her father's fame to follow her so she took her mother's name so no one would know who her father was.

Quote:
* Hodgins has yet to ever pull rank on anyone, even though he essentially owns the Jeffersonian. I'm wondering under what circumstances he would.
Hmmm, possibly Cam going through with her threat to fire Brennan? Or, any number of powerful Washington types trying to use the Jeffersonian for something that forces the squints to put a case on the back burner. Or, maybe ponying up the money to create a new position so Zach can stay on as an employee once he gets his Ph.D.

Quote:
* What happened to Dr. Goodman? His two month sabbatical seems to have taken a bit longer.
A lot of people are wondering that. I'm still very upset that Goodman is out. I don't mind Cam there, but Goodman was a great character and I loved his interactions with all of the characters. I thought he was still going to be a recurring character, but maybe the actor has moved on to another project and isn't available now. If so, I hope the writer's are responsible enough to address it and not just leave it a gaping hole like they did the disappearance of Wong Foo's.

Quote:
* If their November sweeps stunt was burying Brennan and Hodgins alive, will the May stunt put Booth and Angela in danger, or will they return to the mystery of Brennan's parents? Personally I prefer the former.
I'd love the former also and it could happen I suppose. However, they are returning to the mystery of Brennan's parents and very soon. I believe the producers have said that Brennan's parents will be the big arcing story of season 2.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:26 AM   #50
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

A number of little plot bunnies for them to use popped up into my head, and I wonder which of these you think they will/would like to address

* Angela is still married, to an unknown man. She married him in Fiji, so there's no reason to assume he's American or anything else about him. I assume she's taken his surname, or goes by her mother's since her father's last name is Gibbons (in case you didn't recognize her father in the Christmas episode, he's Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top. It's very explicitly implied that her father is supposed to actually be Gibbons, and not Gibbons playing some other character.) So why is her last name Montenegro? When will her husband turn up?

I wonder if this will be dropped, but if they go ahead with it, they'll probably save it to throw out there if/when A/J get really serious.

I think the last episode proves that they haven't forgotten that he is rich and powerful. Considering that the original draft of the episode had Brennan's and his kidnapper caught, and they changed that, then I assume it will play out over more episodes. He might throw his weight around if Cam tries to close the case. Or as others have stated if Cam were to try and fire someone.

Given the spin around the cast change, they said they wanted him to come back, but they *always* say that when the let someone go, then I have a feeling that he's moved on since they let him go. After a while, it often becomes a matter of not being able to get someone even if you want him. Doesn he have another show?

I have a feeling it will be bout Bone's father. Though from what I hear (I try not to get spoiled, but sometimes I still hear stuff) We may be getting some background on Booth's family.

I really want them to explain the abscence of Wong Foo's. It was a little gimmicky, but they had established it, and I liked the idea of them having a place like that and then we don't hear about it again.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:16 PM   #51
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly

I really want them to explain the abscence of Wong Foo's. It was a little gimmicky, but they had established it, and I liked the idea of them having a place like that and then we don't hear about it again.
They seem to have replaced it with the Riverside Diner set.

As for Dr. Goodman, the actor, Jonathan Adams has apparently only appeared on one episode of The Unit since his appearances on Bones.

As for the sweeps storylines, it looks like they're bringing back Epps in the near future.

What they should do with the Grave Digger storyline is set them up as a sort of Moriarty for Brennan. After all ---->Very spoilery specIf they stick with the original culprit, not only could she be a potential criminal opponent, they could have her going after Boone in another way...wink, wink, nudge, nudge. I'm really waiting for Brennan to get actively jealous once in her life. I mean, jeez.

Other than that, I just want more of the Angela/Jack stuff. That's entertaining.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:26 PM   #52
baba

Smile Good, wonderful news concerning David Boreanaz!

Got news about our favorite agent/souled vampire!
David B. is listed in Peoples Magazine among 100 sexiest men alive! Isn't that great news, I must say he deserves it too! He looks greater than ever! You go David!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #53
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

That was better than The Blair Witch Project, anyway. Though their sights should be set much higher than just being better than TBWP.

Was that building used for the asylum the same as the building used for Sunnydale High School? It looked awfully familiar.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:46 PM   #54
Mo angel
TallGoodLookingWeirdHair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
That was better than The Blair Witch Project, anyway. Though their sights should be set much higher than just being better than TBWP.

Was that building used for the asylum the same as the building used for Sunnydale High School? It looked awfully familiar.
I thought the same thing about the building and I think they use it for Veronica Mars too. I don't know about you all, but I'm getting a really good vibe from Bones this season and it seems to be heating up. The next ep earns another 'can't wait' from me, what with Booth's fall to 'beigeness' and what looks like a shooting at the Royal Cafe with Russ being involved, at least that's what I gleaned from the trailer. GUY HUG!
Old 12-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #55
Mo angel
TallGoodLookingWeirdHair

Whoa! Is this a dead thread or what?? Just gotta say I now have my fave ep of this season in hand/on screen, whatever! 'Judas on a Pole' had so many twists with lotsa angst and tender moments, not to mention great fun times too! Zach got his doctorate and a makeover...Wow! And the tender moment at the end with Booth's finger under Tempe's chin? I thought they were going to get close and kiss, until Zach started waving at them from inside the diner. Damn, it was 'this' close! The next installment is scheduled for January 24th, and it looks to be a doozy, with all of the squints and Booth, targeted by the crime organization that Max worked for. Another 'can't wait' thing.

Mo
Old 12-14-2006, 04:58 AM   #56
omg angel

Quote:
The next installment is scheduled for January 24th, and it looks to be a doozy, with all of the squints and Booth, targeted by the crime organization that Max worked for.
Actually they're being targeted by Howard Epps after he escapes from prison. ;]
omg angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:29 AM   #57
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo angel View Post
Whoa! Is this a dead thread or what??
We've been very lax in our TV viewing reports this season.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #58
Mo angel
TallGoodLookingWeirdHair

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg angel View Post
Actually they're being targeted by Howard Epps after he escapes from prison. ;]

Your absolutely right! My bad. But at least I woke up the thread, don't ya think? Again, great episode. And again as always, David looked especially yummy.

Mo
Old 12-14-2006, 12:14 PM   #59
Bertha Blue

I had actually forgotten that the episode was new. There isn't usually new episodes of shows this late in the year.

I thought that the episode was really good. I didn't even suspect that the Priest was Bones dad. I wonder why Booth didn't shoot at the tires of the jeep if he didn't want to shoot Bones dad (on a side note, I really like the character of the attorney that is Booth's friend. She is the kind of lady that won't put up with all kinds of nonsense and I have always liked that in a character. She is going to be peeved when she sees her car though. LOL!).

I wonder what Bones reaction willl be when she realizes how far Booth is willing to go to protect the people that he cares about (remember how he threatened to kill that gang member?). She didn't seem to happy for the lengths that her father was willing to go to protect his kids.

And I am really peeved at Bones brother for taking off on her like that. For all his bluster about stepping up to his responsiblities of becoming a dad to his new girlfriends kids and sticking by his sisters side, he is now a fugitive just like his dad. Like father like son I guess.

Hey, did anybody else notice that David Duchoveny (of X-Files) directed the episode? I was thrilled when I saw that. I do think that is one of the reasons that DB and ED clicked and had such great chemistry last night, as IMO DD is an amazing director. Hopefully this will open up doors for David and they will work together again in the future (maybe in a movie next time around?).

And I couldn't believe at the end, they were playing a song from probably my favourite female artist, Kate Bush. It wasn't a great cover by any stretch of the imagination, but the funny thing was I was just listening to that CD (highly underrated CD IJMHO) on my CD player and it was nice to hear that such a great artist and musician was being covered.

I agree that David did look really good as well (I guess the show has been a blessing for him) but that is pretty much a given with him.

Last edited by Bertha Blue; 12-14-2006 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
Bertha Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #60
DamnSkippy

Being the spoiler whore that I am, BB, I was aware that DD was directing for some time. I definitely need to rewatch this epi because I was dissatisfied for some reason. Maybe because I was expecting so much from the hoopla about DD directing and Ryan O'Neal on the show that it couldn't possibly meet my standards. Plus, the case was just so confusing to me that I need to get the facts of it straight so it won't bug me. But there were some nice directorial moments, so I give DD props for that.

As far as the DB and ED chemistry goes, it's always there, IMO. I did think they pushed it to the brink at the end because that was an almost kiss if I ever saw one. The fans hate Zach right now for pounding on the window and interrupting them.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote