View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #26
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
Not cool, Shane. Not cool AT ALL. I'm still not liking Lori much because she slept with Rick without coming clean to him. Yes, I think she should have come clean with him. Sure, he went through hell to get back to her, but he deserves to know. I'm kind of protective of Rick though.
I'm cutting Shane some slack b/c what exactly was he supposed to do? Rick was in a coma. Taking Rick out of the hospital would have most likely killed him since I doubt they knew how to run an IV and keep him hydrated or safe. Plus, lugging around a guy in a coma would slow them down and make them Walker food.

I'm betting Shane thought about the risks/consequences and decided it was better/safer to leave Rick to die in the hospital than for all 3 of them to stay in town and "wait" to see/hope that Rick would somehow wake up. I'm also betting that he told Lori Rick died rather than saying hey we have to leave him to be Walker food it's better this way.

I don't hate Shane I think he's morally questionable, all of his actions indicate that he's in full blown survival mode and honor goes out the window. He was willing to let the supply group live/die on their own rather than leave the camp undefended. He was willing to let strangers ride to their deaths going into Atlanta rather than take time away from sustaining the camp to put up signs. IMO he's not a bad guy but he's not a hero either.

Quote:
As far as Shane beating the crap out of that wifebeater? I got me some Shane issues at the moment, but I really don't think he went too far there. That guy deserved a heck of a lot more than a simple pounding, but I have black and white views on wifebeaters and what they deserve.
Yep, totally agree with you there. I can't stand men who beat on their wives so I was kind of sitting there hoping Shane would beat Ed to death (cruel, I know). Given Shane's interaction the with ladies the night before, I'm guessing that while he went overboard on the beat down b/c of his Lori issues he would have taken the guy down anyway.

Loved the introduction of Daryl, he seems like a cool character like him a heck of a lot more than his brother Merle. Really starting to love Dale, such a great guy, I hope nothing happens to him. Glenn is still my man . Andrea is totally growing on me, really liked her last night but I can't stand her sister (Lisa?).

The reunion between Rick/Carl was wonderful and really elevated the Rick character for me (from like to love). I'm still uncertain on Lori, need more time to figure out if I like/hate her. I was a bit squicked out by the husband/wife "reunion" while Carl was sleeping 3 feet away but I don't have kids so maybe it's normal for parents?

Last edited by Morrigan; 11-15-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote