Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 04:15 PM   #31
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by September
If Smallville fails it will be because (IMO) it's totally crap.
Gotta agree.

Some SV fans keep trying to blame the competition for the shows ratings woes. But, the way I see it, if the show hadn't been sucking so hard, they wouldn't have lost over 2 million viewers in season four. I mean, when the season started, it was going up against LOST, and doing well in the ratings, so it wasn't like SV fans dropped SV solely because LOST was on at the same time. No, if a lot of SV fans switched channels to LOST (or other shows) SV had it's own suckiness to blame.

I know it sounds like I'm not a fan, but I actually am. I see how great the show can be (and has been on a couple of occasions), and it ticks me off that the PTB don't seem to care enough to make it that good. In fact, they seem perfectly happy with mediocre. And, reading some of the producers and writers interviews, you really get the sense they don't think the viewer wants or expects more than that.

I'm trying to be optimistic about season five, but I was optimistic about season four, only to watch it crash and burn (due largely to a combination of sloppiness, laziness, and the suckiest continuity I can remember seeing on a TV show). So, instead of getting my hopes up, I'll just wait and see.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:18 PM   #32
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by September
If Smallville fails it will be because (IMO) it's totally crap. I'm sorry to say this as I once thought it was a fun show, but given the things I just found out about last season on the Smallville thread, the universe would be a better place if it disappeared from our screens.
Yea, I with on that. Everything seem to go down hill, IMO was in the middle of Season 3. I was hearing alot of things, about Al and Millar. Saying they didn't care really care about Smallville after Season 2. But wanted to do movies like, Iron man and other things.

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:11 AM   #33
silveragent

ITA Sep. I loved SV S1-2, thought even S3 had greatness with Chris Reeve which brought tears to my eyes. However I dumped SV S4 right away because I couldn't deal with the crap on the screen, and I've never looked back.

Witchy-poo Lana with "Chosen One" powers? OMG badness.

With all the DC characters and situations, SV keeps bringing back the Kryptonite Freak of the Week, which got old fast. Jeez.
silveragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:20 AM   #34
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveragent
Witchy-poo Lana with "Chosen One" powers? OMG badness.
I swear, when they called Lana "the Chosen One", I very nearly gagged. I mean, pu-lease. Enough already!

Since they ended the witch storyline (pretty abruptly, but at least it's over) I'm kinda hoping this whole "Chosen One" business is over, too. But I don't trust the AlMiles as far as I could throw them, to be honest.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:42 AM   #35
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveragent
However I dumped SV S4 right away because I couldn't deal with the crap on the screen, and I've never looked back.
Well, there were some episodes that were great, like "Run" or "Crusade" and some others. But, most of the episodes, were just not as good as the previous Seasons.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:54 PM   #36
KarKar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue
Since they ended the witch storyline (pretty abruptly, but at least it's over) I'm kinda hoping this whole "Chosen One" business is over, too.
You'd think they'd have heard just about the entire fandom retching over it, but hey, they think it's great. They also think KK's a talented actress, which, I won't touch. There's no way that they'd let us off the hook w/ this Chosen One crap. If only to debunk it.

Now any guesses as to who else they'll crossover from the comics this season?
Old 07-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #37
Silly Gilly
RamRod

I have to know, has Clark lost his virginity yet or gotten anyone pregnant? I want to know if Brodie's theory from Mallrats is true or not. Spoiler font because it's kinda crude and really has nothing to do with this show specifically but in a broad Supermanish way. Kinda.

Brodie: It's impossible, Lois could never have Superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle the sperm? I guarantee you he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back. What about her womb? Do you think it's strong enough to carry her child?
T.S. Quint: Sure, why not?
Brodie: He's an alien, for Christ sake. His Kyrptonian biological makeup is enhanced by earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan the kid could kick right through her stomach. Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom. But that would kill him.

But anyway, Wopat is coming back to t.v.! I didn't watch when Christopher Reeve or Margot Kidder made appearances but Wopat was one of my first t.v. crushes so I have to watch out of respect.
Silly Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:46 PM   #38
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Well, about Joss calling James, it wasn't about a Spike movie I guess...

http://www.slayerverse.org/tanet/net...s.php&id=24717

Old 08-08-2005, 10:05 AM   #39
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Info on James in Smallville.....

http://www.slayerverse.org/tanet/net...s.php&id=24828