Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2004, 10:19 PM   #1
v120176

Chance of CC becoming a regular in Charmed

Well, I read this in slayerverse and Kristin:

quote:
More yumminess, though it's hardly an Angel movie, we fans may have another reason to tune into the WB this fall. A rep at the network confirmed that Angel expat Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia) is indeed guesting on Charmed in the third and fifth episodes of the season, airing Sept. 26 and Oct. 10. She's filming right now, and I'm hoping to speak with her to get the full scoop. For now I can tell you she's playing a demonic seer (no connection to her role on Angel).

According to the rep at the WB, there's a possibility Charisma could end up as a regular, but for now, it's just a guest appearance.

So, let me see...... CC was fired of ATS and they put JM as the new attraction of the show. Now she could be ended being the same for Charmed, a show that was picked up when ATS didn't. Ironic, don't you think?

I know who is the source but, even if it's just a foiler, I'd love to see Joss face when he read that....

V.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:41 PM   #2
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

I'd mention only that the WB also trumpeted CC's return in AtS' 100th as "her first appearance of the season." (Whether or not they knew in advance that it would also be her last is another of those S5 mysteries, but their promotional materials were careful to make it look as if at least she might be back.) I'm not sure I'd accept a Frog flack's recognizance on the issue, but you never know. I'm guessing the fact that they signed CC to two episodes from the get-go indicates that they're holding onto an option for more. I guess we'll see.

Meanwhile, thanks for bringing this over.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:15 PM   #3
rolandro

In the face of YW - the network was being proactive, removing all resistance to Cordy's return from their plate. The WB was all 'open ended' in the offer extended to Charisma Carpenter (Yes, the network does read mail. I'm personally up on this because I wrote a letter that got legs - won't be handed my own Mutant Enemy erasable sharpie any time soon - and followed the fallout.) From what Chrissy said at the time, it was CC telling Jeff Bell, 'we agree on money. Here's your one shot. I'm moving forward from this place. ' Not because CC is some hardass, but because SHE was being proactive as well. Charisma Carpenter was trying to create a new future just like AtS was. The YW shoot was NOT easy from CC's pov. Paraphrasing Darla - the [role of Cordelia] leaves a bitterness. CC got over it the minute she started getting paid to be Serena on Miss Match. . .

. . . and I love that.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:43 AM   #4
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandro
(Yes, the network does read mail. I'm personally up on this because I wrote a letter that got legs - won't be handed my own Mutant Enemy erasable sharpie any time soon - and followed the fallout.)
Really? Wanna share?
Old 08-21-2004, 11:51 AM   #5
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
quote:
More yumminess, though it's hardly an Angel movie,
I hope CC doesn't speak with her.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:06 PM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousedower
I hope CC doesn't speak with her.
I just kinda tune out her interminable self-fingering over Mutant Enemy these days, to the extent that I read her at all.

If Wrongduh kissed ass in a deserted forest, what sound would it make?...
Old 08-21-2004, 01:10 PM   #7
Carolina

Hmm...I thought CC didn't particularly want to do an hour-long series as a regular due to the hours. I mean Donovan's only one and a half. Sure, she did guest spots on hour-longs, but I'd be surprised if she wanted to become a regular. Maybe this is a publicity move. If CC/her publicist let people know (by leaking to Wanda) she's been offered/in contention to be a regular on a successful show, this might help her get better offers and/or the sitcom she wanted.

Quote:
Yes, the network does read mail. I'm personally up on this because I wrote a letter that got legs - won't be handed my own Mutant Enemy erasable sharpie any time soon - and followed the fallout.
Please, Rolandro, do tell...
Old 08-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #8
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina
Hmm...I thought CC didn't particularly want to do an hour-long series as a regular due to the hours.
That's one reason why I think the WB rep in question was spinning a little. But again, I guess we'll find out.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:35 PM   #9
rolandro

Legs as in important? No. Legs as in I got a copy back with circulation stamp indicating which network and ME execs saw it? No. Legs as in it got some exposure and commentary? Yes. And so did a lot of people. I said that not to be self-important, (my importance is self-evident to me). What I should have added was my intended context, which was that in negotiating with CC, Jeff Bell told her that ME and the Frog had been 'inundated' with letters wanting her back on Angel. I remember thinking, "Bell uses the word 'inundate?' Have I ever seen the word 'inundate' used in a comic book dialog balloon before? Color me impressed." And yeah, I like to think that my little bit of inundation contributed to the pressure put on the producers to get her signed and working.

I guess I meant got personally involved. Not that I got personal with ME. And I don't think you can get that from what I was talking about anyway.

Anyway, does this mean that hyperbole is offically banned from Strangers now? Can I go out and play?
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:37 PM   #10
tojoson

maybe the WB rep hadn't even consulted CC before making that statement. maybe joss has poisoned their minds enough so they still believe everyone is falling all over themselves to work for them.

intelligent people must have better hearing, because no matter where it happens, Strangers and Charismatics always recognise the sound of someone kissing ass
Old 08-21-2004, 02:46 PM   #11
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Anyway, does this mean that hyperbole is offically banned from Strangers now?
Probably not, unless it's posted a foiler. Has it posted a foiler?
Old 08-21-2004, 02:57 PM   #12
Bibliophile

I wouldn't be too surprised if she was offered a spot as a regular. Aaron Spelling has a reputation for remembering actors he's worked with and using them in other shows. It's possible he might try to get her signed to Charmed so she'll be available to work on something new of his next season.

What I find confusing is that CC is rumored to be playing an evil character and I can't remember any other evil character that was a regular on Charmed, with the exception of Cole. None of the spoilers I've seen have come right out and said that the Seer is evil, but it seems to be the general consensus that she is.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:24 PM   #13
Platypus
The Pointy End

Hmmm. My gut tells me that there's little chance she'd be signed as a regular, but there's probably a good bet she'll be asked to appear as a recurring character if the seer is tied into whatever passes for a season long arc on Charmed. And maybe that's the best of all worlds for CC - not quite as demanding as a weekly series grind, because she'll get plenty of days off, but keeps her in the public eye. It could well lead to regular series work for the next season.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 03:35 PM   #14
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

God, I hope she doesn't accept...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 03:40 PM   #15
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
Hmmm. My gut tells me that there's little chance she'd be signed as a regular, but there's probably a good bet she'll be asked to appear as a recurring character if the seer is tied into whatever passes for a season long arc on Charmed.
I thought Tojo's opening comment was interesting and perhaps even true: CC may have been brought in to attract new viewers -- and the old AtS audience -- and both the network and the production are willing to extend her role for as long as she's able and willing to commit to it.

At any rate, I look forward with great interest to seeing how they promote her appearances.