Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
nodakskip

Fake Charisma news

While looking for pics from the ID upfronts I found this...

http://en.mediamass.net/people/chari...hest-paid.html

It's been a rough year for the actress, but at least she has her millions of dollars to ease the pain. 42-year-old Charisma Carpenter has taken the No. 1 spot on People With Money’s top 10 highest-paid actresses for 2013 with an estimated $46 million in combined earnings.

UPDATE 29/03/2013 : This story seems to be false. (read more)

Charisma Carpenter tops annual list of highest-paid actresses

In 2010 it looked like the actress’s spectacular career was winding down. Suddenly, she was back on top. People With Money reports on Thursday (March 28) that Carpenter is the highest-paid actress in the world, pulling in an astonishing $46 million between February 2012 and March 2013, a nearly $20 million lead over her closest competition.

People With Money’s factors

In compiling this yearly list, the magazine considers factors such as upfront pay, profit participation, residuals, endorsements and advertising work.

The American actress has an estimated net worth of $145 million. She owes her fortune to smart stock investments, substantial property holdings, lucrative endorsement deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. She also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Carpenter Burger” chain) in Washington, a Football Team (the “Las Vegas Angels”), has launched her own brand of Vodka (Pure Wondercarpenter - US), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Charisma) and a fashion line called “Charisma Carpenter Seduction”.

The ranking is significant for many Carpenter fans, who have been waiting for her triumphant return to the glory days for what seems like a lifetime.

© 2013 MediaMass All rights reserved. Do not reproduce (even with permission).
Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
Livvie
nutcase

That site is so strange. I clicked around and it's the same stories over and over just with different people's names in them. I wonder if it's some kind of ad site or something?

Oh wait! I found something. It's a satire site:

http://en.mediamass.net/blog/mediamass-project

The Mediamass Project : Media criticism through satire

Mediamass in the press
The name “Mediamass”
The project's name is an ironic reversal of portmanteau “mass-media” (media for the masses) in “media-mass” which here means “media en masse” as mass production and therefore mass consumption are the object of our criticism.

The website “mediamass.net”
The website mediamass.net is the medium of our satire to expose with humour, exaggeration and ridicule the contemporary mass production and mass consumption that we observe

Also it will not only mock the procuders (mainstream media, journalists) as it is common when questioning and criticizing mass media, but also the consumers as one cannot exist without the other. Sensationalism, lack of verification of information, ethics and standards issues are only symptoms of the actual social and economic order. This is particularly obvious when observing the role of social networking sites in spreading rumours.

Our ‘People’ section
Our website is very new (launched back at the end of October 2012) and still under construction. The ‘People’ section the only active one.

The concept is to select the most typical, representative and recurrent articles across Gossip magazines and to make them available for all the celebrities in our database.

The ‘People’ section is a humorous parody of Gossip magazines, all stories are obviously not true.

Thus thousands of celebrities, Bill Gates in USA, Zhang Ziyi in China, Ranbir Kapoor in India, etc. all have a dog called “Spinee” recovering from successful surgery.

We won’t change the world, but at least we'll laugh trying.

Our project is still in its early stages. If you have any questions, comments or ideas or want to join the team please feel free to contact us.