Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2004, 02:51 PM   #1
Platypus
The Pointy End

Miss Match Spoiler Thread

Penny, I hope you don't mind, but I just hate using spoiler font!

Anyhoo, I wanted to start a thread to discuss the two upcoming Miss Match episodes. News is that Serena will be a love interest for Kate's Dad, played by Ryan O'Neal. I think it's fabulous news, because I think it will be comedy gold. (Heh. I'd pay good money for an episode where Farrah Fawcett guest stars as his ex-wife and Kate's mom, and dukes it out with Charisma!)

In any event, I think it's good for a few reasons other than just being potentially hi-larious. One, it gives Serena a reason to interact with someone other than Kate - and integration into the main cast is a good thing. Two, it will let Charisma showcase a flirty side to the character, as opposed to just a bitchy, snotty side. I hope the writers don't veer too much in the direction of caricature the way they sort of did in "Santa Baby". I really hope they deal with Serena actually LIKING Ryan's character for reasons that go beyond superficial ones. It might be nice if they explored some of the issues of loneliness that have been suggested in prior episodes - then again, it is a comedy more than a drama, so I don't expect it to get too heavy.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 03:13 PM   #2
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Haven't they already had someone appear as Kate's mom?
Old 01-30-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
Haven't they already had someone appear as Kate's mom?
Yes -- JoBeth Williams.

And Platy, I was about to decide we needed an MM spoiler thread anyway, especially now that CC is practically a recurring/regular. Good deal!
Old 01-30-2004, 03:22 PM   #4
racingjunkie

that's super news!
great potential to lead to more episodes! woo and hoo!
guess I better start tuning in - is it on hiatus?
racingjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 03:29 PM   #5
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
Yes -- JoBeth Williams.
Ah. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:29 PM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by racingjunkie
guess I better start tuning in - is it on hiatus?
The latest we have is that the show returns (but not with a CC ep) on February 27. This is not from an official Web site, though, so take it as you will.

By the way, we're currently e-mailing the network to ask when it does come back, because we're just dying to see that adorable Carpenter girl again...so here's the e-mail:

MissMatch@nbc.com
Old 01-30-2004, 03:33 PM   #7
racingjunkie

thanks Penny!

I just sent that all imporant email!

rj
racingjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #8
Platypus
The Pointy End

Whoops! I didn't know we'd already seen Kate's mom - I've only watched the two CC eps, and two others besides those, so I may have missed that one.

I wonder how they are going to get Serena and Ryan O'Neal's character (what's his name?) together. Do they just show up together in a scene, informing Kate of the news? Does Serena perhaps come back to see Kate to demand she make good on the $1000 already paid - and pretty much camp out at her office until she does? That would provide a way for her to see more of Kate's dad. Or maybe her dad actually goes to Kate as a client, wanting to be set up with someone?

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 04:01 PM   #9
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
I wonder how they are going to get Serena and Ryan O'Neal's character (what's his name?) together. Do they just show up together in a scene, informing Kate of the news? Does Serena perhaps come back to see Kate to demand she make good on the $1000 already paid - and pretty much camp out at her office until she does?
It's hard to say. I know Jerry already has met Serena, but I'm trying to remember if he remembers that Serena is Kate's high school friend. I can see them doing the cliché/classic "trapped in a small space" thing -- you know, two characters get stuck in an elevator and are forced to learn more about each other.

Then again, it may turn out to be a fait accompli so we can get straight to Kate pulling faces about it.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:15 PM   #10
Bibliophile

If I'm remembering correctly, Serena and Jerrold meet at the law office when Serena goes to talk to Kate about fixing her up. There's a small exchange in the outer office where Serena introduces herself to Jerrold again and mentions that she went to high school with Katie. He shakes her hand but doesn't take much notice of her because he's excited about hot nanny coming in for a meeting.

Since there's not really an established on-screen relationship between these two the show could really do anything when it comes to hooking them up.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:23 PM   #11
Silly Gilly
RamRod

I still think Ryan O'Neal is cute. He and Serena, it may just work. Maybe.
Silly Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #12
Andromeda7_4

Well, I think it's too bad they have to pair her with an actor that old (he could be her father!!).
But, Hollywood does this to actresses all the time; so I guess they come to expect it.

But I still think it's Ewwwwwwwww!
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:33 AM   #13
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Andromeda7_4
But I still think it's Ewwwwwwwww!
WE KNOW.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:27 AM   #14
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
WE KNOW.
LOL Hee!

My only fear with the Serena/Kate's Dad storyline is that it's going to lead to a big whining fit from Kate to Michael...and I don't wanna spend the entire night trying to slit my wrists with a pen, y'know?

Just saying, I hope they go for the comic gold instead of the melodrama.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 11:33 AM   #15
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
WE KNOW.
*snarf*

Nothing to add, moving along....

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote