Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #31
Livvie
nutcase

I really had my doubts about this and it is not looking good. Almost 10 minutes and nothing, no updates or anything. Not even a small note on the front page that says "Charisma can't make it. Emergency." or something.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #32
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

I wonder if it meant Western time? That would make the chat at 8pm EST. Just being hopeful.

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #33
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface View Post
I wonder if it meant Western time? That would make the chat at 8pm EST. Just being hopeful.
I think if it is, that lends even less credibility to this site. They couldn't even post the right time?

I've done official chats through celeb fan clubs before and they were almost like little dictators in the rules and start times. We had to submit questions two weeks beforehand along with our username and desired password. Then we were emailed a link to the chat room along with the questions that were "okay". When they said your name, you could post one of your approved questions.

I guess after going through that, this whole thing now makes me super skeptical.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #34
tojoson

Well, 5:00 Mountain time and still nothing...
Old 01-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #35
Livvie
nutcase

5:20 Pacific Time and nothing. I think it is about time to call it.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #36
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Yeah, it sucks...

But I still love Charisma!

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Old 01-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #37
tojoson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
5:20 Pacific Time and nothing. I think it is about time to call it.
Unless you want to wait for Hawaiian time, or even Asian time. Heh, Heh
Old 01-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #38
starlet2367
glitterati

Well, shoot. I'd hoped this was the real thing.

Maybe we ought to all email them and say "Liar, liar pants on fire."

ETA: Now it says the chat is Jan. 19 at 5:00 p.m. Central. WTF?
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #39
ophelia

Silly Kel, haven't you heard of the "Moving Target Chats"? They're all the rage now!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #40
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

I guess hope for the best...

Old 01-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #41
tojoson

They added a January update that has CC and some friends working to eliminate fraud and posers from Myspace.

How interesting.

Here's CC, who has admitted she's NOT computer savvy, and with all that''s going on in her private life, and her work, and she decides to clean up Myspace. BOGUS>

Last edited by tojoson; 01-12-2008 at 10:33 PM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #42
Livvie
nutcase

And when you go to the MySpace Page for the "Unbreakable Team", it has this for the info:

Female
19 years old
Imperial Beach, California
United States

Does this seem a bit odd to anyone else? I've heard of 19 year old web designers before but getting employed by someone famous? Iffy.

And what better way to prove you aren't a fraud than to eliminate the posers! Cast suspicion someplace else.

Has anyone considered contacting Weebly and asking for the name of the person that registered the domain? I mean, when you can use a host of websites to see who registered domains, they shouldn't be that iffy about releasing it. Maybe someone like Shalazar would have more cred to request us than us.

When I checked the domain of charismacarpenteronline.com earlier, in case they changed to a paid domain, it turns out it was registered through AOL's free domain service. I only have experience with other official websites but they have all been bought and paid for and a hell of a lot better designed that that one. (And these were SOAP actors! Not the highest paid or the most well known out there).

This just keeps getting odder and odder.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #43
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

I'm just taking a wait and see approach. I'm not gonna treat it as an offcial site, however, I won't slam it completely unless it is a blatant ripoff. Charisma may not be Tech-savvy, but she might have tech support to teach her how to connect to fans. She has to keep herself busy somehow during this painful writer's strike, and the apparent turmoil in her personal life.

Just wait and see in the next few weeks. It really doesn't matter to me. I still love Charisma. But that's my 2-cents.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:08 PM   #44
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Well, CC's myspace has been on my flist for awhile, now. Still not sure if it's real. I just joined the Unbreakable thing, because I was skeptical. I want to see if there is a pattern, etc., to see if I can catch any fakes.

Kel, I noticed that it says it's a female 19 years old lol The two people who run that Myspace Fred and Lyssa are like 15 and 16 yrs old. So I was like Ummmmmm...ok

Here is the About Me from Unbreakable:
To Everyone-

Charisma Carpenter here. If you don't know me I'm an actress/model/mother and I have been in the shows "Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel and Veronica Mars on the covers of K9 Magazine, Men's Edge and Seventeen. I want to personally say "welcome." This group called "Unbreakable" is a group of 2 close friends that agree with me that posing on myspace is a waste of time and it is ILLEGAL. We need your help getting the word out about this. Each week we will have different missions for YOU guys to help us get the message out. Prizes and free swag will be given out of course. Celebrities, I need your help because we need you guys to also help us make a stand. With this myspace page, I am directly helping myspace by having all the scoop with posers and they will get deleted immediately. If you are wondering what Unbreakable means, it means that there are more of us NOT posing than that ARE posing and our bond is simple unbreakable. I am sorry that I am not personally not managing this page but my two friends Fred and Lyssa will manage it for me and they have done a great job so far. Thanks guys and let's get to protesting!

Charisma Carpenter

I don't know. I hope if someone knows someone that can ask CC what's the real deal, that would be most awesome I would hate to find out someone is being fake and doing this to her fans, you know?

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #45
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Okay, I tried to go to an independent source to verify the website. I'd sent a message to a good celeb friend of Charisma on MySpace: Kristen Bell. Now how do I know if the MySpace is really hers: well, she told me when I saw her at New York a couple months back. Her friends and management run the MySpace, but get their information from Kristen herself.

Anyway I conveyed on this message the frustration of us fans with this website and the video chat fiasco and this is their reply:
Quote:
Anyways, as far as I know... that website is legit & the real deal. I am not sure if it's Charisma herself running it or her people (publicist or management), but I know for sure it is affiliated with Charisma. Well, have a great rest of the weekend & take care.

~K-Bell & Co.~
Hopefully this provide some legitimacy to the site and her MySpace pages. Let's not slam it completely until we can definitively determine the site is a fraud. But if Kristen's team can vouch for the site, I can live with it. Again, let's take a wait-and-see approach for a couple weeks.