Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2004, 09:54 PM   #31
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
BTW, does anyone know if these are all of the pics? Because in the first link, the guy who scanned the pics said something about 2 pictures missing from a two page spread.
Not two, ten. There are ten pages, says the guy selling it on EBay. Plus an interview.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:54 PM   #32
DeeDee
Foxy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina
WOW. She is one sexy mamacita. This settles it. Charisma Carpenter is a genetic miracle. I also thought the pics were very sexy, yet tastefully done.
WORD Carolina! I'm a dancer and I've gotta say that she's got one of the best bodies I've seen in a looooong time and I've seen some amazing bodies male & female.

Charisma is just the total package. Beauty, brains, wit, presence, poise & grace. Plus the girl can act her ass off.

Go 'head Charisma.

The Cute One
DeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:03 PM   #33
v120176

Well, someone has to say it.......WHERE ARE THE ONES THAT CALL CHARISMA FAT, HUH?

Take that Joss!
If that was one of her season for doing it, she shut their mouths with out no chance of open them

GO CHARISMA

10 pages? I have people here looking like crazy (men are drooling and women admiring) with only this and there are more?

V.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:08 PM   #34
roberta

Charisma has an incredible body. A genetic freak. I still feel doing these pics were unneccessary for a woman of her class. She was sexier in FHM and those type of magazines when there was a sense of mystery. If she is expecting her career to take off because of these pics she could be in for a reality check. Very few women become big from Playboy pictorials. She will probably be viewed differently. Just tits and ass.
Angelus: "Like shooting fish in a barrel. Where is the fun in that?"
Angelus: "Good old Wes.....always count on him to tackle a bad situation and make it worse"
Angelus: "Bring on the pain!"
Skip: "Cordelia was chosen to be a higher being because she's such a pure, radiant saint.......please!"
roberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:10 PM   #35
Jennem
casual lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianka
I'm personally disappointed...Yes she is beautiful, but she didn't have to expose herself on Playboy.I think FHM would have been the better choice.I mean look at AA.She went from geeky Fred to sex pot Amy in one single picture.
I guess what you think really depends on how you perceive it. You see it as exposure. I can imagine that Charisma saw it as a celebration of her body...

Obviously, I think its possible to be sexy with your clothes on as well as off, but as many have said, she had more control over what was printed with Playboy, and frankly, I found these to be more esoterically appealing than some of her past photos where she didn't have control over the setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta
Charisma has an incredible body. A genetic freak. I still feel doing these pics were unneccessary for a woman of her class. She was sexier in FHM and those type of magazines when there was a sense of mystery. If she is expecting her career to take off because of these pics she could be in for a reality check. Very few women become big from Playboy pictorials. She will probably be viewed differently. Just tits and ass.
So only unclassy women take their clothes off and pose nude?

She was sexier in FHM and those type of magazines when there was a sense of mystery.

Opinion.

If she is expecting her career to take off because of these pics she could be in for a reality check.

If she is expecting her career to take off because of these pics she could be in for a reality check. Very few women become big from Playboy pictorials. She will probably be viewed differently. Just tits and ass

I doubt she did this because she thought it would give her career a boost. And if she's viewed differently, it will be by a narrow contingent that a) finds something wrong with a naked woman and b) already thinks of women as tits, ass, and another pretty face to begin with.

Last edited by Jennem; 04-27-2004 at 10:15 PM.
Jennem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:13 PM   #36
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri
She already did FHM and Maxim, a few times. And, from what I hear, didn't have the best of experiences with either. At least on Playboy she got control over which pictures would be used, how they were shot and how much of herself she wanted to expose.
Plus, FHM and Maxim don't have near the Q score that Playboy does. Playboy, for better or worse, is an institution. It would be like the difference between appearing on Jimmy Kimmell and appearing on Letterman.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:20 PM   #37
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Very few women become big from Playboy pictorials. She will probably be viewed differently. Just tits and ass.
Yep Charlieze Theron and Sharon Stone both suffered major blows to their careers. Oh and that other no name actress, Drew something or other...

Oh and those 6 actresses that are taking it off for that other mag (can't remember which, it was covered on ET) will probably be out of work soon. I mean who is this Andrea De Meteo chick anyway?
Old 04-27-2004, 10:21 PM   #38
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
If she is expecting her career to take off because of these pics she could be in for a reality check. Very few women become big from Playboy pictorials.
Yeah, look at that nobody Charlize Theron. Oh, and that has-been Drew Barrymore. And can't forget about Carmen Electra. Or Pam Grier. Or Sherilynn Fenn. Or Elle Macpherson. Or Bernadette Peters. Or Cindy Crawford. Or Kim Basinger. Or Tia Carrere. Or Laura Linney. Or- I'm sorry, what were you saying?

Quote:
She will probably be viewed differently. Just tits and ass.
As opposed to before when she was viewed for her t&a? Please. People are gonna see what they wanna see no matter if her clothes are on or off.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:23 PM   #39
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennem
Obviously, I think its possible to be sexy with your clothes on as well as off, but as many have said, she had more control over what was printed with Playboy, and frankly, I found these to be more esoterically appealing than some of her past photos where she didn't have control over the setting.
The thing that strikes me is the lack of self-conscious mythmaking. It isn't an audition. It's not Charisma playing a role or presenting herself as some sort of female archetype, or a series of same. It's not her "trying" to be sexy. It's just a pretty -- okay, gorgeous -- woman posing with very little to wear, and apparently having a great time doing it. It really seems much more like a look at the real CC (and not just the real CC's assets) than the stagy, corny, aggressively "foxy" FHM/Maxim style will allow.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:23 PM   #40
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

I'm a female, who loves males, but i have to admit, those pictures were fabulous. But unlike the men out there, heh, i was paying more attention to her butt.

She has the cutest butt, lol. I'm SO jealous.
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:26 PM   #41
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennem
And if she's viewed differently, it will be by a narrow contingent that a) finds something wrong with a naked woman and b) already thinks of women as tits, ass, and another pretty face to begin with.
Sadly, there are evidently many women that fall into that category. I'm not sure if it's self-loathing, or something else.

As far as the whole generic "FHM" was classy, but this was not "argument", I think that's just about one of the more disappointing (but perhaps not unexpected) opinions put forth. The only difference is a nipple - or rather, two of them. Why are some people so affected by the sight of actual nipples? As others have already pointed out, a lot of the MAXIM and FHM shots are extremely suggestive and sexual, much more so than Charisma's photos here, but somehow it makes sense that if you pose provocatively but don't expose your nipples that it's "classy"? That's nonsense, in my opinion, but reflective I suppose of American arbitrary decency standards.

And I'm not sure what anyone here has to be "disappointed" about - it's not your body, and not your choice. If you believe fundamentally that a woman has the right to do what she wants with her body, including posing nude, then why are you disappointed? Because she didn't make the same choice you might have made? Chrissy has indicated clearly that Charisma was extremely happy with the pictures, and presumably freely made the decision to pose, so let it be.

FWIW, I think Charisma has more class naked than most people do covered up with parkas. Class isn't just about your body - in fact, it has little do with your body. It's about how you conduct yourself and how you present yourself to other people, not to mention how you treat other people and deal with everyday life.

And sorry to get so snippy, but I find it almost offensive that people are taking not-so-subtle jabs at a woman for making a choice about her own body.

ETA: In fact, I find it almost as offensive as comments expressing "disappointment" that she didn't "go all the way", or treat the readers to shots below the belt, etc. These were the pictures she approved. This was what she wanted to show. She's not responsible for what people take from this beyond being willing to do the pictorial in the first place for her own reasons.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Last edited by Platypus; 04-27-2004 at 10:31 PM.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:29 PM   #42
Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Yeah, look at that nobody Charlize Theron. Oh, and that has-been Drew Barrymore. And can't forget about Carmen Electra. Or Pam Grier. Or Sherilynn Fenn. Or Elle Macpherson. Or Bernadette Peters. Or Cindy Crawford. Or Kim Basinger. Or Tia Carrere. Or Laura Linney. Or- I'm sorry, what were you saying?
Laura Linney posed for Playboy? Seriously? Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just always thought she was a VERY serious actress and not really the type to pose.

**This statement was in no way meant to be a slam to any actress who poses for Playboy; but seriously, Laura Linney doesn't seem the type. I could very well be wrong.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:29 PM   #43
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

Quote:
Dude...we've gone through the list so many times.

Drew Barrymore, Charlize Theron, Farrah Fawcett, Jane Seymour, Kim Bassinger, Nancy Sinatra, Bo Derek, Robin Givens, Cindy Crawford, Stephanie Seymour, Shannon Doherty, Daryl Hannah, Tia Carrere, Kristy Swanson, Deedee Pheiffer...I don't think any of these women are known as "tits and ass". They're all respected in their own careers, unless I'm mistaken.
"Ever heard this story? There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat...died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day, the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat. And the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then he died, too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life."
-Spike
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:30 PM   #44
Nyah

Beautiful!

A woman who is going to be as choosy about her next project as we are led to believe that Charisma is is not going to pose nude simply for a career boost. I was always under the impression that she did this just because she wanted to. She has a great body and I say more power to her!
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:35 PM   #45
Bullocks
holding onto hope

I'm not a fan of the photos but applause to her for doing them.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote