Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2006, 04:03 PM   #16
omg angel

How did you find this board? Did you go looking for one like it (C/A? CC?), or did you follow a link from somewhere else?

I found this googling around online. I was looking for some random C/A-ness, and found this board instead. I lurked around a while before actually joining.

Did you come to AtS as a Buffy viewer? As a standalone series? Through reruns?

I started to watch AtS by itself, I had heard about Buffy, but never really watched it. I would come home from school and nothing would be on, one day I turned on TNT and said, "Ooh, he's cute." I've loved it ever since.

How did you get interested in the C/A-ness -- through the series? Through fanfic?

I started to love the C/A-ness through the series, I liked them as friends and I liked them as more. As long as they were interacting. I was totally PO-ed when the writers wrote Season 4.

Are you a new viewer who liked C/A from watching it unfold? Or an original (first-run) viewer who is just now warming up to it?

I liked watching it unfold, like I said in the last question. Friends or more, I just liked them together. Probably my favorite ship in the Joss-verse. It made the most sense to me out of all of the ships out there. And it was so romantic, and then they practically peed all over it.
omg angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #17
egwill

How did you find this board? Did you go looking for one like it (C/A? CC?), or did you follow a link from somewhere else?

I read about this board on another website so here I am!!!

As a Buffy viewer...I've watched both series from the beginning.

How did you get interested in the C/A-ness -- through the series? Through fanfic?

Through the series, just watching them grow together. It felt right to ship this couple because the relationship was real, like a natural progression and completely unforced

Are you a new viewer who liked C/A from watching it unfold? Or an original (first-run) viewer who is just now warming up to it?

An original viewer who liked watching it unfold. C/A stole my heart and my loyalty. It was an amazing story, well, until season 4.
egwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #18
rainy

Penny, very nice Talking Heads reference. Course, now David Byrne and his big white suit will be stuck in my head for days . . .

I did go looking for something like it. I think it was linked from another site (ASSB - I had been lurking there) and I popped over to check it out. Never thought I would not only join but post.

Came into AtS mid-way through season 1. Had watched Buffy sporadically from the beginning; if I was home and it was on. Did that basically because I thought the movie was hilarious when it came out.

Through the series.

LOVED watching it unfold (then cringed and at times wanted it to 're-fold')

Last edited by rainy; 04-18-2006 at 03:14 PM.
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:27 PM   #19
v120176

I remember searching for sites with spoilers about the series (when Buffy died) and for some link I ended looking fanfiction (mostly Anne's from Eternal Seduction) and through Nothing Fancy (Just fic) I ended here

I watched Buffy, but I was never a big fan of it, specially at season 3 and the whole melodrama.
To be honest, when I knew Angel was going to have his own series I was curious about what they were going to do when he was only Buffy's lapdog... I never liked him in BTVS.
I was really pleased when I watched ATS, because was a new character and also it was clear that was going to be a darker show (I think Angel and Cordelia had way more develop in the series premiere than in three years of BTVS)

Kinda go together....I loved CC and DB together on screen. I liked their chemistry and the friendship-banter between Cordy and Angel: loved his face when she tried to make him go out or was upsed because he didn't notice her new shoes... All those little things and how Angel reacted to that basic difference with all the angst of B/A where Angel was a really boooring character). It felt natural. And subtle. So my C/A mostly started in season 2, and then I found the fanfiction.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:21 PM   #20
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Oh man. Let me hop into my Way Back Machine...

This question has been asked and answered many times, but upon reflection, I think this is the way it really happened:

I hate to say it, but I got here from The Bronze. How I hated that board, yet it still held some strange power over me. There was a "discussion", (read knock down drag out fight) between a C/A shipper and an B/A shipper. Not knowing what a shipper was, I had to find out. Once I did, and chose my ship wisely, I stumbled onto a site run by a Dianna that was nothing but C/A (wish I could remember the name) and from there, I eventually made it here. It was a green-ish shade instead of our present day purple at the time, and soon after it moved...crashed...something... and when it came back, I joined up.

Through Buffy. I remember seeing a preview of it and thinking "How cool. I bet I'll like it." And it was and I did. Even more than BtVS.

Well, like I said, the hoo ha ha at The Bronze got me to thinking about C/A. I was all, "I never thought of it like that before", and you gotta admit, DB and CC looked so hot together. So I think I found that BtVS site that has all the links to the other various sites that are out there, (God, I used to have the names of all of these places memorized, but now, not so much) and clicked on anything that had a Cordelia/Angel slant. That's how I found Dianna's site (WHAT WAS IT CALLED???) and ultimately the fanfic which is what totally sold me on the idea.

I'm not sure how to answer that. I'd watched two and a half seasons before I ever thought of C/A, so I guess I'm an original viewer, who had to re-watch the reruns of the first two seasons to warm up to it, but who now doesn't care one way or the other.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #21
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne
That's how I found Dianna's site (WHAT WAS IT CALLED???)
Was that Queen Takes Knight?... No? No, wait -- it's on the tip of my tongue. Let me think about it, and then I'll bolt out of a sound sleep at 3:15 a.m. with the answer.

ETA: PRICELESS!! 'Cause she used the MasterCard ad in the site design!!!

ETAA: And LL's already remembered it, and the link as well. Sweet!
Old 04-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #22
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Was that Queen Takes Knight?... No? No, wait -- it's on the tip of my tongue. Let me think about it, and then I'll bolt out of a sound sleep at 3:15 a.m. with the answer.
No, I think it started with a U or something. "Unforgetable" or something? I think she used to be a member of this board at one time. Maybe I'll take a look at the members list.

ETA - "PRICELESS"!!!!!!! That was it!

Old 04-18-2006, 06:37 PM   #23
Emmangel
Administrator

God, that site takes me back! I remember stumbling across that side back in the day and loving it, that and Disharmony of course.

All those S1 pics are making me nostalgic dammit.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:19 PM   #24
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
God, that site takes me back! I remember stumbling across that side back in the day and loving it, that and Disharmony of course.
Weren't they great? Remember Lemonade? Loved that site.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:56 PM   #25
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

"Priceless" That's how I found ST too. Right after watching TNPLPG, I went looking for C/A information. The whole,"You love me scene?!" totally had me convinced that Angel had a thing for Cordy. So I went looking online and found "Priceless" which started me reading C/A fic which brought me here, and the board was Purple when I arrive. Although, the Green board was still around.

Was a BTVS viewer that loved Cordy and Xander and by the end of S3 hated B/A and wanted Angel as far away from Buffy as I could get just to stop the angst.

When I first heard Cordy was going to be on ATS I thought it would be cool if C/A got together but since nothing happened in S1 (especially after watching 1.18) I figured it wouldn't happen. My full blown introduction to C/A happened after TNPLPG.

Neither, I was into C/A when it aired first-run but gave up after the mess in early S4.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:55 PM   #26
Clln
Classic Stranger

I found this board through the actual Stranger Things Website hosted by Aya. It was the green EZBoard version and it had a giant pic of the clothes scene at the end of Disharmony. (Ahhhh good times...)

Buffy. I was a B/A fan and followed Angel to ATS hoping the show would fail so he would go back to BTVS. That feeling didn't last long. After a couple episodes I liked him better on his own.

I actually was looking at the WB Boards (Ugh, I know!) to see the upcoming episode summaries for Epiphany and whatever Buffy episode was before it and I read a post that mentioned the Cordy/Angel pairing and I thought that it wasn't such a bad idea and could be cool. After seeing the subtext in Epiphany I was completely drawn in and the rest is history.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:06 AM   #27
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clln
After seeing the subtext in Epiphany I was completely drawn in and the rest is history.
Remember how we used to have the Subtext thread after every episode? Wasn't it KarKar who used to do that?

Good times indeed.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:15 AM   #28
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Remember how we used to have the Subtext thread after every episode? Wasn't it KarKar who used to do that?
Yep. Remember when a two-shot was subtext? Lord, this was an easy-to-please crowd.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:24 AM   #29
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Yep. Remember when a two-shot was subtext? Lord, this was an easy-to-please crowd.

You can say that again. What was it, 25 pages devoted to the kiss in "Deep Down" in less than 30 minutes or something crazy like that.

No one could have guessed how badly S4 was going to suck at that point.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #30
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Weren't they great? Remember Lemonade? Loved that site.
Yeah, I loved that site, it always looked so pretty. LJC(?) is part of the who fandom now with the pretty sites, though I still think this was one of her best.

All this looking at sites of old makes me wish I'd kept mine open. But then I remember all the flames and grief it used to give me, and I don't mind so much. lol