Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2004, 12:35 PM   #1
visionboy
She's "essential"

CC one of the 6 up for Lois Lane? Again?

Salt shaker handy since this has been posted before...

http://www2.cinescape.com/0/editoria...8&obj_id=42741

Team Cordy # 52

Outstanding Lead Actress In a Drama:
Zap2it Winner: Charisma Carpenter ("Angel") -- 39%
"The Essential Charisma Carpenter"-USA Today
"The best change, however, may be the maturation of Buffy's former spoiled brat Cordelia, played with increasing depth and dexterity by Charisma Carpenter."-Robert Bianco-USA Today
visionboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
missdini

That'd be just too good to be true!
missdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:13 PM   #3
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Mischa Barton: Hell freakin NO!! She does not whatsoever fit the discription of Lois Lane. And she too skinny.
Charisma Carpenter: Perfect
Mia Kirshner: Don't know her.
Evangeline Lilly: Maybe.
Natalie Portman: I don't think so!!
Keri Russell: Also hell no!!

Give CC a chance DAMMIT!!

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:02 AM   #4
Alenka
X-Fred rocks

Hate to be a nay-sayer, but it ain't gonna happen. The guy they've cast as Superman is eighteen years old. Eighteen. They're not going to put him up against somebody in their mid-thirties. Hence, the Mischa Barton types on the list.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:15 AM   #5
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

I hate when they re-make movies, and completely change everything around. I hear that Superman will be in his 20's in the movie. The actor may be 18, but he's supposed to be in his 20's as Clark. So, casting a person in their mid-late 20's or early 30's isn't really out of the question.
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:03 AM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenka
Hate to be a nay-sayer, but it ain't gonna happen. The guy they've cast as Superman is eighteen years old. Eighteen.
Actually, he's 24 or 25.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:28 AM   #7
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

According to IMDb this Routh guy is 25 years old and they're aiming to play Superman in his late 20's. Now, while I don't think this is anything more than an Internet rumor I don't think CC is out of the age range for Lois Lane.

As far as I know Lois is supposed to be a few years older than Clark and CC can easily pull off 30-31. Besides with the shape she's in now and with the long hair (Charmed cameos) she could easily pull off late 20's.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:45 PM   #8
nodakskip

From what I have read they are setting the movie after Superman 2 with Reves. And in the Superman movie and number 2, Lois was older then Clark. She had been at the Daily Planet for years before Clark ever showed up. So CCs age would perfect. Late 20's guy, early 30's woman.... that is Lois and Clark.

Hell even on Smallville lois is older.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:57 PM   #9
rousedower
cancelled

I don't think it's gonna happen either. She's got ten years on the guy up for Superman and it sounds like they want youngins' for this film. Like Tobey Maguire/Kirsten Dunst types to mooch off of the success of Spiderman.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13

Last edited by rousedower; 10-21-2004 at 03:08 PM.
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:27 PM   #10
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

but in Spiderman they were the same age , in the comics they went to college together.
in Superman they didn't meet until work and LL had been there for years before CK came.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:56 PM   #11
rousedower
cancelled

But I don't think that really matters. If they wanna go younger, they're gonna go younger. Heck, I didn't even know that Lois is supposed to be older than Clark. I always assumed they were around the same age.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13

Last edited by rousedower; 10-27-2004 at 12:10 PM.
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:18 PM   #12
Christine

Christine

Charisma is the perfect age to play Lois Lane. Unfortuneatly, Hollywood being so youth conscious has cast a guy who's actually two years younger than Chris Reeve was when he played Superman. Margot Kidder was 30 I read, and he was 27. The new Superman is actually a year younger than the teenage superman Tom welling. The actresses in the running for Lois range in age from 18 to 29. I heard they've narrowed it down to four though. The girl from The Island and three other more know actresses. Charisma is definitely one of them. My guess is Natalie Portman and Kerry Russell are the others. Natalie is too young, and K.R. I just can't see. Even though Charisma has played younger for years on angel, they'll probably feel she's too old to play opposite a 25 year old. Heath Ledger looks a little older and if they cast him she might of had more of a chance. Lois is suppose to be older though.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:59 AM   #13
xSpike's Angelx
not a spangle fan

oh my god that would be sooo awsome! lolz and what if david played clark kent aka superman i think he was rumoured to do it but some ugly dude is doin it ( but it woulda been sooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!) . But yay she would be a good lois lane she kinda looks like her ( the lois lane in the superman movies)

xSpike's Angelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 01:50 PM   #14
Dusted
just... smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpike's Angelx
oh my god that would be sooo awsome! lolz and what if david played clark kent aka superman i think he was rumoured to do it but some ugly dude is doin it ( but it woulda been sooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!) . But yay she would be a good lois lane she kinda looks like her ( the lois lane in the superman movies)
err ugly dude?
I don't think it's so much as looking like her but being able to fit into the role of Lois Lane and the characteristics we learnt so well through the movies and so forth.
i do try not to abbreviate- honest
Dusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:53 PM   #15
xSpike's Angelx
not a spangle fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusted
err ugly dude?
I don't think it's so much as looking like her but being able to fit into the role of Lois Lane and the characteristics we learnt so well through the movies and so forth.
Ok then average
Yeh I think that she would be good in the role cause she is a fantastic actress , the louis lane looks are a plus, Just saying cause it would feel like louis lane if you what i mean cause of her looks and stuff so it wouldent be strange and she is a good actress i mean if some really good looking girl who had the louis lane looks played the role of louis lane and she couldent act it would be horrible.

xSpike's Angelx is offline   Reply With Quote