Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2007, 09:08 AM   #16
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Joss

I guess Christmas came early for us in the Cordyverse YEAH this is great I love it and by the way suck on that Joss you prick.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #17
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post

Seriously though, he needs to learn to play with others. He wants too much control over the story, it seems, and *hates* when others try and tweak it.
Despite the fact that those others actually save the day.

Man, I missed David Greenwalt when he left...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #18
Livvie
nutcase

That is the article, Debs. I couldn't believe that when I read it. What a way to burn some bridges. He needs some more karma, that is for sure.

And while I think Joss is good with ideas, I think he seriously lacks in execution. He is good at writing scenes and dialogue, but I don't think he is good with whole episodes. I can always point out a Whedon episode just because they seem to stick out like a sore thumb. Same with Whedon dialogue. He has a tendency to turn characters into overinflated stereotypes of themselves.

He also has to be one of the worst self-inserters I have ever seen in my life. Willow and Fred, hello! Anyone picks on Willow, they end up dead. And all poor Cordelia said was that Willow found the softer side of Sears. *wipes tear*. And at the end of the series, Willow is the most powerful being on Earth and Fred is a god-king. What?

Whenever there is a Joss ep, it is just propoganda to further his own childish fantansies and agendas. It is true, he is a 15 yr old girl trapped in a man's body and it shows.

All anyone needs to do is look to Greenwalt's other shows like Profit or episodes of Jake 2.0 he wrote to see where the good characterization and storylines come from. I would even prefer to watch Tim Minear episodes or god forbid, some of Marti Noxon's stuff from BTVS before watching the Joss as head writer ones.

Anyone who thinks he is any sort of God has some serious fanwank going on. He didn't create those shows by himself, he had a huge staff helping him. And thank god for that.

(Sorry, got carried away there)
Old 02-03-2007, 01:34 PM   #19
JoJo

[Nelson Muntz] Ha! Ha! [/Nelson Muntz]

Aw, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I'm glad that WW won't be either turned into a babbling genius waif or play second fiddle to her young sidekick, a babbling genius waif.

Even if CC doesn't get the role, I'm sure that whomever is chosen will do a better job than JW. I'm in the camp that thinks that David Greenwalt was the true genius behind both shows, primarily because both shows quickly went into the crapper the moment he left.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #20
baba

I am glad, he is has quit the project! I just can't picture him directing a Wonder Woman movie, which would stay true to the canon story of Diana the Amazon princess, and frankly his choices of actresses can be questionable at times! So him being off the project is the best solution for all, and hey who knows, maybe that he is not direction C.C might have a shot at the role!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #21
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
That is the article, Debs. I couldn't believe that when I read it. What a way to burn some bridges. He needs some more karma, that is for sure.

And while I think Joss is good with ideas, I think he seriously lacks in execution. He is good at writing scenes and dialogue, but I don't think he is good with whole episodes. I can always point out a Whedon episode just because they seem to stick out like a sore thumb. Same with Whedon dialogue. He has a tendency to turn characters into overinflated stereotypes of themselves.

He also has to be one of the worst self-inserters I have ever seen in my life. Willow and Fred, hello! Anyone picks on Willow, they end up dead. And all poor Cordelia said was that Willow found the softer side of Sears. *wipes tear*. And at the end of the series, Willow is the most powerful being on Earth and Fred is a god-king. What?

Whenever there is a Joss ep, it is just propoganda to further his own childish fantansies and agendas. It is true, he is a 15 yr old girl trapped in a man's body and it shows.

All anyone needs to do is look to Greenwalt's other shows like Profit or episodes of Jake 2.0 he wrote to see where the good characterization and storylines come from. I would even prefer to watch Tim Minear episodes or god forbid, some of Marti Noxon's stuff from BTVS before watching the Joss as head writer ones.

Anyone who thinks he is any sort of God has some serious fanwank going on. He didn't create those shows by himself, he had a huge staff helping him. And thank god for that.

(Sorry, got carried away there)

Those bridges were already burned I can't see most of the vetern actors from Angel or Buffy ever working with the man again for that very reason here is a list of the vetern names I know off:

David Boreanaz
Charisma Carpenter
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Nicholas Brendon
Anthony Stewart Head (He didn't want to come back after S6)

All the man is about is the typical overinflated stereotype characters the man was no genius to begin with he road the coattails of more talented writters right from the start.

I know what you mean about the blatant favorism he showed on Fred and Willow I never liked either of these characters except maybe Fred we she was crazy but that was about it. Both were nothing more the a bunch of lazy moochers especially Willow in the later seasons.

I haven't bothered to watch any of those shows the other writters put out because I know they are crap but seriously don't go overboard it's Marti Noxan we're taking about here she is just as bad if not worse then Joss Whedon himself she's a psycho bitch who no one respects.

Last edited by LordKain; 02-23-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #22
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
I guess everyone should have seen it coming.
Depending on how far back you can search on this forum's archives, I believe you would find several Strangers predicting something exactly like this a loooong time ago. Like, right after it was announced.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #23
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Depending on how far back you can search on this forum's archives, I believe you would find several Strangers predicting something exactly like this a loooong time ago. Like, right after it was announced.
Everyone of us predictted it yet certain people on other board cough **Whedonesque** cough **IMDB** said it would happen yet we were right and they were wrong.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:31 AM   #24
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childe of Blade View Post
That's what I said when Serenity bombed, LOL!!!
The difference being Serenity was actually a decent movie.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #25
tojoson

another article about this

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=39992

a couple of things struck me about this article

Quote:
"I had a take on the film that, well, nobody liked," Whedon wrote.
chuckle, chuckle, snicker, snicker.

Quote:
Last week, Warner bought a Wonder Woman script from newcomers Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland that the two wrote on spec as a writing sample to win other assignments. Even though the studio said it was taking the spec off the market to protect itself against the possibility that any similarities between the scripts could be fodder for future legal action, it clearly liked certain elements in the new screenplay.

Whedon's take on the Amazonian princess set the tale in the present. In contrast, Jennison and Strickland's script is set during World War II, the era when the character was created. Sources told the trade paper that Silver and the studio are not interested in making a period picture.
If they were not interested in a period movie, why buy a script FOR a period movie.
Maybe they just liked that the writers could come up with a decent story, Many things could change in the finished product, including Diana's age

Last edited by tojoson; 02-05-2007 at 02:57 PM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #26
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
I'm glad that WW won't be either turned into a babbling genius waif or play second fiddle to her young sidekick, a babbling genius waif.
*spit take*
Old 02-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #27
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Ah, at last. Some good news.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #28
Gcstar501
This IS What WE Need...

Pfft! HAHAHAHAHA Sorry Joss. Better luck next time.

(Sorry...Im not usually this bitter)

Angel: You all right?
Cordelia: Yeah, we've got to move.
Angel: You think they're not dead?
Cordelia: You just looked really hot doing that.
**Waiting in The Wings**

-Giselle
Gcstar501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:58 PM   #29
Prima
I have no idea...

Huh. Well, at least he didn't come right out and say it was somebody else's fault this time.

It's like he's growing as a person. Or something.

Quote:
In contrast, Jennison and Strickland's script is set during World War II, the era when the character was created. Sources told the trade paper that Silver and the studio are not interested in making a period picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
If they were not interested in a period movie, why buy a script FOR a period movie.
Maybe they just liked that the writers could come up with a decent story,
That would be my take because if it's a good story, the time frame is simply a backdrop. On the other hand, perhaps they're worried that the setting would invoke it's roots.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:45 AM   #30
Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel View Post
The difference being Serenity was actually a decent movie.
Decent? Yeah. That's a good word, we'll go with that. But when the material it was spawned from was ... Great, Amazing, etc., you have to wonder why.

For the record:

Buffy - meh, had it's moments, alot fewer of them after losing Charisma, Boreanaz, Greenwalt.

Angel - Not perfect, but MUCH improved over Buffy, and it depends on who you ask just how involved with Angel Whedon was, although the few episodes with his name on them stand out markedly in tone, dialogue, etc. from the rest of the series if you ask me.

Firefly - absolutely loved it, with my favorite ep of the series bearing the name Tim Minear(Out of Gas), just like with Angel(Reprise/Epiphany).

So I decided to give Minear's new shows a chance.

Wonderfalls - LOVED it. Quirky, funny without having to mimic Whedon's signature sentence structure, and containing the element all of Whedon's stuff lacks - Hope.

The Inside - I promise that I will give up my disc of illegally downloaded eps just as soon as Fox puts this show on DVD. Like with Firefly, Angel, Dark Angel, etc.

Then comes Joss's feature film debut - Serenity. It was funny, it had all the characters, big explosions, and Nathan Fillion continued to be it's driving force. But while it was the same on paper, it just seemed to be ... off. And then you look at how the production team claims the episodes for Firefly were written(by several talented writers including Minear) versus Serenity(Joss).

Joss needs a round table to save him from his own ego, laziness, and personal beliefs.
Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote