Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #16
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

In the early, I think David was afraid that he was going to lose his job because he thought he wouldn't land another important role (he was proved wrong by the steadily growing 'Bones') and so he said whatever the show dictated him to. I personally don't think Joss Whedon was against C/A, but he probably cowered in the face of a B/A fans uprise. It was all mayhem and stuff. There was a wall between C/A and the role of main couple, and that wall was the lingering memories of B/A.

Now, I've talked to B/A fans, they are more fanatic than religious cults. That says something.
bigbird811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #17
samsmom

Well, luckily, not all b/a fans are nutters.

And Joss Whedon, despite his idiot quote about fans coming after him with pitchforks over C/A, has never let the fans decide a storyline. Otherwise, Tara would still be alive, and ConCord would have been just a bad dream Angel had after getting knocked on his ass by the Beast. C/A happened to serve a story line he wanted to tell, until CC exercised her human right to get pregnant whenever she damned well pleased and he trashed her character in response like a spoiled brat who couldn't get his way.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #18
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

I personally think that Joss saw what we all saw in C/A. It was there, whether he wrote it or not. I don't believe it was planned, but then when it emerged, he went with it. Which is why I think he got the whole idea of Evil!Cordy - a mirror of BTVS Season 2, with Angel as the good guy instead of the bad guy.

Where it all went 'wrong' was Charisma getting pregnant.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending the man, and I certainly don't approve of his actions. But he was pretty darn good at his job (In the way Hitler was an efficient dictator and probably got all the gongs at the Annual Dickhead Awards).

To a point.

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:18 PM   #19
Kit

A little OT but still related....

Spoilers for another show's storyline currently airing... the actress who played Dr. Sara (Wentworth's love interest) on Prison Break was recently let go after giving birth to her first child. Apparently, there was a long negatiation. She thought she was promised full time, they wanted her to come back to kill the character...and she refused to come back for her character to be killed...anyway...they (spoiler) decapitated her character in the end. Anyway, it just totally reminded me of how CC was let go. To think we're in the year 2007 and women are STILL be mistreated that way...sad, non?

Edited to add: Don't want to be all paranoid but the conspiracy theorist in me is wondering if this is a FOX thing.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #20
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Anyway, it just totally reminded me of how CC was let go. To think we're in the year 2007 and women are STILL be mistreated that way...sad, non?

Edited to add: Don't want to be all paranoid but the conspiracy theorist in me is wondering if this is a FOX thing.
Bloomberg LP is notorious for this type of thing, I believe there's 4 sexual discrimination law-suits against them. Very sad in this day and age.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #21
Emmangel
Administrator

Can we please watch our spoiler comments please!

I know the episodeic spoilery stuff was in spoiler font, but enough was said before that which gave away a very clear idea of that story thread ending, and I'm now spoiled for it.

I've edited the post and put the rest under the cut to stop this from happening to anyone else.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #22
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
Well, luckily, not all b/a fans are nutters.

And Joss Whedon, despite his idiot quote about fans coming after him with pitchforks over C/A, has never let the fans decide a storyline. Otherwise, Tara would still be alive, and ConCord would have been just a bad dream Angel had after getting knocked on his ass by the Beast. C/A happened to serve a story line he wanted to tell, until CC exercised her human right to get pregnant whenever she damned well pleased and he trashed her character in response like a spoiled brat who couldn't get his way.
Truer words were never spoken.

What a f***tard.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #23
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee View Post
Yeah James would do the same thing. It was always B/A Forever until his recent con. He is finally starting to say what he thinks and he believes Spuffy could have worked out possibly. Anyway what the actors say doesn't matter cause we saw Cangel onscreen and that's what True Love is all about. Nothing anybody can say will change my mind. They do their jobs and get paid they don't care about the shipper wars.
Actually at a recent convention James compared a prison sentence to being with Buffy and his answer was they both stick with you I guess he doesn't want Spike and Buffy to get together who would because it basically was a prison sentence for any of Buffy's boyfriends especially Angel and Spike.

As For Angel and Cordy as fun as it would of been I simply can't see it working for the simple fact that when it came to the men in Cordy's life she was kind of clueless I mean she just realise that she loved Doyle right before his death and loved Angel right before her's she really did have bad timing didn't she.

Stupid writters at ME. this is for you Joss you dumb ass.

Last edited by LordKain; 10-12-2007 at 02:03 AM.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #24
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
Stupid writters
There's irony for you...

Sorry! Couldnt resist making the joke!

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:56 AM   #25
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
There's irony for you...

Sorry! Couldnt resist making the joke!
Hey, I laughed.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:44 AM   #26
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella View Post
Hey, I laughed.
looking at it now I don't think they would of worked out for the simple fact that Cordy was a huge bitch to Angel in Season 2 I mean when he fired the gang he was only looking out for there best interests because he knew he was in a war with W&H the only problem was Angel's team was to niave in inocent at the time to really see things from Angel's point of view this one of off many reasons the show was never a huge success because everyone except Angel was a gullible, naive idiot I mean Angel knew what he had to do he just didn't have the balls to follow through with it which was to blow up W&H with the lawyers and there clients still inside of it.

Not to mention that they left Angel tired to his bed in Eternity when it wasn't even his fault that he morphed into Angelus with friends like thay who needs enermies.

Personally I have always been more of an Angel/Faith shipper then Cordy and Angel one sorry guys and girls I'am can't help it don't kill me.

But hey who am I to say what should of been done I mean Joss gives us what we need not what we want right.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:29 AM   #27
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Personally I have always been more of an Angel/Faith shipper then Cordy and Angel one sorry guys and girls I'am can't help it don't kill me.
I'm not killing you, but I have to ask why you are *here*? This is a Cordy/Angel, Charisma/Cordy centric board. You are an Angel/Faith and a Boreanaz/Angel fan. Not really seeing the connection except to possibly stir up problems by saying things like...

Quote:
Cordy was a huge bitch
Quote:
with friends like thay who needs enermies
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #28
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I'm not killing you, but I have to ask why you are *here*?
Looking for a megaphone, I suspect.

I should just say "Hitler" right now, and then we be ded fr0m Godwin's Law. But this thread actually has gotten kind of funny.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:46 AM   #29
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I'm not killing you, but I have to ask why you are *here*? This is a Cordy/Angel, Charisma/Cordy centric board. You are an Angel/Faith and a Boreanaz/Angel fan. Not really seeing the connection except to possibly stir up problems by saying things like...

Because I love and respect Charisma's work on Angel thats why I'am here and was pissed at what Joss and the rest of those jackass writters did to her character as well as herself in general although I won't lie I 'am a way bigger David Boreanaz fan as well as an Angel fan them I'am a Charisma Carpenter or a Cordy fan but that does mean she isn't in my top 5 characters.

Even though I said she was a bitch and she was but with a heart underneath it all and all that she some times was very fickle but as far as a character goes she was a nice person at heart just alittle to gullible not to mention niave for her to be one of my favorite characters.

But looking back at it now who really cares we're all moved on right?

So have the actors as well.

Last edited by LordKain; 10-12-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #30
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
But looking back at it now who really cares we're all moved on right?
I'm not even gonna touch this one...