Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2004, 09:00 AM   #46
Sugar Bliss
Good Advice Giver

If Charisma wants to do Playboy I'm all for it. Her career is by no means failing so she's really not in the "desperate actress" category - and to say those are the only type to appear in Playboy isn't terribly fair. The way I see it, it's her body and her choice. She's breatakingly beautiful and has a great body. This could get her publicity and make her more sucessful because sex sells. The people who'll bitch at her for it in a nasty manner would bitch at her anyway as they are The Usual Suspects. Who cares what they think, really?

If Charisma is happy with the decision, and the photos that result, I'm happy too. But if it's something Charisma isn't completely comfortable with she should pass the offer up. If she's fine with it yay nudity. Lots of actresses bare all on film and in magazines and it only gets them more attention. Some may not like the fact that a lot of that attention is of the "Woah, she's hot." variety but really a lot of actresses are subject to that no matter what they wear, or don't wear as the case may be.
Team Cordy™ #8

"For I am Satan" - Kath, MSN, 28th July, 2002

me, myself, and I

Sugar Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:10 AM   #47
Dead star
Exhausting for all to be

If she decides to do it why not with a body like that why not show it of.
But if she doesnt do it fine by me she's the best nude or not.
But its up to her to decide.

Last edited by Dead star; 02-05-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Dead star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:12 AM   #48
LaLa247
Wooo!

Okay, let's be honest.

We're talking about this all over the place and some are with it, some against it, but...

Would you buy the issue if she did it? Would you say "Yay, boobies!" and spill the six or seven dollars?
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:20 AM   #49
arkady

Don't know if I'd go "Yay Boobies!" but I'd probably go "Yay Charisma". Then be all jealous of how fantastic she looks. So I'd have to say that if I saw it and it was a decent sized article I'd probably buy it.
arkady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:36 AM   #50
jerry

Just my two cents, but if Charisma has a fall TV show, or a good movie role, and an appearance in Playboy helps to promote that, that would be fine. I'd buy. I would prefer not to see her appearing in Playboy as an unemployed actress who is still looking for work, for exactly the reasons a lot of people have said.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:46 AM   #51
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

That could be what this is all about.

If she does appear in PlayBoy, I'd by the magazine to see what the pictures look like. I'm guessing that they would be more artsy type photos like then anything else.

The only other time I actually wanted to see a spread was when Katarina Witt was in the magazine and I thought they were very nice pics.

Last edited by Morrigan; 02-05-2004 at 10:06 AM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:58 AM   #52
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

I don't know what to think, which troubles me. There are connotations both positive and negative, and I have to wonder if it could affect her chances at a network sitcom (unreasonable, perhaps, but not entirely unforeseeable).

On the other hand -- if, say, she had been signed to star in a big new premium-cable series, or a major motion picture -- it could be exactly the right move. Plenty of actresses do nudity for prestige projects.

CC also may have personal reasons for doing a pictorial that have little or nothing to do with its publicity value. Maybe she really does want to put as much distance -- emotionally, professionally, psychologically, whatever -- between herself and Camp Whedonesque as possible. That too is her prerogative.

To make a short story boring: I'd buy it. I wouldn't judge it, and I'd blow off the Usual Suspects who will. (I mean, Jeebus, what are they gonna do, get her fired some more? Those people may as well be invisible now.) Yet I'll have to get more context to know how I'll feel about it.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:06 AM   #53
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
I don't know what to think, which troubles me. There are connotations both positive and negative, and I have to wonder if it could affect her chances at a network sitcom (unreasonable, perhaps, but not entirely unforeseeable).
Well, it certainly didn't stop NBC from giving Jenny McCarthy her own sitcom a few years back, and that was pretty much the ONLY thing for which she was known. But I agree with you on all other points.

I don't think I personally care to discuss it or speculate until more information is forthcoming, which both Chrissy and Shalazar suggested would be the case. I don't think those two sources would have mentioned it if it were purely in the realm of the hypothetical, so I guess it's being seriously considered right now by CC and her managers. FWIW, I'd much rather hear an announcement about her next new project, because this is just sizzle, and I'm hungrier for some steak.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:44 AM   #54
askew

Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
I am sort of in the same boat. I really don't know what to think either. However, I have been somewhat wondering if she was going to have problems getting auditions, etc. because of her age. Maybe this is a way to get publicity and to show that she still has "it", which would help her land a part?
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:58 AM   #55
imona
Eat my dust!

Re: Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally posted by askew
I am sort of in the same boat. I really don't know what to think either. However, I have been somewhat wondering if she was going to have problems getting auditions, etc. because of her age. Maybe this is a way to get publicity and to show that she still has "it", which would help her land a part?
How could anyone who's seen her, doubt she has "it"? Her cleavage has garnered mentions in more than one review of the AtS 100th episode. My problem is, there seem to be 3 types that do Playboy. Unknowns, desperate has-beens, and actresses who are stable in their career but want to change their image. I don't think Charisma is stable enough in her career right now to have it look like anything other than desperate.

"Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware he had been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year." from The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories by Tim Burton
Charisma's BITCH #7
Team Cordy #183
imona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:59 AM   #56
tojoson

another person who has done a pictorial who no one has mentioned (i'm surprised) is jamie pressley, this months cover and pictorial and hot right now.

these pictorials always have catchy titles, if CC did do it, she could have them title it.
HEY JOSS, NO BABY FAT HERE

hee, hee wouldn't that be a kick in the ass
Old 02-05-2004, 12:31 PM   #57
KarKar

I can see this as an image-changer a la Jessica Biel and Alyssa Milano but frankly, I worry how the genre fans, especially the female ones would take this.

And yes, I’d dread the “folks” who would comment about CC being desperate, over the hill and flat out bimbo actress who has to resort to this to get attention.

Even here Jaime gets flak for her Playboy status. And so far she hasn’t been taken seriously as an actress.

And Jamie Pressley, while I think she’s hysterical and underrated, is pretty much delegated to blonde sexpot roles to date. Which is something CC had supposedly wanted to stay clear of.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:37 PM   #58
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
Okay, let's be honest.

We're talking about this all over the place and some are with it, some against it, but...

Would you buy the issue if she did it? Would you say "Yay, boobies!" and spill the six or seven dollars?
To put it lightly....Yes.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally posted by KarKar
Even here Jaime gets flak for her Playboy status. And so far she hasn’t been taken seriously as an actress.
Well, the difference between Charisma doing it and Jaime Pressly is that Jaime was a Playmate. And even then, I honestly don't see many people who know her as one(more people know her as the chick in the new Poison Ivy then that). There are a large number of celebrities who have done it and don't have "Playboy" attatched to their names:
Shannon Elizabeth
Charlize Theron
Sharon Stone
Farrah Fawcett(I believe)
Shannon Doherty
And alot more that I can't name off the top of my head right now.

ETAA:
Dedee Pheifer
Gabrielle Reece
Brooke Burke
...I could go on, but I've had to look a few of these up.
"Ever heard this story? There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat...died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day, the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat. And the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then he died, too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life."
-Spike

Last edited by Dimitri; 02-05-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:53 PM   #59
KarKar

Quote:
Originally posted by Dimitri
Well, the difference between Charisma doing it and Jaime Pressly is that Jaime was a Playmate.
But see, I don't think people will draw the distinction.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dimitri
There are a large number of celebrities who have done it and don't have "Playboy" attatched to their names:
Shannon Elizabeth
Charlize Theron
Sharon Stone
Farrah Fawcett(I believe)
Shannon Doherty
Besides Stone, the rest do have Playboy attached to their name and not neccessarily in good ways. People still make fun of Farrah and that spread. Not to mention that legendarily bad painting pay-per-view.

And even Theron has had repercussions. There's a real feel that she's had to go the "Kidman-Halle" route and go ugly to get respect as an actress in "Monster."
Old 02-05-2004, 12:57 PM   #60
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

I've honestly never heard a person mention any of the actresses I've mentioned, except maybe Shannon Elizabeth, who did her pictorial before her movie even came out, mentioned along with Playboy.

Either way, there are a thousand celebrities that I haven't mentioned and chances are, like Gabrielle Reece, I didn't know appeared in Playboy. I don't think there'll be much harm in Charisma appearing because, unlike Shannon Elizabeth, Carmen Electra and Jaime Pressly, she actually has acting talent.
"Ever heard this story? There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat...died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day, the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat. And the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then he died, too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life."
-Spike
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote