Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #31
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

This came to me and it worries me....

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/03/21/123437.php

Quote:
As for celebrities, Charisma Carpenter from Buffy and Angel appeared to sign autographs, but 2006 is apparently the year where Buffyverse fandom has finally hit a wall since her booth was a ghost town, causing her to leave within about 20 minutes. A few other players from Angel were appearing in another booth, but didn't look to be faring much better.

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:21 PM   #32
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface

Awww. That sucks.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:16 PM   #33
v120176

Reporters from fans didn't say that at all!

From tearcherdarling http://www.boosterevents.com/Default...g=posts&t=1778

Quote:
we went to meet Charisma Carpenter and get photo ops there, she was very professional, and seemed to like the fact that there were so many girls there to see her . I asked her if she would be in any more VM episodes and she said she shot 10 epis and believes they have only shown 7 of those, I also asked her which was her favorite show to have worked in out of Buffy, Angel, or VM and she said Angel.
Also some photos of her...

I read that there was a problem with the printer machine of CC's booth. And she was kinda pissed off about that (see the second quote)
Here's the thread: http://www.boosterevents.com/Default...g=posts&t=1773

From Caitlin1015 :
Quote:
I went to Wizard World was to take a photo op with Charisma Carpenter. All was great at first, I was one of the first people in the photo op line (I arrived sometime before 1:30 and pictures started at 2:00). When I got up to her I instinctually gave her a big hug, I really don't no where that come from, lol. Then the photographer started printing photographs right away, however, the printer started having problems. So I roamed around the exhibits, checking back every 15 minutes or so to see if my photo had been printed yet. ........ (she talks about going to another pannel)...I then left the panel an hour early (at 4:30) to check on my photo op. Well, when I got to the booth I asked how the photos were coming along and I was told that all of them had been printed. Guess whose picture wasn't there!! Yes, mine. So then a lady from the booth called the photographer and said there was another missing photo op. Apparently, some over zealous fan had bumped the camera and 10 or so of the picture files were lost. While I was in the Kevin Smith panel, retakes for those missing pictures were going on. So by the time I got there Charisma was already in her car. One of the staff members started taking me to her car in an attempt to get a retake, however, security wouldn't let me back there. So he went and tried to get her to come back in, but it was too late. ...
So, this girl it's saying that started at 2 p.m. and following the timeline she's saying, CC left the booth around 5 p.m. (the Conference closed at 6, the celebrities left before that)
Another post about the same thread

From the same thread

Sarahlawm
Quote:
I was lucky in that I was still standing there while waiting for my photo when Charisma started to leave, and she would not leave until they found mine and printed it, which I thought was extremely cool of her. I think she was actually rather annoyed with them because she was very demanding in it "I want to see thier picture right now so I know it turned out." I think she took a liking to my little one because she was wearing a shirt with Cordy on it.
I did get a really good photo of just Charisma that she stopped and posed for my daughter while she was signing autos (even though she wasn't supposed to)
So, seem that it was a big mess there and not like this guy said, if not, I think the the fans that were there would have said it the absence of public. And also she left after three hours like the others, not "20 minutes"... And, they had to do several retakes of the missing pictures and wait a lot for the pcitures they took, the people was coming and going all the time there... I think, and I'm being nice, that this man is a little "confused" about when CC leave and about what happened there...
So, don't worry guys, there Were fans there.
I think Rachelle from here and Oasis was there too....

ETA: if someone post that report, please link that board's thread because the BTVS and ATS fans were there for the actors, not like this man said.

Last edited by v120176; 03-21-2006 at 06:45 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:07 PM   #34
nodakskip

Old 03-21-2006, 11:38 PM   #35
Rachelle

Quote:

I don't think that writer was there for long! She was there kinda early, but then left right away to go get lunch.

She was there with a line for both autographs & photos! She had the best turn out at the Las Vegas booths. Andy Hallet was right behind on fanbase.

Stoopid article!
"I will stay on Buffy if, and only if, Buffy stays on the WB. And you know what? Print that. My bosses are going to kill me, but print that. I want them to know... The WB has been so supportive, such a great network over the past four years. It feels like home. I don't want the show to move, because I feel that we belong on the WB. It's where our fans are. If Buffy leaves the WB, I'm out." -Sarah Michelle Geller. ** Does anyone have a time machine?
Rachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:24 AM   #36
v120176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelle
I don't think that writer was there for long! She was there kinda early, but then left right away to go get lunch.

She was there with a line for both autographs & photos! She had the best turn out at the Las Vegas booths. Andy Hallet was right behind on fanbase.

Stoopid article!
Thanks!
Nothing that I read about (because also my brother is a comic fan and he wanted to read things about the comics, so he and I searched for fan comments/reports of the convention) said that!
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:59 AM   #37
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
From tearcherdarling http://www.boosterevents.com/Default...g=posts&t=1778

Also some photos of her...

I read that there was a problem with the printer machine of CC's booth. And she was kinda pissed off about that (see the second quote)
Here's the thread: http://www.boosterevents.com/Default...g=posts&t=1773

From Caitlin1015 :

So, this girl it's saying that started at 2 p.m. and following the timeline she's saying, CC left the booth around 5 p.m. (the Conference closed at 6, the celebrities left before that)
Another post about the same thread

From the same thread

Sarahlawm

So, seem that it was a big mess there and not like this guy said, if not, I think the the fans that were there would have said it the absence of public. And also she left after three hours like the others, not "20 minutes"... And, they had to do several retakes of the missing pictures and wait a lot for the pcitures they took, the people was coming and going all the time there... I think, and I'm being nice, that this man is a little "confused" about when CC leave and about what happened there...
So, don't worry guys, there Were fans there.
I think Rachelle from here and Oasis was there too....

ETA: if someone post that report, please link that board's thread because the BTVS and ATS fans were there for the actors, not like this man said.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelle

Stoopid article!
Phew! That's a BIG relief! Stupid article indeed. Thanks for the info Rach and V.

ETA: @ nodakskip: Thanks for the pic. And that pic of CC signing from her car(?) is fucking awesome. Goes to show you how generous and lovely CC really is.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel

Last edited by Shadow4Corangela; 03-22-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:37 AM   #38
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Another alternate POV to the "stoopid article" on ifMagazine.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifMagazine.com
...and Charisma Carpenter (BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, VERONICA MARS) caused quite the traffic pile up in the booth on Saturday.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #39
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

I have just received my autograph picture from Las Vegas Autographs, and it looks awesome!!!! And she presonalized it!!!

Sorry, I'm just giddy about it... Wished I was there in person...

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Old 03-24-2006, 06:29 PM   #40
nodakskip

Quote:
I have just received my autograph picture from Las Vegas Autographs, and it looks awesome!!!! And she presonalized it!!!

Cool I should get mine tomarrow then. How did she do it? Just sign to the name that was on the card paying for it? I never saw anything to fill out for a name.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:26 PM   #41
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Quote:

Any chance of a pic Freakface?

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #42
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip
Cool I should get mine tomarrow then. How did she do it? Just sign to the name that was on the card paying for it? I never saw anything to fill out for a name.
When I sent my money order to LVA, I asked if she can personalize it. LVA replied that they will try to do that. Thankfully, she did presonalized it. It is now framed on the wall next to the life mask of Charisma I bought on eBay.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:18 PM   #43
nodakskip

Quote:
When I sent my money order to LVA, I asked if she can personalize it. LVA replied that they will try to do that. Thankfully, she did presonalized it. It is now framed on the wall next to the life mask of Charisma I bought on eBay.
Cool I think she would personilze it if she can. Its been said she tries to do that then just a normal sig. And my name is on the website so I'll have to wait and see. Did they send a pic of her at the signing to?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:23 PM   #44
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip
Cool I think she would personilze it if she can. Its been said she tries to do that then just a normal sig. And my name is on the website so I'll have to wait and see. Did they send a pic of her at the signing to?
They just sent me a couple pics of her signing in her car...

Last edited by Freakface; 03-25-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:35 PM   #45
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Here are the pics they sent with my auto pic. Looks like she has the same bad habit I have: working in the car.