Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2004, 05:12 PM   #1
LaLa247
Wooo!

Your Favorite *Charisma* Moments?

She's done quite a few interviews on television and in magazines. She's said a lot in many, many magazines; and has done a lot of things on Craig Kilborne, the Keenan Ivory Wayans Show, and so on. It can be from AtS, MM, The Groomsmen- just your fav. Charisma moment.

For me, it has to be her BBC interview where the convo is halted so she can dance with JAR. He comes running in and they just break into dance. From her "J. August!", his "Fo' sure!" and their little routine with her story in the middle of the dancing just *kills* me. It looks like he was standing to the side during her interview and the clip really showed how close those two were/are (you can hear him laughing and chiming in after the dance). And did she call him "Burnsie"? I have the clip if anyone wants it. PM...

Since C-C.com is down, clips of her apparences in places are available, but you get the jist.

So, anyone else? It can be quotes, things she did, anything!
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 01-30-2004 at 05:25 PM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 05:18 PM   #2
Mab
The orbit of your hips

Was it the E-online chat when she used the word "ri-donk-ulous?"

Still makes me giggle.

Obnoxious Delusional Sycophant
Mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 05:23 PM   #3
missdini

I like the BBC interview too. She comes across so natural and really nice. And it really looks like she and JAR got along very well! They were so cute together in that clip!
missdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 05:51 PM   #4
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

I have NO idea why, but in "Rm W/ a Vu" when she said "Antlers" and did the whole hand thing. It made me smile for no apparent reason. heh
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 06:22 PM   #5
itsyogyrl
Lee Mercer Fan!

I liked her in the MTV: Videos That Don't Suck thingy. She was very cute and funny. Also, the cast as a whole seemed like they were really close, and they got along well.

I thought her hair was terrific when she was on KTLA in 2001. I forgot the exact date, but they showed a clip from "Carpe Noctem". I know hair is not a moment, but still... It was great.

"Various anti-Bush groups plan to protest his inauguration by lining the streets and turning their backs on his motorcade. You know that's not going to work. He's just gonna get out to see what they're all looking at." --Amy Poehler, Weekend Update 12-18-04
itsyogyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 07:06 PM   #6
Chelle

I have got to say the way she handled the whole "leaving" ATS situation. It is in bad, difficult, or painful moments that a person's true self shines through and the way she handled this, through the media and to the fans, showed great maturity and intelligence.

She gets a great big kudos from me for that and I hope that other, much more powerful people than I, recognized her tact as well.
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 08:21 PM   #7
argel
beloved cordelia

Quote:
Originally posted by Mab
Was it the E-online chat when she used the word "ri-donk-ulous?"

Still makes me giggle.
Yes! That's the one I was thinking of! I believe she was commenting about the Connor/Cordy relationship. She got me started saying "ri-donk-ulous" all the time.

Another one of my favorite Charisma moments was the audio clip in which she gave her fans a personal 'thank you' message. Adorable.

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 09:38 AM   #8
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

The agony of choice. Charisma is the only member of either cast I'd really give a penny to talk with; the thoughtful way she answers questions suggests authentic spiritual depths that very few actors show.

That said, I still consider the E! online chat from last March one of her finest hours. She was days away from delivering her son, still embroiled in what we now know was the most miserable on-set experience of her life, and yet she came out swinging for the fences -- honest, funny, energetic, and still committed to the character and the show. She almost made me want to watch again. That was damn near a miracle all by itself.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:40 AM   #9
Jezza

Quote:
Originally posted by argel
Another one of my favorite Charisma moments was the audio clip in which she gave her fans a personal 'thank you' message. Adorable.
Me too! She just came over so real, and natural and lovely. And also the way she spoke out, was it when renewal was in the balance? (an interview in SFX mag, I think, and also maybe that E! online chat Penny mentioned - sorry, memory's hazy) about how AtS wasn't getting the proper support from the network, with all the time changes etc. Again, as Penny says, you can tell she still felt enormous loyalty to the show and her colleagues, even then.
Jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:14 PM   #10
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Actually my favourite Charisma moment was because of her hair...

It was when she was at the pier in 'In The Dark' and she turns around and her hair flows behind her. It was on the credits for a couple of years and rightly so... i always think of that when i think of Charisma...

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:23 PM   #11
tojoson

i love the off camera laugh she gives when talking to 'aura' the end of 'room with a view'

she has a hearty, lusty laugh, which is very hard to fake, this tells me she is/was a very happy person
Old 02-01-2004, 12:08 AM   #12
Cordy Chase
At last...

Definitely her recorded message to the fans. That was so sweet of her to do for us, and it was absolutely adorable. What has made me such a fan of hers is that she seems like such a genuinely good and likeable person. You just wanna hug her and tell her how wonderful she is.

Cassie

"Maybe he just needs to get out of the house, and since I'm currently one of the women sitting home thinking, 'If I could only find a man like Aragorn', he picked me." - Lorelai
Cordy Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 01:12 AM   #13
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

I love the moment in "Into The Dark" where she spins around like that but it was never in the actual episode, just in the credits I believe, if I'm wrong, please correct me cause I love that scene from the credits. I do picture that when I think of CC sometimes.

I'd have to say her shinning moment would be a tie between her message to her fans and that first KTLA interview after her split from AtS, it must have been really hard for her cause she knew the questions would come and she was so classy, just sticking to "See Jane Date" and not commenting on AtS.

That actually brings up another thing I admire her for, she could have slammed Joss and the rest of the AtS crew since she was canned, but she's been very polite and mature about the whole thing whereas I don't think I could have been.

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
cordyangel2776

I think in the dark part y'all were talking about was in the episode I could be mistaken though
Old 08-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #15
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

I love the dance with JAR. I used to have that clip saved on my computer.

I think my favorite Charisma moment was when Emma, I think it was, put together the Stranger Things book of letters for her and gave them to her at the taping of the pilot of "Like Cats and Dogs." It's because Charisma knows us and knows we enjoy her work. Being a Stranger means something to her.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote