Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 08:55 AM   #346
brownsbros3

The only thing about "The Girl In Question" episode that I liked was the secondary plot with Wesley, Illyria, and the Burkles. The Angel/Spike/Buffy stand-in storyline was beyond stupid. Season Five as a whole wasn't all bad, but watching some of the episodes, I couldn't help thinking how much better Cordelia would have made them. I don't if David Boreanaz would ever admit it, but I think Charisma brings out the best in him. James Marsters is a talented actor, but to me just felt out of place on Angel. Wesley, Gunn, and Lorne were wasted throughout the season. I never did understand Mutant Enemy's fascination with Harmony.

As for season four, the only episodes I liked were "Deep Down", "Ground State", "Slouching Toward Bethlehem", "Spin the Bottle", "Awakening", and then the three episode arc with Faith. The rest was just awful. They completely lost focus as to what the show should be about. They deliberately tried to sabotage the Cordelia character, and wound up sabotaging the rest of the show in the process. There were enough gaps in the plotlines to fit a sumo wrestling team through it. The Jasmine arc just bored the crap out of me. The only thing I enjoyed in that arc was Lorne explaining to those people that his heart is in left buttcheek. The thing that just really baffled me was the finale. (Maybe this is just me) Instead of going to Wolfram and Hart, wouldn't it have been more logical for Angel, Wesley, Gunn, Fred, and Lorne to be trying to find Connor and bring back Cordelia?
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:34 PM   #347
tojoson

when Lindsey left town in S-3, he said that you can't beat Wolfrum and Hart by playing their game, you must make them play your's.

so what does the stoop do in the final of S-4 and the whole of S-5, he tries to beat Wolfrum and Hart by playing THEIR game, the exact opposite of what Lindsey told him to do.

i know this was done somewhat on network orders, but i have thought about it, and i can;t think of any successful show where the network started to futz with the premise of the show, and it was still a success afterwards, they aare all worse, when will the networks learn, if you have something good, LEAVE IT ALONE
Old 12-15-2004, 01:12 PM   #348
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

OK, so here is my unpopular opinion. I was watching a bit of last night's eppy on TNT, don't remember the name but I've decided that JB is only a so-so actress. Her Darla is actually pretty 1-D, whiny and just blah. I've never been a Darla fan but I never really had a problem with JB but after watching this and IO I'm not impressed.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:28 PM   #349
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
OK, so here is my unpopular opinion. I was watching a bit of last night's eppy on TNT, don't remember the name but I've decided that JB is only a so-so actress. Her Darla is actually pretty 1-D, whiny and just blah. I've never been a Darla fan but I never really had a problem with JB but after watching this and IO I'm not impressed.

BIG FAT WORD!!! and her voice is annoying,to me.(not a big jb fan)
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 04:50 PM   #350
brownsbros3

Yeah, but she's a hottie.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #351
KarKar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Her Darla is actually pretty 1-D, whiny and just blah. I've never been a Darla fan but I never really had a problem with JB but after watching this and IO I'm not impressed.
But better than on btvs where she was a freakin' placeholder between the vessal and the freaky kid.

There she specialized her nails on chalkboard speech and vapid vamp smile.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:45 PM   #352
brownsbros3

They made much better use of the character on Angel than they did on Buffy. I liked Darla. I thought she was a good character that gave some insight into Angel's past. I hated that they killed her off so many times. I also thought they should have used Drusilla more as well. She cracks me up. I still remember that one scene in season two, where she mooed at Lilah.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:11 PM   #353
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

A little late but I realized something last night that I either never caught before or totally forgot. I was watching a little bit of "Epiphany" while channel surfing and I caught the scene between Angel and Lorne, I forgot that the writers gave Angel a get out of jail free card for the lawyers. That was slated to go down with or without him? I guess that just makes his whole act A-OK?
Old 12-27-2004, 07:13 PM   #354
JoJo

I've been watching S2 on TNT this week. Ah, the good old days! Back when Gunn was smart and self confident, using words such as 'Narcicists' and 'epiphany', back when Wes was a charming, likeable young man, not a crazy, creepy, stalker, back when the show was filled with interesting supporting characters such as Holland, Lilah, Lindsey, Nathan, Drusilla, Kate and Darla, back when the Fang Gang actually gave two s***s about Cordy. Back when the writers kept the characters in character and maintained continuity.

Seriously, the show was so much better then.

Quote:
A little late but I realized something last night that I either never caught before or totally forgot. I was watching a little bit of "Epiphany" while channel surfing and I caught the scene between Angel and Lorne, I forgot that the writers gave Angel a get out of jail free card for the lawyers. That was slated to go down with or without him? I guess that just makes his whole act A-OK?
That bugs me too. There were 13 guests in the wine cellar vs. Darla and Dru. If Angel hadn't locked the door, presumably they would have run out in different directions and at least some should have been able to escape. By locking the doors, Angel condemned all 13 to death.

Also, I had forgotten that W&H tried to kill Cordy to sever Angel's links with TPTB at least twice (Billy and TSILA). So, in Home Angel turns Cordy, the woman he supposedly loves, who's completely helpless, over to the same folks who've tried to kill her in the past because he believed Lilah when she said W&H would do their best to revive her. Does that make sense to anyone?

Last edited by JoJo; 12-27-2004 at 07:21 PM.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:20 PM   #355
brownsbros3

It doesn't make sense, but then again not much of what happened in season four did. I think by then the producers had already made up their minds to not bring Charisma back, and just kind of shoved her into the background.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:17 AM   #356
That*clown

Location: suburban D.C.-supplied with a different breed of demons
I just noticed that the 8:00 AM episode on Valentine's day is "You're Welcome". Awww...

Go, me.
That*clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:22 AM   #357
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by That*clown
I just noticed that the 8:00 AM episode on Valentine's day is "You're Welcome"...
How soon before the indignant whining begins?

If TNT doesn't watch out, all those widdle B/A ers are gonna quit watching.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #358
That*clown

Location: suburban D.C.-supplied with a different breed of demons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne
How soon before the indignant whining begins?

If TNT doesn't watch out, all those widdle B/A ers are gonna quit watching.
Those are not the only indignant whiners who will stop watching.

Go, me.
That*clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 06:18 PM   #359
Linda

Yes, Angel giving Cordy & Connor over to the people who have tried to kill them all and turn him back into Angeleous in the past, can now be trusted to have only good intentions towards Cordy & his son, and he & the rest of the team joining W&H makes perfect sense. NOT. What the hell were the writers thinking, how f...... stupid do they think we are?

Angel pretty much signed either Cordy's death or torture certificate when he gave her to W&H and Connors as well. He went to see Connor once. Did he really think W&H wouldn't take into consideration that he would want to see his son to make sure they had kept their bargain, so gave him a pretty picture to look at and then god only knows what they did to him after that. You can now understand why Connor repeatedly questioned Angel's love for him.

And Cordy, is he so stupid that he can't figure out that she is probably alive somewhere, & god only knows what they're doing to her. Is he so ready to believe that they really couldn't revive her. Has he completely forgotten this is the same company that rebuilt & restaffed the branch that had been completly trashed only a few months ago, the same company that has employees that walk in and out of hell when it suits them, the same company that can bring back a pile of dust into a new soul having Darla, can't revive Cordelia. Can I just say Duh!

The same Angel that was ready to jump into a portal to find Cordy, not knowing or caring what was on the other side, is now handing both the woman he loves & his son over to them. This was such a ridiculous & outlandish plot twist that only the B/A'ers would like it, because now they can get rid of Cordy, not have to worry that Angel & Cordy would get together and keep their pathetic B/A love dreams crap intact.

The one thing I can totally agree with is when Cordy, (possessed) Cordy manipulates Angel by saying Angeleous is smarter than him. This certainly turned out to be true. Angeleous would have known that W&H couldn't be trusted to look after Cordy & Connor, but Angel was such a d...head he just handed them over. He really did show how stupid he can be.
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 06:25 PM   #360
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That*clown
I just noticed that the 8:00 AM episode on Valentine's day is "You're Welcome". Awww...
And that brought a huge ol' smile to my face. Hee!
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote