Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2003, 03:43 PM   #46
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Still on -- just needing me to get off the dime and finish writing the copy! I think I'm on to something good, though, so I'll post something tonight.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:47 PM   #47
v120176

Hey guys, maybe that interview was the best for CC. I went to the CC's Bio and there's a lot of message, some from yesterdat, ALL positive (believe it or not) and asking, even begging CC's return to ATS.
I know in other boards there's a similar reaction, maybe we can re-post the ADD Campaign on them.

Val.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 03:01 PM   #48
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by v120176
Hey guys, maybe that interview was the best for CC. I went to the CC's Bio and there's a lot of message, some from yesterdat, ALL positive (believe it or not) and asking, even begging CC's return to ATS.
Wow. Sounds like some people who don't frequent the WB site or the Whedon Web are just finding out she's gone. We always wondered what would happen when that happened....
Old 08-12-2003, 03:10 PM   #49
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Heh. Is it bad that this makes me happy?

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 03:13 PM   #50
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by starlet2367
Heh. Is it bad that this makes me happy?
Poor, poor WB. Just when they thought it was safe to go back on their Web site...
Old 08-12-2003, 04:07 PM   #51
landrews1

LOL! Did they really think their *only* audience is addicts like us and no one else would object? And isn't the WB's target older teenage males? Why dismiss the gorgeous, buxom chick who slept with the cast's only older teenage male? Enquiring minds want to know!

Laurie

"The powers that be what?" - Angel, City Of

Thanks Psychofilly and Mistress Mab for the only avatars I own!!
landrews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 04:31 PM   #52
askew

Quote:
I know in other boards there's a similar reaction, maybe we can re-post the ADD Campaign on them.

Val.
Thanks for the update. Personally, I am waiting for the reaction after Angel premieres and CC is missing from the opening credits. I think a lot of people are going to be unpleasantly surprised.

Also, with Sept. coming up around the corner, do you think we need to start fund raising for the ad again? And do we have a date in Sept. in mind?
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

Last edited by askew; 08-12-2003 at 04:39 PM.
askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 04:57 PM   #53
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Originally posted by landrews1
LOL! Why dismiss the gorgeous, buxom chick who slept with the cast's only older teenage male? Enquiring minds want to know!
ROFL! Laurie! This is why I love you! Target audience! Target audience! (And can I use any more exclamation points in this post?!!!!!!)

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 05:16 PM   #54
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by askew
Also, with Sept. coming up around the corner, do you think we need to start fund raising for the ad again? And do we have a date in Sept. in mind?
Definitely. I suggest we shoot for mid-month, square in between SJD and the Miss Match appearance. I've grabbed a quote from Amy Amatangelo's rave review of SJD for the copy....
Old 08-12-2003, 06:11 PM   #55
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Done and done. Pay Pal has been paid!

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 11:23 PM   #56
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

Count me in! I'm definatly on board for another add. We've always got to keep the word out on CC.

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 08:15 PM   #57
Kika
An Endless Repetition

I found this over at CC.com in regards to the Variety ad. As for the reliability of the person, all I can say is that she certainly seems to post a lot of information about Charisma that most people wouldn't know (in fact, most people wouldn't even be able to confirm or deny her information) and I believe she may have posted the information about SJD possibly turning into a series just before Shalazar did.

Last edited by Kika; 08-18-2003 at 08:21 PM.
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 09:56 PM   #58
Platypus
The Pointy End

Thanks Kika! I must say, I'd like to believe that her information is correct, because it would mean that we succeeded in our goal. After all, thanking CC and letting her know how much we've appreciated her was really the point of the ad. Particularly in light of all that has happened since the WB upfronts, and probably before then as well.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 10:04 PM   #59
Elisha
Classic

I’m with Platy (there should be a sign with that written on it.) I do hope this information is correct. While I was a broke bitch and did not manage to donate any money, I know one of the main goals was for Charisma to see it and realize that her fans out there would stick by her.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 02:41 PM   #60
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Hookay, kidzes, our current total is

$636.91

Now that all the D*C activity is out of the way -- and especially given the unexpected and overwhelming response to the Cordy panel -- I think it's time to start banging a gong on this one. I'll find the ad copy on my desktop and post it later. I'm also trying to get a large version of the SJD ad photo.