Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2005, 08:57 PM   #196
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip
Meanwhile, Alyssa Milano, stop your snickering!
Oh, that's just too funny.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:30 AM   #197
Andromeda7_4

I'm no expert; but...
Don't those test screenings take place before the upfronts in NY?

Because Doherty was at the upfronts, promoting the show. Why, if UPN already knew that she didn't test well?
I thought those tests determined what shows got picked up in the first place?
(For example, I heard the ABC execs really didn't care much for FPJ's new sitcom; but changed their minds after it tested well).

Hmm, I know I have a suspicious mind; but I can't help wondering what really happened.
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:06 AM   #198
Bibliophile

Most likely, the network really liked the show but they would have looked pretty silly picking up and promoting a show without a lead. A lot of shows go through changes after the pilots are picked up. On a network like UPN, they would have to shoot a first episode anyway since that network doesn't do full pilots. They still have about two months to find someone before they start shooting for the season.

TVGuide.com reposted the blurb today with an update that UPN is now confirming the cast change.
Quote:
YOU READ IT HERE FIRST!: In a move that will shock absolutely no one, UPN is now confirming that Shannen Doherty has been dropped as the star of its new fall sitcom, Love, Inc. The former 90210/Charmed diva — who just last week was flown to New York and paraded before advertisers at the network's upfront presentation — was to have played a savvy matchmaker whose own love life left something to be desired. "Shannen is a terrific actress," says a UPN rep, "but we're going in a different creative direction with the show." An industry source says Doherty was a casualty of bad research, adding, "Preview audiences were not responding to her." The role will be recast. Meanwhile, Alyssa Milano, stop your snickering!
Does anyone else find it interesting that the blurb title used for the original item is the name of a show CC was on? Hopefully, it's not just a coincidence.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:11 PM   #199
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

It isn't just Shannen Doherty.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:24 PM   #200
Platypus
The Pointy End

It's not uncommon for there to be some casting "juggling" even after pilots are picked up and the upfronts announced. It would be nice to see CC benefit from it, though...

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 08:39 AM   #201
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
It's not uncommon for there to be some casting "juggling" even after pilots are picked up and the upfronts announced. It would be nice to see CC benefit from it, though...

I can't help thinking it's mean to have the actors there, posing for photos and promoting the show and acting all excited; and then tell them they've been dumped and the network is going to hire somebody else.

I know it's not unusual, but it does seem harsh.
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote