Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #226
Clarice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
Seriously, if Tojo hadn't contacted her management company, Prima hadn't done all that digging, Shalazar hadn't made the post about why he thought it was fake, and SweetieJen didn't forward me those emails, this wouldn't have happened. I just put it all into one place and pimped the hell out of it.

Everyone here at ST was a HUGE help. Penny let us let this thread continue with new info. People voiced their concerns. And honestly, without ST, I don't think we would have gotten those sites shut down.

Thank you Livvie e you all *__*
Clarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #227
Livvie
nutcase

So this caught my eye today because I am totally paranoid now. It was on a few LJ communities.

"Sweet Charisma,the new and only Charisma Carpenter fansite on the net is being launched in just over a week thanks to fan-sites.org for the hosting.

However i need a coweb to help me out,especially with the gallery.

if your interested please email ccarquette@aol.com with subject 'sweet charisma'

basic knowledge is needed,i can run you through the rest.

thank you"

It was posted by this person and their journal is kind of blank. I am actually going to reply to the one of the posts and kindly suggest that there are other fansites for CC out there including but not limited to C-C.com and ST.

It just is setting off alarms for me, that's all. If anyone knows anything?
Old 02-03-2008, 01:13 PM   #228
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Didn't clicking to her site, give you the shivers when you saw the Charmed banner? lol I thought the same thing. But, I think it's just a fansite. Of course, we'll have our eyes on it, just in case

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #229
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
So this caught my eye today because I am totally paranoid now. It was on a few LJ communities.

"Sweet Charisma,the new and only Charisma Carpenter fansite on the net is being launched in just over a week thanks to fan-sites.org for the hosting.

However i need a coweb to help me out,especially with the gallery.

if your interested please email ccarquette@aol.com with subject 'sweet charisma'

basic knowledge is needed,i can run you through the rest.

thank you"

It was posted by this person and their journal is kind of blank. I am actually going to reply to the one of the posts and kindly suggest that there are other fansites for CC out there including but not limited to C-C.com and ST.

You're just paranoid... it is just a fansite getting a start...

Now if this was claiming to be an unofficial "official" site, then I would release hell on it.

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #230
Livvie
nutcase

Well, it isn't helping the paranoia when I checked the fansites hosting and you can auction off items and such.

She replied back to me and told me when she searched, she didn't find any Charisma sites. That gave me a big "what the fu..." because how I found sites like Charisma Central and C-C.com was googling Charisma Carpenter.

Yes, it is paranoia but after what happened this past month, I think we should keep it on the radar just in case.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #231
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

I'm with you, all the way, sweets Even if it's just us two.

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:25 PM   #232
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Well, it isn't helping the paranoia when I checked the fansites hosting and you can auction off items and such.

She replied back to me and told me when she searched, she didn't find any Charisma sites. That gave me a big "what the fu..." because how I found sites like Charisma Central and C-C.com was googling Charisma Carpenter.

Yes, it is paranoia but after what happened this past month, I think we should keep it on the radar just in case.
Some vigilance is good and healthy... but again, being the optimist that I am, let's wait and see what the site offers... who knows, this site might become another conduit of legit info like C-C.com, Charisma Central, Slayerverse.org, and FanForum.com.

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #233
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
I am actually going to reply to the one of the posts and kindly suggest that there are other fansites for CC out there including but not limited to C-C.com and ST.

I looked at it and my guess is that this person is just young/not particularly fandom saavy as opposed to being up to no good.

That being said, I don't think it would hurt to keep an eye open since the only other evidence I find of her on the internet is starting fansites (ie. Holly Oaks and Orange County Forums) that don't seem to go anywhere or ever happen.

And hey! If anyone ever needs me to go digging, I'm happy to help. *g*

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara

Last edited by Prima; 02-03-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #234
Emmangel
Administrator

FWIW, there was a site of the same name on the same domain a few years back. But then fan-sites.org vanished and the site with it. Could be someone starting it up again?