Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2004, 08:43 PM   #16
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

To echo everyone, What Platy Said(TM).

You know, CC is the only person who I've liked more after hearing about her (personal) life. Most folks, when I read an interview- I wish I hadn't. (Certain X-File male leads come to mind, or poor, clueless DB). I genuinely *like* her.

Huh. Weird.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:44 PM   #17
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovin' Lorne
In her answer to the statement "You don't want to dwell on it." The second line.
On my read of the interview, it's somewhat clear that she was extremely unhappy and uncomfortable with her role in the 4th season, in particular because she no longer had faith that the writers knew how to "serve" the Cordy character, so it's unsurprising she was contemplating leaving of her own accord.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 08:45 PM   #18
Silly Gilly
RamRod

Props to the inteviewer because he/she did homework before interviewing.

I have never loved Charisma more. I'm speechless.

Thanks Tara for bringing this over.
Silly Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 09:15 PM   #19
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Wonderful, wonderful. I'm so glad Joan got this interview. Many thanks to her.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:26 PM   #20
Angelia

Quote:
In her answer to the statement "You don't want to dwell on it." The second line.
I guess it depends on how you read it because I took her answer ("...well, I was laboring on whether to return or not return or how to proceed myself.") to mean she was contemplating on whether or not to return for the 100th episode and not in regards to if she wanted to return for S5. Going back to re-read I see what y'all are saying now. I guess I just figured since she was on contract that whether or not she wanted to come back for S5 was pretty much out of her hands so I didn't take the statement that way when I first read it. I'm just glad that everything's turned out well for her in the end and that she's happy. I'm actually starting to think she was the lucky one to have gotten out of the debacle that is S5 of AtS.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Angelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 09:42 PM   #21
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
I like that she's going after what she wants (half-hour comedy) instead of feeling like she has to take whatever she can get. I admire that. And while she may be gambling, there's always the trite platitude that without risk, there can be no reward. That being said, I don't think she's actually turned anything down - it was more a "I hope I don't end up turning something down".
Are you sure? Cause I did read this part as her saying she's had turned things down. Now that might be something like a permenent role on MM instead of recuring or something totally different.
Quote:
CC: Well, that's my goal. I just hope it doesn't backfire on me [laughs] where I don't turn down a bunch of great opportunities because one-hour's have come my way but I've just been saying no. It's been a difficult thing because some great opportunities have come and I've just been holding my breath and praying...I'm basically gambling hoping something will come along this season and if not, I don't know what the future holds.
I could be wrong though, it certainly wouldn't be the first time

Last edited by Morrigan; 01-13-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #22
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
It's been a difficult thing because some great opportunities have come and I've just been holding my breath and praying...
I guess it depends on how you interpret it Morrigan. (Not that any of us would be accused of interpreting anything CC or Cordy related seven ways to Sunday!) I took it to mean that Charisma had been presented with some great half-hour comedy "opportunities", and was praying that one of them would materialize. And she hoped that, while waiting for one to materialize, she didn't turn down hour long work.

Or maybe I'm just optimistic.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 09:57 PM   #23
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Ah, see I didn't even think about it that way. Interesting view. In either case I do hope something good comes up for her. Although, I'm a bit bummed that I won't get to see CC mix it up with Richard Schiff, Josh Molina and the cast of TWW. She so would have worked on Toby's new writing staff
Old 01-13-2004, 09:58 PM   #24
Bibliophile

Great interview! CC always comes across as so poised and thoughtful; she's seems genuine as opposed to employing whatever attitude is "in" at the moment. I agree with what Psychofilly said. CC is the only person I've liked more after after reading interviews with her. There are several actresses I've come to dislike so much after seeing them on talk shows that it pains me to watch their show or movies afterwards. With CC it's the opposite; I like her more and more each time I get to see her out of character.

Quote:
Her mom seems to be doing a good job of keeping her up on things...humm....I wonder if that chick at CC.com is her mom???

Could be....
I thought the same thing.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:02 PM   #25
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela
Since I haven't done this in a while:

What Platy said.
I was just going to say the same thing. What Angela said, then? Same thing, really.

Anyway, yeah: What Platy said!

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 10:19 PM   #26
tojoson

this interview must have taken place very recently, because they had split the production of miss match 3 over the holidays, and she had just finished that ep., so it was probably done last week, most likely at her home (baby needing a bath).

excellent to here about the 4th miss match, and that CC is happy and getting along so well.

someone (maybe wrongda) recently wrote that NBC may be thinking of dumping miss match from it's old place and rolling it out in a different timeslot with a lot of publicity. i wouldn't mind seeing that.

i think this interview pretty much answers most of the questions i would think of for shalazar's possible interview, of course it would be nice if she gave him one too.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:40 PM   #27
Jake

Great, great interview. Hope she gets a great half-hour comedy pilot. She seems happy. Great work on the interview.

Anyone know who Raymond is?
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 10:44 PM   #28
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Jake
Anyone know who Raymond is?
He's CC's publicist.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:27 PM   #29
Nirvana 1
Negative Creep

She is so classy and very well spoken. I like her more and more everytime I read one of her interviews. It was also awesome of her to thank everyone for the ad. Glad to see her happy.
Nirvana 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:28 AM   #30
argel
beloved cordelia

She's amazing. I am making it a career goal to work with CC in television before I die. I like her more and more as time goes by.

Kudos to Joan for being awesome.

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote