Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2004, 12:23 PM   #46
LaLa247
Wooo!

Charisma looks like she did in S1 of AtS. Fab-ul-ous!

They repeat the eps, right?
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:40 PM   #47
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Well, CC's first ep won't be broadcast until Sunday. I think TNT rebroadcasts on the following Tuesday.

How you been, by the way?
Old 09-21-2004, 12:46 PM   #48
LaLa247
Wooo!

Well, my only hope right now is that they repeat them after, like, November or something. *g* Hell, if it goes on C-C.com, I'll be happy. Any Charisma on TV is good, in my opinion.

Also? Very jealous she has that toned stomach. VERY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
How you been, by the way?
Tired, bored, and homeless. How are you?
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:52 PM   #49
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Yikes -- what's the upshot of hurricane season? How much damage did y'all take?
Old 09-21-2004, 02:35 PM   #50
rolandro

Quote:
Well Penny, maybe you could shoot it to me so I can actually see it, since all I get is audio when I go to the the WB site myself. Dunno, if it'll make any difference, but it's a thought.

As for this whole 'seer' thing, looking like she's 24 again thing, I know it's good to see her on TV and CC has got to happy she's working and all, but part of me thinks she must be a bit frustrated by this whole sexvamp pidgeonhole. For someone who wants to stretch professionally, for someone who recently was quoted as saying something like being 'tired of playing bimbos and people in comas' (Finnish interview?!) and for someone who got to shoot a pilot where she's the older sister (oh, and? The Star) and her younger brother is a grownup, this is not a career move. It's just easy money. Maybe she and HMC really did bond on SDJ, and maybe the set is a cool, happy and baby friendly place and CC finds out that's just fine with her so she hangs until UPN finally decides what to do w/ C&Ds. So, while I'm happy (getting the Dish and all this week, just in time) I'm also sort of. . . eh.

Last edited by rolandro; 09-21-2004 at 02:38 PM.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:41 PM   #51
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandro
Well Penny, maybe you could shoot it to me so I can actually see it, since all I get is audio when I go to the the WB site myself. Dunno, if it'll make any difference, but it's a thought.

As for this whole 'seer' thing, looking like she's 24 again thing, I know it's good to see her on TV and CC has got to happy she's working and all, but part of me thinks she must be a bit frustrated by this whole sexvamp pidgeonhole. For someone who wants to stretch professionally, for someone who recently was quoted as saying something like being 'tired of playing bimbos and people in comas' (Finnish interview?!) and for someone who got to shoot a pilot where she's the older sister (oh, and? The Star) and her younger brother is a grownup, this is not a career move. It's just easy money. Maybe she and HMC really did bond on SDJ, and maybe the set is a cool, happy and baby friendly place and CC finds out that's just fine with her so she hangs until UPN finally decides what to do w/ C&Ds. So, while I'm happy (getting the Dish and all this week, just in time) I'm also sort of. . . eh.
I know she's never really been comfortable playing sexy and all that, but she is. And considering that they went out of their way on AtS to NOT make her sexy, I would think she'd be enjoying it, especially after her Playboy spread. But whatever. I'm also 'eh' about her being on 'Charmed', but as Penny pointed out below, it could lead to something bigger and better, you never know. And work is work. We'll just have to wait and see.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13

Last edited by rousedower; 09-21-2004 at 03:25 PM.
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:59 PM   #52
cordynangel
Hopeless Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousedower
I know she's never really been comfortable playing sexy and all that, but she is. And considering that they went out of their way on AtS to NOT make her sexy, I would think she'd be enjoying it, especially after her Playboy spread. But whatever.
Yeah, I gotta agree with you here rousedower. She IS sexy, she shouldn't hide that, and I don't think she wants to (Playboy pics).

I know many of you don't like Charmed, but I love the show...and CC playing the sexy villian is very appealing to me. Happy she's working again too

Hold me, and make it the truth,...
That when all is lost there will be you.
Cause to the universe I don’t mean a thing
And there’s just one word that I still believe and it’s
Love... love. love. love. love.
~EV
cordynangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 03:00 PM   #53
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

I think it could represent a number of things for CC -- the chance to work again with both a friend and a former mentor (and anything with Spelling's name on it is a career move almost by definition); the chance to really play Evil, or at least Wicked, or at least as Rouse points out a character who's allowed to be sexy; more good word of mouth among the genre fans (and it should be noted that the Charmed feedback box is lighting up over her imminent appearance); a real perception among some fans that she's there to "Locklear" the show -- and friends, you can't pay for buzz like that; another successful guest star turn, or two, or more, under her belt; another chance to make the WB sit up and beg, even possibly to force UPN's hand regarding her own incipient series...you have to admit, any one of those things might turn a girl's head.

But hey -- as long as it keeps us anticipating, right?
Old 09-21-2004, 03:45 PM   #54
rolandro

Quote:
I think it could represent a number of things for CC -- the chance to work again with both a friend and a former mentor (and anything with Spelling's name on it is a career move almost by definition)
I really don't want to be a buzzkill, because I believe this is true to an extent. And from what I've read of the Charmed production, it is a pretty happy and woman-friendly place to work. Just to be working at all in this current industry climate is amazing (note the lack of AHD on the fall lineup, despite her NBC development deal) And I agree - she IS sexy, AND, freak of nature that she is, she CAN still play 5-7 years younger! But she IS - to use a woowoo-ism that I believe fits (because it DOES): She's a freaking Leo, and Leos are very uh, determined, when it comes to career and making their own way (and to making everyone within microwave transmitter distance a walking, talking, DVD-carrying promoter of the Big O. Ah-hem. I rest my case. ) So, while convenient, and more importantly FUN - I got to believe she would rather hold out for a bigger shot than signing on permanently here.

And yeah- I am happy to see her sexy self on the tube again.

Quote:
[T]he chance to really play Evil, or at least Wicked, or at least as Rouse points out a character who's allowed to be sexy; more good word of mouth among the genre fans (and it should be noted that the Charmed feedback box is lighting up over her imminent appearance); a real perception among some fans that she's there to "Locklear" the show -- and friends, you can't pay for buzz like that. .
and . . . yep. This is totally right on. Which reminds me: should we take advantage of all this web-chatter and take our organized, noisy bunch over to UPN and WB and well, make some noise our damnselves??

Quote:
[A]nother successful guest star turn, or two, or more, under her belt; another chance to make the WB sit up and beg, even possibly to force UPN's hand regarding her own incipient series...you have to admit, any one of those things might turn a girl's head.
Buzz IS better - than no buzz. (or apparently, a devdeal). See? I'm happy now.

ETA - and the buzz IS big over at the WB, just a taste: "TV needs all the Charisma it can get." Okay who wrote this? Spill.

Last edited by rolandro; 09-21-2004 at 04:16 PM.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:48 PM   #55
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Are you guys still talking about her hair? Shouldn't you leave that for the ASS Board?
Yes. No. I'm ill, leave me alone.

Besides, the talk is nowhere near as bad as in late season 3/early season 4. lol
Old 09-21-2004, 04:54 PM   #56
Luna
The heart never dies

Wow, Charisma looks really wonderful!

I can´t wait to see the ep!
Old 09-21-2004, 05:03 PM   #57
Dusted
just... smile

She looks bloody fantastic and so youthful and eyes sparkling with something i feel she lost towards the end of Angel. I know her acting will match up to the way she looks.
i do try not to abbreviate- honest
Dusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 05:35 PM   #58
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandro
Which reminds me: should we take advantage of all this web-chatter and take our organized, noisy bunch over to UPN and WB and well, make some noise our damnselves??
Here's a link. Knock y'all's selves out.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:17 PM   #59
Mab
The orbit of your hips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow4Corangela
*Sigh* gives into defeat...but I still think that's CC's hair. Fine, fine they're extensions.

But there are very few people whose hair can grow real fast. Namely my cousin. She cut her hair (which came to right above her ass), to shoulder length and in above a month it grew back to its normal size. And believe me she didn't use hair extensions, she never does, probably b/c there was non back in the day.

Woohoo CC's back!
Having done extensive research on hair (What can I say? I'm absolutely obsessed with keratin.) I find your statement to be very surprising since hair actually only grows at a rate of 0.3 mm/day (which adds up to about 11 cm per year). So what you're describing is roughly one foot of growth, 144 cm, in one month.

My math could be wrong, but if it's not, you should stop what you're doing
and call The Guinness Book of World right now.

Is it wrong that I'm happy to be discussing something as trivial as Charisma's hair again? It brings back memories - good ones.

Obnoxious Delusional Sycophant
Mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:01 PM   #60
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Mab
Having done extensive research on hair (What can I say? I'm absolutely obsessed with keratin.)
Aww. You did research for me.

Quote:
So what you're describing is roughly one foot of growth, 144 cm, in one month.
Okay so maybe I exaggerated a little...okay a lot, but I got your attention didn't I... (That's right. I've been concocting(?) this for months now...)

Quote:
Is it wrong that I'm happy to be discussing something as trivial as Charisma's hair again? It brings back memories - good ones.
Nope. It's not just you. I think it's safe to say we're all obsesssed w/ her hair. And well a lot more....

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel

Last edited by Shadow4Corangela; 09-21-2004 at 10:08 PM.
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote