Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2005, 09:45 PM   #8
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
You know, I read somewhere that as famous of an architech as Frank Loyd Wright is, his houses are very hard to sell. I'm not sure why. If I had the money, I'd buy one of his houses, they're cool.
I don't know why the houses are hard to sell but I do know that while the man was genius alot of times his idea of "form" got in the way of "function". My "hometown" has many of his works including the Johnson Wax Admin building.

The columns were fluted and expand outward to resemble waterlilies and the bottom of a pond looking up...and while it's gorgeous and brilliant (aside: Every school kid here took tours of JWax and the Golden Rondelle at one time or another), they supposedly have leaked like a sieve because of a design flaw since the first time it rained and I don't think they've ever found a way to completely fix the problem.

It's probably one of the reasons that many of the main administrative buildings have moved to a new facility inspired by FLW but not created by him.

If the "Crawford Street Mansion" has fundimental design flaws that make it a neverending money pit, it's likely why no one has been willing to take it on even as a piece of history.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara

Last edited by Prima; 07-14-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote