Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2003, 06:22 PM   #91
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by KarKar
My VCR kind of had conniptions. Just ask PC who's been kindly giving me the Big O updates.
Trah.

And this leaves me an opening for another random plug: Dudes. DUDES. The Big O. Sunday nights, 11/10 Central. The Cartoon Network. It's more Angel than Angel. This season, literally. Join us. Jooooooiiiin uuuussssss....
Old 10-16-2003, 08:06 PM   #92
Florrie
I want it all for me...

Quote:
I just got the DVD's though and can email you new documents if you'd like for S1.
Yes, please

But only if you have time (and all those polite, meaningless mumblings.)
Florrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 08:09 PM   #93
Bullocks
holding onto hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
Trah.

And this leaves me an opening for another random plug: Dudes. DUDES. The Big O. Sunday nights, 11/10 Central. The Cartoon Network. It's more Angel than Angel. This season, literally. Join us. Jooooooiiiin uuuussssss....
To quote my best friend, "Dude, what is the Big 'O' what did I miss out on some new sexual position or something?"

Cause really, I wanna know what it is. Is it coming on this Sunday night? Cause honestly, if I wanna see it, this is the weekend for me to do it, cause my roommate's left town and I get free reign over tv. No more Olsen twins!!! *laughs fanatically*

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 11:42 PM   #94
KarKar

Quote:
Originally posted by Bullocks
To quote my best friend, "Dude, what is the Big 'O' what did I miss out on some new sexual position or something?"

Cause really, I wanna know what it is. Is it coming on this Sunday night? Cause honestly, if I wanna see it, this is the weekend for me to do it, cause my roommate's left town and I get free reign over tv. No more Olsen twins!!! *laughs fanatically*
It's an anime on Cartoon Network by the same team that does Cowboy Bebop and Batman Beyond. That said, it does have the jazzy, moody feel of CB and the clean, minimal lines of BB with a big side of Goth.

Originally they only ran 13 episodes ending with a cliffhanger and poeple HOWLED. Based on the response, CN put up the money for another season. It's currently one of the best if not THE best rated show on the Sunday night schedule.

Check out these links:

http://www.paradigm-city.com/

http://www.mokuzen.net/roger/

http://www.rdorothywayneright.com/

http://www.animejump.com/index.php but the boards are temporarily down

http://adultswimunleashed.com/info/bigoshows.html

http://www.adultswim.com/
Old 10-17-2003, 12:06 AM   #95
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Wow. Kar has links!

You might also want to check out the Adult Swim thread in General. Kar and I have our weekly Big O gab in there. (Warning: spoilerrific.)
Old 10-18-2003, 01:48 AM   #96
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

*bink*

Found another site to add to Kar's list:

Christmas Tree 1, Giant Mecha 0

It's pretty sweet.

(And I'll just let this thread return to on-topicness at this point.)
Old 10-24-2003, 04:21 PM   #97
LaLa247
Wooo!

"War Zone" is airing now, and the demon brothel still makes me giggle, as well as Cordy's various reactions towards David Nabbit ("I was flustered!").

And am I the only one who found this face:

-really cute? I just remember the first time I saw the ep and he did that smirk, and I just thought how cool it was that he was smirking. LOL I dunno...
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 04:59 PM   #98
Darla
I'm just visiting...

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
And am I the only one who found this face: -really cute? I just remember the first time I saw the ep and he did that smirk, and I just thought how cool it was that he was smirking. LOL I dunno...
Haven't seen that ep in ages... but I just clicked on this thread, saw the pic and started squealing. LOL! SO CUTE! It looks... goofy. Early signs of Dork!Angel, I assume.
Darla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 05:15 PM   #99
KarKar

And touching! Lots of touching! Not to mention that weirdly endearing scene up front re: Angel playing around with Cordelia's head by leaving money around.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:22 PM   #100
DamnSkippy

Can someone who's good at analyzing structure and meanings of a show tell me what purpose the scene in the park with Cordy and Wes talking about prostituting herself to Nabbit served? I like the scene, but it seems odd to be there and I don't see how it relates to the episode.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 05:24 PM   #101
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Not to mention that weirdly endearing scene up front re: Angel playing around with Cordelia's head by leaving money around.
Angel's giddy, wide smile is what makes that scene for me. It's so cute, and it's a sign that he likes seeing Cordy go a bit kooky over the dough. Very cute (Although, I wished we coulda seen Cordy searching for the money and Angel giggling or whatever the hell he would do in one ep...).

ETA: The only purpose the prostitution scene served (in my opinion) is to show that Cordy misses her old lifestyle, but is ultimately happy where she is. Even though she's poor. And possibly unhappy. And...yeah.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 05:36 PM   #102
KarKar

Quote:
ETA: The only purpose the prostitution scene served (in my opinion) is to show that Cordy misses her old lifestyle, but is ultimately happy where she is. Even though she's poor. And possibly unhappy. And...yeah.
I think that it was also to point to her changing priorities. In Sunnydale snagging a rich guy was very important to her.

Here she's given a golden opportunity to nab a billionaire who's taken with her and could make life easy for her. No one little apartments, buying things on sale, etc. Things could've been even more opulant than with her parents.

However as an adult and someone who is realizing that there are other things in life than comfort, she's deciding instead to stay in the trenches, meat lockers (love that little exchange between them), etc. with Angel making a difference.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:59 PM   #103
Angelia

Quote:
(Although, I wished we coulda seen Cordy searching for the money and Angel giggling or whatever the hell he would do in one ep...).
Someone actually wrote a short fic called The Search is On where that kinda happens. I thought it was cute.

Watching these eps again after so long I realized I missed alot of things the first time around, like that smirk Angel gives in that pic you posted LaLa. I love that entire first scene with all three of them at David Nabbit's party. Watching Wes trying all the appetizers reminds me of the party scene in "She". I also love the part where Cordy's patching Angel up and asks if he wants to see the check again and later before he leaves he says he does.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Angelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 09:40 AM   #104
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I thought the "Cordy patching up Angel" scenes didn't start until season 2, except for the one in "City Of". So I squealed like a little girl when I saw it in "War Zone". And, of course, Cordy was so worried about him. Every time he winced, she winced. So sweet.

And, again, we get the "Angel smilin/grinning at Cordy because she's just so darned cute/adorable/endearing/beautiful" moment. Gotta love those. I've read fanfic written back then, and so many fic writers seemed convinced Angel was annoyed at her most of the time, that the sound of her voice got on his nerves, and that he only tolerated her because he didn't think she could survive on her own? What show were they watchin? It's obvious Angel cared about her, and enjoyed being around her.

And I'm still surprised by how much they interracted that first season. Even back then, they were having thier little talks, and Cordy was trying to help him open up.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:33 AM   #105
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

First, I'll whine about how I haven't seen TSILA since it last aired, in repeats, on the WB before season 2 premiered. I remembered thinking about taping it, but I will still all, "You gotta be pretty obsessive to tape a TV show," so I didn't. For which I spent the next 3 years kicking myself.

In "To Shanshu in LA", for the first time, we have the classic, "Angel freaks out because Cordy's in trouble" scene. I mean, we got some mild freakage in "Expecting". (How many bosses break into their employee's homes because they are a little late?) But this was the panic-freakage that became so familiar in later seasons.

And, of course, the classic hospital scene. The one that launched a thousand (or more) C/A 'shippers. Well, except me, because I was still in denial at the time. But I remember my heart doing that warm, clenchy thing even back then, and it was no different now.

And when Cordy woke up, and Angel looked so happy and relieved. And in her apartment, when she gave him his blood and told him he shouldn't be embarrassed to drink in front of her and Wes. (I love the thumbs up she gave him when he took the cup.) Basically, there were scads of wonderful "Awwww" moments.

Finally, I'm liking Lindsey more the second time around. Back then, I pretty much wrote him off like Angel did. But, now, I want to take him, shake him, and say, "Look, baby doll. This isn't for you, no matter how evil you try to tell yourself you are."

And here's a trivia question? Exactly how many, "Angel at Cordy's bedside" scenes have there been anyway?