View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #28
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
Morrigan, I don't hate Shane, I just don't like that he lied to Lori about Rick-in-a-coma, even though I did understand the reasons behind why he did it. She didn't have all the facts before she hooked up with him, and that feels incredibly dishonest to me. I'm mad at Shane for the same reason I'm mad at Lori for sleeping with Rick. I like the way Shane is with Carl; you can tell he's over the moon about him, and that love makes me want to forgive him.
I didn't think you did, I was just explaining why I don't have that big of an issue with what Shane did. For me it'll ultimately comes down to why he lied. If he lied b/c he just wanted to get her in the sack, then yeah he's a shit.

If Shane lied to spare her the reality of the situation...told her Rick died rather than the truth, that they left him to get eaten then I don't have a problem with what he did. Also, if Shane lied to get Lori/Carl to safety than I don't have that much of a problem with it either.

I just wish we got to hear his side of it b/c from what Lori said it makes it sound like he only did it because he wanted her, which I'm sure is what she thinks.

Quote:
I'm not sure what to think of Darryl yet. He seems like the same sort of trouble as his brother, and I absolutely hate people like that... Still, maybe he'll surprise me?
To me, Daryl doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as Merle but I could have read the scene wrong. Seemed to me that he was out hunting for the whole campsite (seeing as how they couldn't freeze the deer meat). He also didn't get all violent when Shane called his brother a douchebag and even with T-Dog, he didn't really go on a racial slant.

Maybe he is a racist and hides it better than Merle but he just didn't really seem like a bad guy to me. However, that was 1 episode, he could turn out to be a total dick next week.