Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2004, 09:43 PM   #1
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Secunda Speaks

Andy Secunda dropped by the Improv Message Board at some point. Nothing earth-shattering; he just confirmed that the production company which created the pilot for CC's new fall series recently filmed for UPN, Play Nice, will not be able to use Play Nice as CC's new fall series' title in the event UPN elects to add the series to its fall line-up, and the production company is looking at either Because I Said So or Like Cats and Dogs as possible new titles for the series.

I like the second one better than the first, but the contest is reopened.

ETA: Best I can do. If it's still depressing, I'll delete the thread and someone else can start it.

Last edited by SamIAm; 05-13-2004 at 10:09 PM.
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:52 PM   #2
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

What was wrong with using "Play Nice"? Did I miss something?

I honestly don't like either title to be honest, but if I had to choose, I'd go with "Like Cats and Dogs"

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #3
Kit

I don't know..."Play Nice" just sounds so much cooler...something that would grab people's attention.

Are the two titles the only ones they're considering? If so, I like the second one better.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:57 PM   #4
Platypus
The Pointy End

I had to read this a couple of times - at first glance, I thought "they" meant UPN, "can't use" meant not picking up the pilot, and "looking at" meant choosing other shows to fill the slots. It was all very depressing.

I kind of like the one with the cats and dogs, but then again I was never very attached to "Play Nice", so it's all good. And I'm choosing to take it as a very good sign that they are looking at choosing a new title - it may not mean anything, but why bother unless there's still a good possibility that the show will be picked up for the fall?!?

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:57 PM   #5
ehab
Perpetually Confused

One of the names suggested on the board was "Enough Already".

I quite like that.

Also, "Me, My Sis, and I"
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:58 PM   #6
Rydeen

I believe that Like cats and dogs is also taken, it was a movie with cats and dogs(obviously) that could talk.
Rydeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:02 PM   #7
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

cordy_n_angel - Play Nice is the title of a cartoon so I guess it can't be re-used. Shame b/c I really liked it. Cats and Dogs works well too, i.e. they [Emma and her brother] fight like cats and dogs.

Sam - I agree with Platy, reword your post man, I got very depressed as I was reading

Raydeen - The movie was called The Truth About Cats and Dogs so the title Cats and Dogs is fair game as far as I know.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:04 PM   #8
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordy_n_angel
What was wrong with using "Play Nice"? Did I miss something?
Apparently there's an animated series using the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Are the two titles the only ones they're considering?
Officially I guess. He's entertaining other suggestions at the message board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
I had to read this a couple of times - at first glance, I thought "they" meant UPN, "can't use" meant not picking up the pilot, and "looking at" meant choosing other shows to fill the slots. It was all very depressing.
Are you suggesting my writing lacks a certain clarity? 'Cause you wouldn't be the first.

Quote:
And I'm choosing to take it as a very good sign that they are looking at choosing a new title - it may not mean anything, but why bother unless there's still a good possibility that the show will be picked up for the fall?!?
Well, he's pretty non-commital about it; speaking as though at best they want to give the pilot a name before it disappears into obscurity. Then again, in the post above, he predicted the pilot would never get made. He's my kind of guy; pessimist to the core.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:05 PM   #9
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehab
One of the names suggested on the board was "Enough Already".
Ooooh, I like this one!

ETA:

Quote:
Well, he's pretty non-commital about it; speaking as though at best they want to give the pilot a name before it disappears into obscurity. Then again, in the post above, he predicted the pilot would never get made. He's my kind of guy; pessimist to the core.
Maybe he doesn't want to get his hopes up? It is a very fickle industry afterall.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson

Last edited by Kit; 05-13-2004 at 10:09 PM.
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:48 PM   #10
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm
Are you suggesting my writing lacks a certain clarity? 'Cause you wouldn't be the first.
Nah. Consider the source. It's one of my job duties to make English sound like a foreign language, not to mention sometimes being required to read between, through and under the lines in order to support shaky interpretations. It sometimes impairs my ability to interact with the written word.

Quote:
Given that I spent a large chunk of my AtS viewing life being pessimistic to the core (only to end up proven largely right, I might add), I'm choosing to take the optimistic high road on these kinds of CC issues. Let's see if I can use my powers for good, and not just evil.

By the way, thanks for bringing this over!

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:11 AM   #11
MrPresident

Aww, this sucks. I liked Play Nice. Hmm, what about Brother and Sister? Ok, lame...
MrPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 07:55 AM   #12
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
It sometimes impairs my ability to interact with the written word.
Twenty years of military-speak pretty much solidified my writing deficiencies.

Quote:
Let's see if I can use my powers for good, and not just evil.
I want to be optimistic, but it isn't working. Though I gotta say, someone should recognize that CC in a sitcom has to be a good idea.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:11 AM   #13
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Legally...Something? I dunno, I suck at coming up with titles. Wasn't exactly a big fan of Play Nice either, but I prefer it to the newest two...
Something about Siblings? Laws Of...Something?

I suck man...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:18 PM   #14
Bibliophile

According to The Futon Critic, the show is now going by Cats and Dogs.

Quote:
CATS AND DOGS (A.K.A. PLAY NICE) (UPN) - The Charisma Carpenter/Tyler Labine comedy is now said to be running under the title "Cats and Dogs." Said pilot, which comes from Paramount Network Television and the Littlefield Co., reportedly screened well earlier this week.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:23 PM   #15
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

"Running under" the title Cats and Dogs? Oh, that sounds promising. I'm gonna just play like it is.

(MY POWERS OF POSITIVE THINKING ARE REAL!!! DO NOT MOCK THEM!!!!1111!)

Thanks, Booklover!