Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2005, 08:21 PM   #16
aapac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar
I'm not sure why SMG would be interested in this unless she's resigned herself to a horror niche given "The Grudge" and her outstanding work in stuff like "Cruel Intentions." Maybe she's going after Ricci's stuff.
Let's not forget that she'll have three films that will come out inbetween The Grudge and this... all of them aren't horror and are all dramatically different from one another - a thriller, to a musical or whatever 'Southland Tales' is and a serious drama piece

I don't think there is any resigning going on at all
aapac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:03 PM   #17
KarKar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapac
Let's not forget that she'll have three films that will come out inbetween The Grudge and this...
They're a crapshoot at best I'm guessing. They don't seem to be highly anticipated ones from the lack of buzz.

Even with the Grudge she doesn't seem to be taken as a big player. And a musical? Really?

"La la la la la! We can't sing!"
Old 06-25-2005, 06:27 AM   #18
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar
They're a crapshoot at best I'm guessing. They don't seem to be highly anticipated ones from the lack of buzz.

Even with the Grudge she doesn't seem to be taken as a big player. And a musical? Really?

"La la la la la! We can't sing!"
Her character doesn't sing in the musical (Southland Tales), or so I heard.
A big player? Right now she's on the edge, I'd say- still B-list, but she impressed some important people with both her work ethic and the box office for The Grudge.
One or two hits, she'll be there.

(Or one or two flops, she'll slip back).

Anyway, both Southland Tales and The Hunting And Fishing project have quite a bit of buzz; the first because of its Donnie Darko predecessor and the second because of Melissa Blank (latest lliterary darling).

So we'll see what happens.
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #19
LaLa247
Wooo!

From what I read, the "musicial" scene is similar to that in Magnolia.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote