Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > The 2006 Fan Fundraiser
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2004, 08:45 AM   #16
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
However, I am pleased to announce that Prima, who drew the beautiful pic of CC for the HR ad is also donating a picture of SMG that is going to blow you guys away...
Heh. Still working on it (aside: Professional Crastinator, is I) but if anyone wants to follow the updates?

My Live Journal.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:20 PM   #17
ehab
Perpetually Confused

Prima, your drawing is gorgeous. It's all good, but I especially love her sparkly eyes, beautifully done.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but is there still going to be an auction of lovely fan art, etc.?
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:30 AM   #18
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Okay, it's been a while since I updated this thread, but with the first wave of auctions now complete, the combined totals of the ad leftovers, DB- and CC-dedicated donations, and random charitable contributions is:

$489.93

Nice work! Let's see how much higher we can drive this.

(Note: We still have something like $115 left over from the last CC ad, and I'm expecting another check from the ST Store very soon. Should we apply this to the CC-dedicated LARFB contribution, or should we continue to keep this separate for another charity? [We were talking therapy dogs for kids a few months ago, but we haven't yet decided where the CC charity funds will end up.])
Old 06-02-2004, 11:33 AM   #19
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
(Note: We still have something like $115 left over from the last CC ad, and I'm expecting another check from the ST Store very soon. Should we apply this to the CC-dedicated LARFB contribution, or should we continue to keep this separate for another charity? [We were talking therapy dogs for kids a few months ago, but we haven't yet decided where the CC charity funds will end up.])
Is there a way to seperate the totals? Just so we can see what's going where? My vote on the CC overage is to leave it for a different charity. I'd love to see the ST board continue to give to charity over time and that can be some good seed money for the next ST drive.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:55 AM   #20
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
Is there a way to seperate the totals? Just so we can see what's going where?
Yes -- the memos on the payments indicate which button folks used to make contributions and/or auction purchases, and the other CC-specific funds are in a separate holding area.

My thought on the auction money is that we've already made a public pledge to send it to the food bank -- I included the CC option to give more people the impetus to participate -- but the ST Store and CC ad overages can be used to seed the ongoing charity drive (Loving Paws or whatever other child/animal charity we select). As long as the ST Store is a going concern, there will be volume discount money available for good causes, so we definitely can use that cash toward a big holiday contribution.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:55 AM   #21
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

And here's the latest total after Round One of the icon auction:

$579.96

w00t!

Because at this point this thread is much more closely tied with the auctions than with the DB ad status report, I'm moving it to the Auction forum. I'll leave a redirect in the DB Ad forum so everyone can find it.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:38 PM   #22
Florrie
I want it all for me...

Very impressive!

This is also a see-my-new-avie post.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:55 PM   #23
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florrie
Very impressive!

This is also a see-my-new-avie post.
Florrie, yours was my favorite of the CC ones. I seriously thought about stashing it away for myself.

I am so stoked about the money. ST has some generous folks, I tell ya.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #24
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

And there are some awesome big-ticket items still in the gates, as well as many more icons and even a wallpaper or two. Can we top $1,000? Oh, I bet we do.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:02 AM   #25
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Friday fundage update: With proceeds from additional icon sales added, here we are...

$594.46

Don't forget that there are more icon and WP auctions open right now, as well as Prima's SMG art and Angelus' concealed stake rachets. More new auctions will be added today, so find something you like and go get it!
Old 06-16-2004, 11:57 AM   #26
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Here's the latest:

$642.31

Lookin' good! Hey, and you (yeah, you) can spread the word around. Let your friends throughout fandom know about some of the Good Stuff still available!
Old 06-24-2004, 02:29 PM   #27
Unregistered-Angel

Food Drive

Once the money is donated, you're going to mention Angel's Food Bank when you send the money to the L.A. Regional Foodbank, right? After all, Stranger-things promised that to AFD when they promoted the DB Thank-You Ad on their site.
  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:01 PM   #28
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Per Psychofilly's original promise to the AFD people, the money donated in DB's name -- which includes a small overage from the original ad fund-raising effort -- will be tagged with a mention of Angel's Food Drive.

For the record, though, "Stranger Things" (meaning its owner and admins) did not promise anything. Psychofilly coordinated this effort on her own; ST simply provided the facilities in which to carry it out.

By the way, how long did that ad promo stay up before the AFD admins took it down?