Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #31
Platypus
The Pointy End

For those of you who don't subscribe to Showtime, CBS *may* repurpose the Dexter episodes for broadcast depending on how long the writers' strike lasts. It would no doubt be a heavily sanitized version (no swearing and no nudity), but I still think it would be worth watching, especially if you're a Julie Benz fan but even if you're not.

For my money, the second season of Dexter has been every bit as riveting as the first. I can't believe it's almost over - I really think this has been the best show on television this fall.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #32
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

I have Showtime, already, but this could be something good. Although, I'm not liking the whole "heavy editing", I think it could be a good push to get more people into Dexter. If they edit it right, I think it wouldn't take away much from the show. Plus, it'll be a good deal for Showtime. They might get millions more customers, after the strike, just to see Dexter.

It's funny, when I first read this yesterday, I thought they were talking about moving the show completely to CBS. I was all NOOOOOOOOO. But, airing re-runs, is ok by me lol

Dexter is definitely the best thing on TV, right now. I'm so impressed with this season, and I can't wait to see how they pull everything off in these two last episodes. *is excited*

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #33
DamnSkippy

I still haven't seen S1, but I'm loving S2. I'm not sure how Dexter would fare all cleaned up and presentable for network television.

I just saw the last two episodes and OMG that ----->cut on his leg is going to be his downfall if he doesn't do something about it, like re-cut it in front of witnesses. It feels like he's spinning out of control and this setup he's got cooking will probably *not* be foolproof.<----- (I guess this isn't a spoiler since it has aired, but just being careful.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:46 AM   #34
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
Heavy editing probably means goodbye Deb since every other word out of her mouth is a swear word.

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:22 AM   #35
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantinera View Post
Heavy editing probably means goodbye Deb since every other word out of her mouth is a swear word.
Oh, man, I thought you were talking about me. It's so rare that a character is named Deb, that I forgot all about that being her name. But you're so right. Her role would turn into a lot of cuts to her smiling or frowning because she does talk like a sailor on drunken holiday.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #36
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
Oh, man, I thought you were talking about me. It's so rare that a character is named Deb, that I forgot all about that being her name. But you're so right. Her role would turn into a lot of cuts to her smiling or frowning because she does talk like a sailor on drunken holiday.

Say goodbye to Doakes too - how many "motherf---ers" can one network bleep?

And I have to imagine that a fair amount of Masuka's one-liners would also not be deemed network-worthy, given how perverted and sexual they are. Of course, he's more of a minor character, so not that much of an issue.

Still, I think it could be done. If they managed to clean up the Sopranos enough to air on A&E (not that I watched the cleaned up versions), they should be able to edit Dexter into something watchable.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #37
samsmom

If they're able to air Sex and the City on basic cable, they can do it with Dexter. But for myself, I'll be buying the dvds - Doakes isn't Doakes without his fifty motherf*ckers per episode.

And Debbie Morgan, forget about her completely.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #38
tojoson

Wow, Julie Benz is busy. Dexter, Rambo, and Punisher

here

Hopefully what she says about season 3 of Dexter is true
Old 03-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #39
tojoson

Wow. More busy for Julie---Saw 5

here
Old 07-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #40
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Kristin Dattilo, who played Doyle's ex-wife in "The Bachelor Party", will jopin the cast for at least five episodes next season.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #41
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Two more seasons of Dexter.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #42
DamnSkippy

That's super news assuming they can keep up what they've accomplished so far. I have my fears for this season. I hope they prove me wrong and bring something new to this whole storyline.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #43
Livvie
nutcase

A little bit of a casting news from Variety. Spoiler font since it gives away character info.

*** Emmy winner John Lithgow has a booked a full-season gig on 'Dexter,' reports Variety. The '3rd Rock' star will play a man living a double life as the "Trinity Killer," a nickname given to him because he kills people in groups of three. The fourth season of 'Dexter' premieres Sept. 27 on Showtime. Talk about a killer role. ***

Link to the full Variety article:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1
Old 09-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #44
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I just finished watching the season three DVD set. Another great season for a series that hasn't set off many duds.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #45
Livvie
nutcase

I saw the first episode of season 4 already and all I can say is...it's AWWWWWEEEESOME! My only complaint (and not really spoilery but in that font just in case) ** is there is a little too much Lithgass for me. (That's Lithgow ass for people that don't speak Kelly). As long as I don't see Lithpeen, I will be okay. LOL **