Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

My So-Called Day with Charisma at Wizard World Philly 2013

Just coming back from Wizard World Philly and it was amazing!!!! Of course the first thing I did when the floor opened at noon was to head over to Charisma's booth. She was scheduled to arrive at 1:00 pm. Of course like any comic convention, she was late. But it seems that all celeb guests was running late because of the massive traffic from the hotel to the convention center. Most guest stars including the wonderful Charisma decided to walk the few blocks in the 90 degree heat.

She arrived in thirty minutes and in high spirits. She was charging $30, which is reasonable since some are charging $40 plus. But with the Playboy issue, she was charging $100. But I brought her something different that the $100 will be worth every penny. When I walked up with my Angel S1 promo and her bikini headshot, whipped out the Japanese edition of her Playboy issue. When she saw the magazine, she is pleasantly shocked. She had no idea that there is a Japanese Playboy, much less her cover on the edition. She then whipped out her iPhone and took a picture of it to tweet before she signed it. I knew that something different will catch her attention.

She had a long line when I left her booth. I walked around the convention for a while before her photo op couple hours later. She remembered me when I stepped up for my turn. Ten seconds later the picture was taken and I said my goodbye before leaving. I was exhausted when I got my photo, so I went home.

The next day, I was getting my other autographs before I headed over to Charisma to signed the photo op picture. She is such a doll and very upbeat. Later on, I went to the Buffy panel where Charisma and James Marsters were on stage. She talked about the time Charisma pranked Nicky by Saranwapping the toilet. She mentioned about her upcoming show "I Survived Evil" on the ID Channel this fall and her hopes for the return of "The Lying Game" to start filming in October. She spoke about her upcoming blog this June, co-authoring with her ex-husband. She was also planning to work on the fashion business that she will revealing later on. There was also another secret project she was working but won't reveal until the time is right.

Overall, my dream finally came true. I have finally met Charisma!!! I can now do the Dance of Joy!!!

Here are my photo op picture and the Playboy she signed. How cool is that?

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
Bryan

Cool

She tweeted the Playboy thing...............

charisma carpenter ‏@AllCharisma 31 May
Japan has my Playboy too? Wow pic.twitter.com/TKnWK92nq7

Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Cool, glad you got to meet her and had a good time. I hope the secret project is something I'd actually watch.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface View Post
She spoke about her upcoming blog this June, co-authoring with her ex-husband.
Ok, that's odd.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Congrats on fulfilling your dream.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
Ok, that's odd.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Congrats on fulfilling your dream.
I was actually thinking that too as soon as I read it. I'm curious now for sure.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
DamnSkippy

I found a portion of the session at YT and she said it was a co-parenting blog. So I imagine it's something like how to co-parent when you're divorced and not kill each other kind of thing. Frankly, it sounds a bit like Damien trying to hang onto the golden goose to me, but what do I know?
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #7
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

She IS a doll, isn't she?

The Dance of Joy? Your gotta choreograph an entire hour long show, 'cause her smile is just to energizing.

At least you were smart enough to get a photo with her. Me, back in '06, I was so star struck, I forgot about a photo with the two of us... But she was so friendly and gracious I got to chat with her for a good half hour or so, so it's all good.

Back then, I got to meet Damien, too, and I found him friendly.
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote