Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > General
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

The Sims 1, 2 and 3

The Sims always sounded interesting. But I gave Sims 1 and Sims 2 a try, and just never got into them. Really, the only thing that really interested me about the game was when folks would create Sims versions of TV characters, then report on what they were doing. (I remember one where Sim!Sam was getting his heart broken by Sim!Lex, while Sim!Dean was dating Sim!Chloe.)

Then the Sims 3 came out. I expected to try it and not be interested, just like before. But that sucker hooked me. And, from what I hear, it's much improved from the two previous versions, which might be why. Right now, I'm waiting semi-patiently for the release of the Sims 3: Late Night expansion pack, and trying to figure out where I'll be able to get the best deal on it when it's finally out in October.

The fact that Late Night will have vampires might have something to do with my excitement. And they aren't going to be the cartoonish vampires Sims 2 players describe. They are going to be more realistic. And sex-ay.

The new city setting also looks awesome. I've seen some preview video of it "in game," and it looks stunningly realistic.

Take a look at this trailer.

Sims 3: Late Night Trailer

Anyway, any Sims players here, past or present? And anyone here playing Sims 3?
Old 09-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Livvie
nutcase

SIMS addict here and I know of at least one other person here who is as well. LOL

I got SIMS 3 for my husband last Christmas but I haven't installed it yet because I'm worried. I'm doing grad school and my time is already so thin, I know how I get with those games.

In every version of the SIMS I ever had, I always had Angel and Cordelia as my primary family. LOL In my SIMS2 game, if I click off them for even a second, they are off "woohooing" instead of say making dinner for their kids. Honest to god, I died laughing the first few times it happened. They can't keep their hands off each other!

I go through phases where I play it nonstop for like a month and then I forget about it for a year only to come back and get all obsessed again. I have to admit, the idea of sexay vampires does appeal to me though. Maybe over Thanksgiving break...
Old 09-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
I got SIMS 3 for my husband last Christmas but I haven't installed it yet because I'm worried. I'm doing grad school and my time is already so thin, I know how I get with those games.
Yeah, you probably shouldn't start until you've got plenty of free time. I can't count the number of times I've told myself I was only going to play for an hour. But it's hard to stop when your Sim is "this close" to giving birth, or realizing their lifelong dream of becoming a rockstar. Although I cooled off a little once I'd gotten the chance to play around with it quite a bit.

Quote:
In every version of the SIMS I ever had, I always had Angel and Cordelia as my primary family. LOL In my SIMS2 game, if I click off them for even a second, they are off "woohooing" instead of say making dinner for their kids. Honest to god, I died laughing the first few times it happened. They can't keep their hands off each other!
That sounds awesome!

Last edited by Dannyblue; 09-19-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Dannyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
Livvie
nutcase

I am so going to dig myself into a bigger, nerdier hole here but what the hell. LOL

Yes, pictures of my SIMS. For some reason, the screenshot while in game and the video functions, I haven't gotten a hang of them. So you get load screen pics.

The Chase Family at the start. Little Connor, their Irish Wolfhound Molly. And of course, Cordelia is pregnant again because Angel can't keep his hands off her.

The Chase Family with Cordelia, Angel, Connor, Molly, and baby Elizabeth

The Chase Family with Cordelia, Angel, Connor, Molly, Elizabeth, and baby George

And the last time I played them with Cordelia, Angel, Connor, Molly, Elizabeth, George, and baby Doyle.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
I am so going to dig myself into a bigger, nerdier hole here but what the hell. LOL

Yes, pictures of my SIMS.
Aw, you're making me want to do a "Chase Family" now. And take plenty of pictures in-game to share. And I love Sim!Angel's coat.

Last edited by Dannyblue; 09-20-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Dannyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Livvie
nutcase

I -think- I pulled both Angel and Cordy off The Sims Resource or one of those other SIMS sites (I belong to a lot so I can't keep them all straight). I haven't checked if anyone has made C/A skins for Sims3 but I imagine they have. Or a Booth skin at the very least. I might have to check.

You should totally do it. It's so much fun. Like awesome real life fanfic. Especially when they can't stop woohooing. I mean, look at Cordy, she's always kissing Angel! LOL
Old 09-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I decided to try my hand at making my own "Chase Family." Making Sims to look like real people isn't my thing, but this was too good not to try. And I couldn't find any ready-made. Although I maybe didn't look as hard as I could have. I think a part of me wanted to try it myself.

I decided to go for the season 2/3 look for both of them. And nothing is set in stone. I'll probably do some tweaking, and changing of outfits.

Cordelia
Cordy Closeup
Cordy Dressed for a Night Out
Angel
Angel Closeup

Now, what will they do for a living? Angel would seem like a natural for the Private Investigator or Ghost Hunter careers. Only the ghost hunter has to wear Ghostbuster style coveralls (and I can't see Angel being happy about that), and the P.I. has to talk to lots of people while working cases.

Cordy would seem like a natural for the Stylist career. But I'm thinking of having her pursue her secret, lifelong dream of becoming a romance novelist.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
Livvie
nutcase

I suuuuuuuuuuck at having them look like real people which is why I always use pre-mades. Total props to you. They came out great.

Me, I'm so bad but I used the motherload cheat on SIMS2 so they didn't have to work. I made up a story in my head about how David Nabbit gave them all this money as a gift when they got married. So basically that is why they keep breeding and woohooing, because they don't need to have jobs. LOL

That is a tough career choice to make. Man. Angel will just have to suck up the overalls I think. I mean, he did wear that ridic Hawaiian shirt when he was Herb Sanders. LOL

ETA: I just randomly found this site: http://whedonsims.wordpress.com/ Their Angel looks like yours, DB. (I think yours is better though!) I'm not a big fan of their Cordelias. The Faith looks more like Cordy than the Cordy does.

Last edited by Livvie; 09-22-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Livvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
I just randomly found this site: http://whedonsims.wordpress.com/
I didn't even know such a site existed, although I shouldn't be surprised. You can find Sim sites for just about everything. Although I tend to focus on finding awesome houses.

And I've been trying to find time to start up my Chase family. Part of the problem is that I still can't decide what they should do for a living. For example, I love the Firefighter Career. (I get a little thrill when the truck is racing across town, sirens blaring.) So maybe I'll have Angel do that. But, darn, imagining Angel dressed as a fireman just seems odd.

I don't know about using money cheats. I really like starting my Sims off with the little bit they're given, and helping them build a fortune. But I might use motherlode so the Chase's will have more time to...do whatever it is they decide to do.