Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #16
Emmangel
Administrator

Ah well, didn't realise that. LOL.

Whatever time of the year it is though, you can count me in as being interested.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:33 PM   #17
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

I'd probably go to a Galveston Stranger Con. Since I'm here in Houston. I've never rented a condo down there before (We usually opt for the Galvez) but it sounds like fun.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:50 PM   #18
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

I should stop hijacking the D*C thread, but I'll start looking into doing something for Mardi Gras 2007. I'll find the best three- or four-day stretch where we could take in the marquee events and see how many people can commit to all or part of it. In a separate thread!

Now returning you to Hotlanta talk. You guys HAVE to bring back pictures from the Traditional Obligatory Trader Vic's Field Trip this time.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:31 PM   #19
Emmangel
Administrator

I don't think we did TV's last time, I think we all just ended up in the Champions Lounge or down in the Atrium eating cheesecake at 2am! LOL

I seriously hope it's cooler over there than here though, hitting 100 degrees every day just isn't any kind of fun.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:07 PM   #20
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
I seriously hope it's cooler over there than here though, hitting 100 degrees every day just isn't any kind of fun.
Damn that's hot! I had no idea it got that hot over there.

Everyone going to DC has to have lots of fun and bring back stories and pictures.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:38 PM   #21
Platypus
The Pointy End

Just a quick drive-by to say that I am still totally into a Stranger Con, wherever it may take place.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:26 AM   #22
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Damn that's hot! I had no idea it got that hot over there.
It never used too, but lately.... Welcome to the effects of global warming. It's starting to totally mess with stuff over here. Hell, last year it was hot right through to October. We normally used to get warmish weather and two hot weeks in August.

Now it's like a furnace and getting worse each year. Us poor Brit's aren't prepared for such things! None of us have air-con (neither do many offices) as it's never been needed and we're being roasted alive (hell, I nearly passed out after 15 minutes in the sun yesterday!).

I hates it, bring back the rain!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:52 AM   #23
That*clown

Location: suburban D.C.-supplied with a different breed of demons
Poor Emma...yuck!

I'm still on board for StrangerCon and like Morrigan I've never been to Texas. But mention beach to me and I'm all over it like white on rice. Vegas was a cool idea but this sounds like my kind of time off. Count me in.

Go, me.
That*clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #24
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

My last post here about a possible StrangerCon in Galveston before I start a new thread: The downer is that the Commodore is no longer renting out cottages (their rates were pretty darn cheap). The upper is that Sand and Sea at Pirates Beach has some truly awesome rentals that are not terribly much more. With eight people sharing a beach house, we still could come in at $300 or less each for up to a week, including food -- and that's during peak season.

SnS has a slightly different way of parsing rates than a hotel; you either rent in two-night increments, or by the week or month. In most cases, it's as cheap to rent for an entire week at it is to do so for four days. So if we could get a group to commit to a certain dollar amount each for a minimum of four days, then people could come early and leave late if they wished.

Another thing going for us is that there are several rental properties of varying sizes in this area, some of them next door to each other, so if we really have a lot of interest, we could book more than one.

So how many people think they could drop in sometime around February 15-21, which is the last weekend of Galveston Mardi Gras with an Ash Wednesday checkout?

Or would people rather go at some other time? Closer to summer?

Or would people rather go someplace altogether different?

I'll start a new thread for this, but just wanted to set the wheels in motion.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #25
Trillian
Too orangey for crows

Em - I'll PM you soon with the usual demands and yay..black t-shirts!! Thanks Penny.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:39 AM   #26
Emmangel
Administrator

Tara, if you guys want me to bring anything along, can you let me know? I'll be poppig out on Tue/Wed, but that's it as I'm leaving first thing Thursday.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:42 AM   #27
Prima
I have no idea...

Hey Penny! I'm still interested but I know personally I have to get a game plan together if I want to make it there.

I'll bring it up in the new thread but I'd probably drive. Hence, if there's any Strangers in the Midwest who want to do a road trip...

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:54 AM   #28
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Hah! Who put the pancake on Rodney's head? That's brilliant
Old 08-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #29
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Hah! Who put the pancake on Rodney's head? That's brilliant
Here!

If you scroll down in the comments check out the animated one. I laughed so hard, I think I really did rupture something.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara

Last edited by Prima; 08-28-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:07 AM   #30
Emmangel
Administrator

Heh, Thor's (or whoever it is) looks like a little sailor cap!

The McShep one is great too, for the look on Sheppard's face.

Not as good as the "PONY!" icon, but then, few things are.