Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Grimm Season 2

Grimm starts its second season on August 13th. (Did we know that? Taking advantage of the Olympics, I guess.) EW's got a little teaser about what's coming. Doesn't sound like Mom cares for Nick's freinds.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I found out yesterday. Thankfully my DVR knew so it's all set to record the show...since I'll probably forget.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Grimm starts its second season on August 13th. (Did we know that?
I did see that ad last week and was pretty shocked it was starting so early. Maybe there are plans to go on winter hiatus early and put some 13 week show in its spot during the break to test the waters? Or maybe they want to get a jump on all the other Fall shows to build up the audience? IAC, I'm happy to see it back!
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

And now a teaser for the season premiere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I did see that ad last week and was pretty shocked it was starting so early. Maybe there are plans to go on winter hiatus early and put some 13 week show in its spot during the break to test the waters? Or maybe they want to get a jump on all the other Fall shows to build up the audience? IAC, I'm happy to see it back!
As am I. I would guess NBC is trying something radical (for network TV) and embracing that same sort of on-off-back on schedule that cable channels like USA and TNT use.

ETA: Wait, this says Monday's episode is a one-off and the season really starts on Friday, Sep 13. So ominous!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
ETA: Wait, this says Monday's episode is a one-off and the season really starts on Friday, Sep 13. So ominous!
That's odd at IMDb they're saying FutonCritic and TVByTheNumbers have the schedule as Monday's at 10PM for 4 weeks, with reruns airing on Friday's at 9PM and then Grimm moves back to Friday's for it's normal run.

Hmm, that would kind of work with the 9/14 date if they're planning on airing 2 new shows in one week?
Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
That's odd at IMDb they're saying FutonCritic and TVByTheNumbers have the schedule as Monday's at 10PM for 4 weeks, with reruns airing on Friday's at 9PM and then Grimm moves back to Friday's for it's normal run.

Hmm, that would kind of work with the 9/14 date if they're planning on airing 2 new shows in one week?
Actually, TiVo is showing new episodes on Monday as well. Despite the fact that my TiVo is insisting every episode of The Deadliest Catch is new and must be watched to the exclusion of all other shows, I'm inclined to trust TiVo over SyFy. SyFy doesn't even know how to spell SciFi correctly.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I do hate how they're setting Juliette up to forget about the creepy things, but yeah, a really awful lot of stuff just happened.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #8
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
I do hate how they're setting Juliette up to forget about the creepy things, but yeah, a really awful lot of stuff just happened.
So, I'm not quite trusting Nick's mom, especially with the coins. But I am digging her encyclopedic knowledge and ninja stealth walk.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #9
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post
So, I'm not quite trusting Nick's mom, especially with the coins. But I am digging her encyclopedic knowledge and ninja stealth walk.
The lack of trust occurred to me too, but then she did give the coins back and go after sabre-tooth guy, so maybe she's cool. The ninja stuff was neat, but I kept wondering when Nick was going to comment on it. So ultimately, it was distracting. Just me though.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
The lack of trust occurred to me too, but then she did give the coins back and go after sabre-tooth guy, so maybe she's cool. The ninja stuff was neat, but I kept wondering when Nick was going to comment on it. So ultimately, it was distracting. Just me though.
I think they just need an Angel/ Cordy moment where he calls her stalkery or demands she de-lurk.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #11
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post
Yeah, I';m getting shady vibes off of Mama Grimm as well. I'm wondering if she's so obsessed with revenge and/or filled with guilt that she's willing to sacrifice anything and everything...including Nick for it?

I was happy to see the show back, I thought it was a very good start to S2. I liked how it picked up right where S1 left off and that we're getting some answers (how Grimm's work) and insight into the Royal Families and their plans. I also loved the introduction of James Frain's character...can't wait to see more of him in the future.

It doesn't look like The early/post Olympic start has helped Grimm all that much. The show did come back to it's second highest numbers ever (series premiere is the only higher rating).

Grimm 2.0/5 (18-49A) 5.64 Million

Guess we'll have to see how many keep watching next week and what the move back to Friday's does.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #12
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Yeah, I';m getting shady vibes off of Mama Grimm as well. I'm wondering if she's so obsessed with revenge and/or filled with guilt that she's willing to sacrifice anything and everything...including Nick for it?
Maybe all the old-school Grimm's are like that. Aunt Marie seemed overly intense about it too.

Quote:
I also loved the introduction of James Frain's character...can't wait to see more of him in the future.
"I'm on the phone here!"
Old 08-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #13
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Gotta admit, Mom almost had me fooled. I'm also completely hooked on Renard's story. Please don't let that be as lame as "Who are you?"
Old 08-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #14
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

This Monday night thing just isn't working for me..it ends up on my DVR and then I have to find time to watch it. LOL
Quote:
SamIAm Said
Gotta admit, Mom almost had me fooled.
I really enjoyed the second episode and Mama Grimm almost had me fooled as well. I'm really curious to see what her deal is. Is she just after revenge? Did she set her friend up to die in her place? Is she working for someone?

I adore the budding Monroe/Rosalee romance, they're quite cute together.

Quote:
I'm also completely hooked on Renard's story.
As am I and I hope that with the back story we just got (royal bastard, half Hexenbeist, etc) and the introduction of his brother, that we're going to spend the season getting to know all about Renard.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
This Monday night thing just isn't working for me..it ends up on my DVR and then I have to find time to watch it. LOL
Heh. It'll be back on Friday soon.

Quote:
I really enjoyed the second episode and Mama Grimm almost had me fooled as well. I'm really curious to see what her deal is. Is she just after revenge? Did she set her friend up to die in her place? Is she working for someone?
Yeah, I'd hoped we'd see more of what motivates Mom too, but I've heard Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio isn't due back for a while, if ever. Though I suspect she will be back at least to resolve the coins.

Quote:
I adore the budding Monroe/Rosalee romance, they're quite cute together.
I'd watch a series with Monroe and Rosalee as leads. They could run that apothecary shop by day and solve crimes by night; whatever. It'd just be cool.