Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2004, 03:56 PM   #1
Jamie82

CC in new US Weekly Magazine

In the new US Weekly magazine (with J.Lo on the cover), they have some celebrity moms tell how they got back into shape after their pregnancy. And they have Charisma tell how she did it:

"When you gain 50 pounds during pregnancy like I did, you fear that you'll never get back into shape", the five-foot-seven former Angel star tells US. " It was a challenge, but I worked at it, and 10 months after Donovan was born, I posed for Playboy!"

What she ate:
She began her 1,650-1,900 calorie-a-day diet with a high-protein shake in the A.M., then grazed on small snacks (such as egg whites on toast) during the day.

Her Workout:
Trainer Ron Matthews led Carpenter, 33, through 60 minutes of back-to-back moves, including running, lunges, abs and lifting weights four to six days a week.
Jamie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 04:08 PM   #2
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Thanks, Jamie! I had wondered if CC would be in that roundup, but hadn't checked it out. I'm glad you did!

Her regimen sounds very commonsensical and in line with what she's done in the past: a decent amount of decent food, and a decent amount of regular exercise. Heaven knows it worked.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:28 PM   #3
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie82
In the new US Weekly magazine (with J.Lo on the cover), they have some celebrity moms tell how they got back into shape after their pregnancy. And they have Charisma tell how she did it:

"When you gain 50 pounds during pregnancy like I did, you fear that you'll never get back into shape", the five-foot-seven former Angel star tells US. " It was a challenge, but I worked at it, and 10 months after Donovan was born, I posed for Playboy!"

What she ate:
She began her 1,650-1,900 calorie-a-day diet with a high-protein shake in the A.M., then grazed on small snacks (such as egg whites on toast) during the day.

Her Workout:
Trainer Ron Matthews led Carpenter, 33, through 60 minutes of back-to-back moves, including running, lunges, abs and lifting weights four to six days a week.
I betcha that many new moms will try out that method of fitness... hell, if it gave Charisma that body to pose for Playboy, why not give it a shot.

Any new pic accompanying the article?

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:48 PM   #4
PassionBTVS

must be nice to be that motivated..
of course she is CC and she can do anything..good for her.
Cordy's Team #162
Illyria: We cling to what is gone. Is there anything in this life but grief?.
Gunn:Come on, Sparky, let’s go: this heart ain’t gonna cut itself out.

thanks Psychofilly for the avie!!
PassionBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:03 PM   #5
Bibliophile

Old 06-16-2004, 12:25 PM   #6
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

She actually gained a lot of weight with her pregnancy. I thought the rule was 25-35 lbs? I know that the thiner you are at the beginning of your pregnancy the more you can gain but I didn't think you were supposed to go over the 35 lbs for health reasons.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:04 PM   #7
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
She actually gained a lot of weight with her pregnancy. I thought the rule was 25-35 lbs? I know that the thiner you are at the beginning of your pregnancy the more you can gain but I didn't think you were supposed to go over the 35 lbs for health reasons.
I know lots of women gain 50-60 pounds when they get pregnant. I think sometimes, if a woman is very trim, she does gain more, just because she needs the extra body weight to support the pregnancy. 25-35 pounds is what doctors recommend, though.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:24 PM   #8
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I thought the rule was 25-35 lbs?
And I say "Feh!" to that "rule". I was 114 when I went in for my first appointment with the Oldest Spawnling and when I went into deliver, I was 171. And with my Goat, I was 122 first appointment and when I delivered I was 178. Both times I lost 35-40 pounds at delivery (7lb 4oz of baby first time, 10lb 6 ozs of baby the second) alone. The rest of the weight went with breast feeding and exercise.

(aside: The stomach muscles never went back after the Goat but that was a combination of her being an uberbaby...you could see her feet on the outside of my rib cage...and the C Section)

I understand the theory that a lot of OB's say it's not good to "eat for two" but I always went with my cravings (Italian food and Blue Moon ice cream for the first pregnancy. Chinese food...and Just Drummy and Lemon Ice w/raspberries from Culvers with the second. Both times, just the smell of McDonalds made me ralphin' sick)...and I've got me some pretty healthy kids.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 02:24 PM   #9
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
I understand the theory that a lot of OB's say it's not good to "eat for two" but I always went with my cravings (Italian food and Blue Moon ice cream for the first pregnancy. Chinese food...and Just Drummy and Lemon Ice w/raspberries from Culvers with the second. Both times, just the smell of McDonalds made me ralphin' sick)...and I've got me some pretty healthy kids.
Oh geeze, I remember eating at Luby's for three months straight because the smell of anything other than baked chicken with mashed potatoes made my mother violently ill. (My brothers came along when I was 16 and 19) She'd go upstairs and tuck towels around her bedroom door when my dad cooked for me and him because otherwise she'd throw up so hard she'd break the blood vessels in her face.

Good times, good times. If I remember correctly she put on about 40-50 pounds with both of her pregnancies but lugging kids around and the general excercise you get as a new mom helped her take most of it back off.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:32 PM   #10
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
... but lugging kids around and the general excercise you get as a new mom helped her take most of it back off.
Ah-yup. These days, I sit at about 126...although that has more to do with Winter Internet Ass™ than pregnancies.

Aside: My siblings are about that much younger than me too. In fact, at 17 and 16, they're closer in age to my spanwlings than me.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 03:35 PM   #11
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
Aside: My siblings are about that much younger than me too. In fact, at 17 and 16, they're closer in age to my spanwlings than me.
I have no spawnlings, but Les and Lonnie feel like my spawnlings. Lonnie is currently designing and building a three person motorcycle and Les is in Colorado... how come my parents couldn't wait to have me till they had made all their money? Where is the cosmic love? I ain't saying how much I weigh, no sirree.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:45 PM   #12
Mab
The orbit of your hips

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367
I know lots of women gain 50-60 pounds when they get pregnant. I think sometimes, if a woman is very trim, she does gain more, just because she needs the extra body weight to support the pregnancy. 25-35 pounds is what doctors recommend, though.
Yep, I gained 60.

Wait. Oh! You guys are talking about pregnancy weight gain! Geesh! I thought we were talkin' Krispy Kreme!

Obnoxious Delusional Sycophant
Mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 07:00 PM   #13
argel
beloved cordelia

Lovely. Yet another reason to add to my List of Reasons Never to Be Pregnant. I will never be as motivated as CC to get back in shape. Plus, all that talk about throwing up and feeling sick at the smell of certain foods has really been educational.

But she does look great. Really great. (And the depressing thing is, she's seen me and knows that I do not look "really great." Sigh. Maybe I should pretend that I just had a baby and do CC's 'get back in shape' regimen.)

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.

Last edited by argel; 06-19-2004 at 07:02 PM.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 07:56 PM   #14
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mab
Yep, I gained 60.

Wait. Oh! You guys are talking about pregnancy weight gain! Geesh! I thought we were talkin' Krispy Kreme!

LMAO! If we're talking KK weight, 60 lbs. can be gained in the first trimester. Those are some damn fine doughnuts.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:56 PM   #15
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Yep, I gained 60.

*raises hand* By gosh! I'm a member of that group too.
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote