Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2003, 04:21 AM   #76
Persephone

Oddly enough, Hero hit me the exact same way it did the first time around. I thought the lead-up story was heavy-handed and the IWRY references were out of place with the true heroism of Doyle's sacrifice. Oh, but the last ten minutes choked me up, just like the first time. What an ending, and all the more poignant because of Glenn. The video ending... dear me.

The episode was all the more touching because of the C/A hug. There was nothing remotely UST about it...it felt like two lost little children in a dark, dark world, clinging desperately to each other, knowing they had no one else. And somehow, that was perfectly perfect and perfectly heartwrenching.

I look forward to Parting Gifts next. But then again, I am quite the Wes fan, and have enjoyed his journey/transformation as I enjoyed Cordy's. For a long time, I was resentful of the increasing cast ruining the "trinity" aspect of Angel, Cordy, and Wes. It seemed like such a great balance, and I think the cast shot of the three of them at the end of the opening credits might well remain my favourite. I think I've come around to the foursome with Gunn though... not sure, since they've never properly understood or utilized Gunn and never really tried. But I'll save those comments for later reruns.
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:12 AM   #77
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Persephone

The episode was all the more touching because of the C/A hug. There was nothing remotely UST about it...it felt like two lost little children in a dark, dark world, clinging desperately to each other, knowing they had no one else. And somehow, that was perfectly perfect and perfectly heartwrenching.
And then came the twisting of the knife when they're watching the Doyle video- apart. Cordy's sitting, Angel's standing over her, both looking completely lost. We've seen Angel tear up for the first time over something that wasn't Buffy-related, and we see Cordy's eyes a bit hardened. Kinda a hint that she was going to have to be the strong one for both of them.

It was a nice turning point for both.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 09:31 PM   #78
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

I was re-watching "Expecting" and just picked up on the fact that I really think that was Cordy's first time. The way she acts before and after really makes me believe that she had never been that far before. I mean honestly, there was never an inclination in her BtVS days that she wasn't a virgin. Anybody else agree?

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 09:38 PM   #79
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i've always believed that that was her first time, i mean she went out with xander for how long and she loved him but they never had sex. you can be a flirt w/o screwing around, i know i was.and she did seem really nervous and inexperienced.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:17 PM   #80
LaLa247
Wooo!

I do think a lot of Xander's teasing about the sleeping round thing in high school was just that- teasing. He and Willow did know her since they were young (Kindergarden? Third grade?). I also get the feeling the boys in the locker room may have embellished their encounters wth her simply because she didn't put out.

And hey, if she didn't sleep with Xander, the guy she dated for a year, and who she said she loved...
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:11 AM   #81
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

And yet another character I liked better on AtS than BtVS. I didn't like Wesley on BtVS at all...not that I was supposed to. And I wasn't thrilled to see him in "Parting Gifts", because I was kinda hoping it would just be Angel and Cordy for a while, despite my C/A denial. But, after PG, I started to fall in love with Wes. I don't think the character really clicked until "I've Got You Under My Skin." I barely remember the episode, but I remember Wes standing in a doorway somewhere and thinking, "He might be alright."

Watching PG, he just cracked me up. He was so adorable. "I'm gonna thrash you to within an inch of your life. And then I'm gonna take that inch!" It's really weird comparing that Wes to season 4 Wes.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:26 PM   #82
Florrie
I want it all for me...

Quote:
Originally posted by KarKar
It’s been so long since I’ve seen the party scene. Y’all are right about how he just lights up when he sees her. Like how he picks her unseen voice out of the crowd and noise. Can recognize her talking, her scent and her long hair from the back.
Subtext, by KarKar

So, we can add your whole report to the site?

Okay, so I just did anyway.

But, hey, where's the rest?
Old 10-11-2003, 10:22 PM   #83
Izzychase
Canuck For Life!

I agree with Persephone. The brief Angel/Cordy/Wes family at the very end of S1, from TSILA right to the beginning of S2 just seemed like such a perfect fit, that I sort of resented the intrusion of other characters, until I learned to love Lorne, Fred, and Gunn as well. I mean, with the Angel/Wes/Cordy family, they were finally the Champion, the Seer, and the Watcher. It seemed like a perfect trinity of BtVS outcasts that came from different walks of life to save souls and their own in the process.

*sigh* I miss S1 and early S2, before Angel's 'beige' period. For me, those will always be the golden days of AtS.

Iz.
Faith In Faith #001
~Still Missing Doyle~
Doyle and Cordelia: Heroes to the very end.
Proud Cordelia/Angel, Giles/Jenny, Wesley/Faith, Dawn/Connor, and Lindsey/Lilah shipper
Izzychase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 05:36 PM   #84
starlet2367
glitterati

Ah, Expecting. Add me to the list of folks who think Cordy was a virgin (albeit a technical one [g]) before this ep. For such a confident girl, she was extremely passive in the shots they showed, like she was uncertain of herself, nervous, and waiting for Wilson to show her the way.

Which is what makes her situation the next morning so much suckier.

As always, I LMAO at Wes at the beginning of this ep. The ax in the wall, the "By doxies, I didn't mean...", his response when Angel told him to see what was inside Cordelia. The Word-Puzzle. Gah! Classic! And, wow, can that boy shoot straight! Shades of Wes to come!

For all his bitching about her, when she's in real trouble, he's right there by her side. I love Wes in this ep; he's like her bratty brother. He can pick on Cordy all he wants, but if someone hurts her? They're dead meat. Or frozen, as the case may be.

I did have to laugh when he was facing the Land of the Lost demon at the end, though. Putting up his dukes and swaggering around. This is the guy who gets knocked out in almost every fight he's in. Heck, Cordy knocked him out! LOL! That boy's got huevos!

And Angel.... It's eps like this one that make his response to Cordy's pregnancy in S4 seem so out-of-character. The look he gives her when he sees her in the bed for the first time, so hugely pregnant. The promise that they'll take care of it, and she's not alone. "Are you the boyfriend? No, I'm family." You could see how much he enjoyed beating the crap out of Wilson and his gang, and he left the last little special treatment to Wilson. For some reason, watching him beat the crap out of those guys always makes me cheer.

And the scene at the end, where Wes and Angel are fighting over keeping Cordy's space clean? The ambiguously gay duo! Woo!

That little look Angel shoots Cor that clearly says, "He's driving me effing insane. PLEASE come back to work." And when she says she's got the part if she lets the guy knock her up? LOL The look on his face when he realizes she's just psyched them out? Respect, humor, admiration, affection. DB nailed that shot. And the little smile he and Cordy share about Wes's "allergies." Too, too cute.

Ah, yes. The good old days.

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 06:07 PM   #85
LaLa247
Wooo!

They cut out the "Get her back to bed" line. I have beef.

Quote:
Originally posted by starlet2367
And Angel.... It's eps like this one that make his response to Cordy's pregnancy in S4 seem so out-of-character.
Was just discussing this with my ma. He seemed so damn concerned for her, yet he looked like he had NO clue how to handle her. He looked almost as helpless as she did in that scene, and Boreanaz sold it.

Quote:
And the little smile he and Cordy share about Wes's "allergies." Too, too cute.
I loooooove that look! Now I'm depressed over the suck that is now. Sigh.
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 10-14-2003, 08:26 PM   #86
LadyJubilee

I love that he KNEW Cordy hadn't revealed any secrets.
LadyJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 08:40 PM   #87
KeyserSoze
local god

I was watching RRK's episode of Las Vegas last night (which had a small part for Harry 'The Mayor' Groener) and the cute guy who played the magician looked sooo familiar to me, but I couldn't place his face.

Then today? Boom! On TNT impregnating Cordy.

It was almost as weird as when the guy who played Owen in NKOBOTFD showed up on BtVS on FX, CSI, and Monk all in a span of 2 days.

I love syndication!
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 09:15 PM   #88
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Quote:
Originally posted by KeyserSoze
It was almost as weird as when the guy who played Owen in NKOBOTFD showed up on BtVS on FX, CSI, and Monk all in a span of 2 days.
And, a bit OT, he was also on ESPN tonite! He plays the quarterback on ESPN's Playmakers series.

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:34 PM   #89
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Season 1 Wesley is so adorable! I remember having such a problem with him back then, when the eps first aired, but I don't know why now. He was just so cute.

And, of course, the C/A was priceless in "Expecting". I mean, Angel just does not like the idea of Cordy dating, does he. And when Serena let it slip that Cordy was seeing Wilson, Cordy looked so guilty. Like she'd been caught.

And Angel wanted so badly to hurt Wilson. He was kinda glad he didn't get the answers he wanted right away. Seeing him put his foot on Wilson's throat probably made me happier than it should.

And how Angel reacted when Cordy was late? Yeah, he had good reason to go charging over to her apartment, but he didn't know that. Most people would have had Wes's attitude, at least for another hour or two. But Angel goes over and breaks into her place. That's the way!

Also, Cordy was creeping me out. The way she went from freaking one minute, to maternal the next, back to freaking, back to maternal. (shiver)
Old 10-16-2003, 06:19 PM   #90
KarKar

Quote:
Originally posted by Florrie
Subtext, by KarKar

So, we can add your whole report to the site?

Okay, so I just did anyway.

But, hey, where's the rest?
My VCR kind of had conniptions. Just ask PC who's been kindly giving me the Big O updates.

I just got the DVD's though and can email you new documents if you'd like for S1.