Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
nodakskip

Joss W on who he wanted in WW movie.

Found this and it made me want to slap the guy.

"There are no shortages of actresses who want to play Wonder Woman. Even Beyoncé Knowles has expressed interest. But when Hollywood finally does get around to making a film about the 69-year-old female superhero in the star-spangled short-shorts — sometime this millennium, one hopes — there’s really only one actress Joss Whedon sees in the role. When the Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator was writing his never-produced WW script for Warner Bros. five years ago, he modeled the character on the closest thing he could find to a real Amazon goddess. “For me, Wonder Woman was basically Angelina Jolie,” he says. “She spends a lot of time flying around. She works in a lot of different countries. She’s very global. And she’s appalled by the way people treat each other.”

For more on why Wonder Woman still doesn’t have a film of her own — and what Whedon and other filmmakers have tried to do with the character — check out this week’s issue, on stands Thursday."
Old 11-21-2010, 02:59 AM   #2
Syn
insane clown girl

Angelina Jolie doesn't have the body to be Wonder Woman. She's a skeleton, and I'm sorry....no matter how many times she plays the same old stone-faced spy/assassin in all of her movies, I'm not buying that she could easily kick anyone's ass.

Sorry. I'm just a little over the world's devotion to Angelina. Kudos to her on the whole humanitarian/mother thing....but I can't even remember the last time she made a movie I actually enjoyed.

Kung Fu Panda maybe.....??
Old 11-21-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I have to agree with Syn, urgh on Jolie.

I have to admit I'm totally worried about The Avengers Movie with Whedon in charge, hopefully he's not writing the damn script.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
Kit

Um...speaking as someone who actually likes Angelina, I can see it during her Lara Croft days, but now? Not so much. She is too famous, nobody would buy that she is WW. I don't think she would be interested in the project anyway. Her action-y roles are usually quite ambiguous and WW is a little too straightforward...too goody-goody for her. JW can talk all he wants be it ain't gonna happen. Although I wonder what it would be like if he does get to work with someone like AJ, 'cause this isn't some ingenue who meekly follows his directing without questions.

Anyway, what do you guys think about David E Kelly developing a Wonder Woman TV Series ?

P.S. I enjoyed AJ in A Mighty Heart and Changeling...no comment on SALT though .

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
AngryScientist

Having lots of trouble with the WW casting for a movie or TV series. She needs to look Greek, not like Jolie who is anything but Mediterranean in features/build. And now, she is too skinny and too overexposed to the role.

Joss, once again winning the gold medal in the Being Wrong event.
AngryScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
Childe of Blade

Al least he didn't say SMG (who was a terrible candidate no matter WHAT some ardent Buffy fans thought)
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

and right now AJ looks older than CC, i know she isn't but her face does look more haggard than CC's.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
Bryan

You do know this was a joke right?
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
DamnSkippy

I didn't take this to mean he would have cast Angelina Jolie at all. Whedon was planning, as far as I've heard, to make it more a Wonder Girl concept. I took it to mean the flavor of the character would be a Jolie-type person. But as far as I can tell, Jolie and Lynda Carter are very similar types so I can't see any shocking reveal there.

And if he was joking in any way...well, I guess you had to be there.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:02 AM   #10
Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I didn't take this to mean he would have cast Angelina Jolie at all. Whedon was planning, as far as I've heard, to make it more a Wonder Girl concept. I took it to mean the flavor of the character would be a Jolie-type person. But as far as I can tell, Jolie and Lynda Carter are very similar types so I can't see any shocking reveal there.

And if he was joking in any way...well, I guess you had to be there.
Well yes - I imagine he's sick of being asked, especially since the project crashed some years ago now. In one interview he said, with a straight face, Nathan Fillion!
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:15 AM   #11
Syn
insane clown girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Well yes - I imagine he's sick of being asked, especially since the project crashed some years ago now. In one interview he said, with a straight face, Nathan Fillion!
Now that's a mental image that's gonna stick with me.....