Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2004, 12:17 AM   #16
LaLa247
Wooo!

I think we can discuss this without bashing SMG.

SMG is a good actress, in my opinion, but she's not Wonder Woman. This also goes the way of typecasting (the main reason why LL rejected the role), and I thought SMG wanted to run from it.

Charisma just looks the type. Dark hair, tall, curvy, tan, beautiful smile, beautiful face, and- let's face it, boys- boobs. The body is a big part of WW, and CC is one of the only people who can pull it off.

WW also needs to be exotic looking. SMG looks All American (As does the majority of the other actresses being considered), while CC looks very exotic.

It's just a matter of who's better for the part and who can give a 'wink' while delivering their lines.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:29 AM   #17
v120176

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
Sorry if my post sounded like a SMG bashing, it wasn't my intention, but I really dislike SMG as an actress, like I think EC is great or the best actor of the buffyverse was VK ( i mean if that kid could do just something with the parts he got on season 4, he deserves an Oscar, an Emmy, a Golden Globe.... even a Grammy!). I think SMG has experience and TV timing but I also think her performance out of BTVS were bad when she was the center. In horror movies, she did fine.

V.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:40 AM   #18
Mab
The orbit of your hips

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247

SMG is a good actress, in my opinion, but she's not Wonder Woman. This also goes the way of typecasting (the main reason why LL rejected the role), and I thought SMG wanted to run from it.

Charisma just looks the type. Dark hair, tall, curvy, tan, beautiful smile, beautiful face, and- let's face it, boys- boobs. The body is a big part of WW, and CC is one of the only people who can pull it off.

WW also needs to be exotic looking. SMG looks All American (As does the majority of the other actresses being considered), while CC looks very exotic.

It's just a matter of who's better for the part and who can give a 'wink' while delivering their lines.
Well said, La. (I was kinda wincing at the anorexic and midget comments.)

When I was 2, I "became" Wonder Woman. I had the bathing suit, the underoos and the magic lasso. If I can't be Wonder Woman (and I'm thinkin' that I'm not even in the running), then nothing would make me happier than Charisma in the role.

Face it, she has the hair, the height, the attitude and the boobs.

Obnoxious Delusional Sycophant
Mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 02:17 AM   #19
Cordy Chase
At last...

I'd be afraid of Sarah winning it, too, just because she was Buffy. Which means nothing to me, but you know Hollywood. If she wants to look silly, I say go for it. Because that's what it would be. She doesn't look a thing like WW.

Charisma is far more physically suited for the part, and I really hope they don't overlook her just because she's not "well known". She was on TV for seven or eight years, what more do they want?

Cassie

"Maybe he just needs to get out of the house, and since I'm currently one of the women sitting home thinking, 'If I could only find a man like Aragorn', he picked me." - Lorelai
Cordy Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:10 AM   #20
fielding

SMG would be absolutely ridiculous in the role.

Aside from Charisma, I think Famke Janssen would be a good choice.
fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:15 AM   #21
QueenC
All.About.Her...

SMG worked for Buffy because there was a certain symbolism, if you will, to having a petite, "delicate" girl be the one who was so powerful...

but I completely agree that in no way is SMG physically suited to playing WW. I really can't see the PTB behind the movie risking SMG as WW because the fact is... no one would buy her as the heroine. Unlike Buffy, which was JW's creation, WW is such an identifiable character that the movie NEEDS someone physically right for the role. And CC would be perfect! And she would bring fantastic energy to the role.

Casting SMG as WW would be like casting Seth Green as Superman (no disrespect at all to SG as an actor -- love him! -- in case anyone was wondering.. )

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:32 AM   #22
Bernie the Moose

My thoughts on the compitition:

SMG is too short and skinny.
Lucy L. is too mannish.
Famke J. is already Jean Grey.
Jennifer C. is too dramatic.

And i really do think its now between CC and SMG. I said this earlier(not sure if it was here or C-C.com) but SMG would just do this to get her Buffy title to go away. CC has a good shot i think.
Bernie the Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:29 AM   #23
jerry

I would think that if they really are casting a Wonder Woman right now, that Jennifer Garner would probably be at or near the top of the list. Not that she'd be better in the role than Charisma, necessarily - I don't think she would be. But she looks right for the part (unlike, say SMG), is the right age (Lucy Lawless is probably a bit older than they would like), she's more famous, and she's already proven her ability to be a convincing action star.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:38 AM   #24
missdini

I'd love to see CC play WW. But i think they'll take an actress who is more known. But i really hope it's going to be CC.

As for SMG, she simply doesn't look like WW. She's too short and too thin imo, nothing like WW!
missdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:56 AM   #25
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Well, Jennifer Garner has already done one of this type of movie, so perhaps CC has that going for her.

Last edited by SamIAm; 02-08-2004 at 12:28 PM.
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:17 PM   #26
dollparts
1 800 wired

someone on the IMDB suggested Jodi Lyn O Keefe. Who I adore. Plus she's practically an amazon. She's huge.

So if not Charisma, her. I'd like to see them go with someone less famous. I'd think SMG would want to play something other than a superhero.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:29 PM   #27
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
Well, Jennifer Garner has already done one of these type of movies, so perhaps CC has that going for her.
Not just one movie, either; Electra is getting her own spinoff movie/possible tentpole. That may affect whether the producers would decide to hang another franchise on her.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:49 PM   #28
jerry

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
Not just one movie, either; Electra is getting her own spinoff movie/possible tentpole. That may affect whether the producers would decide to hang another franchise on her.
Well, that's very true - given her time-consuming day job, if either a Daredevil sequel or an Electra spinoff went forward, JG probably wouldn't be available for another action film for quite a while. But she'd still probably be on the wish list.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 03:20 PM   #29
Mab
The orbit of your hips

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie the Moose

SMG is too short and skinny.
Lucy L. is too mannish.

I don't see why people need to bash other actresses in order to validate Charisma's suitability for the role. It's simply not necessary. Charisma is simply the ideal candidate. Period. Dot. End of story.

Obnoxious Delusional Sycophant
Mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 03:36 PM   #30
Platypus
The Pointy End

I don't think it's bashing to state that SMG is short or skinny. She IS short, and she is a very thin actress. Let's face it, she's a tiny woman.

Physical compatibility is always a consideration in the casting of superhero roles - I can remember how many people were wailing about Michael Keaton being cast as Batman, or about Tobey Maguire being cast as Spiderman. Both of those turned out rather well, but my point is unless someone is harping on physical attributes continually whenever they bring up a certain actor or actress in every discussion, I think it's fair game to say that any particular actress isn't physically compatible with the ideal of Wonder Woman. And since I think at some point SMG also let it be known that she was interested in the role, it's fair game and, I think, relevant to the discussion.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote